Windows 10: How do I change the volume of the Text to Speech in Windows 10

Discus and support How do I change the volume of the Text to Speech in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey y'all, I've been trying to set the volume of my Text to Speech and I cannot find a separate adjustment for it. I've found the setting to choose a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZombieKim, May 17, 2024.

1. ZombieKim Win User

How do I change the volume of the Text to Speech in Windows 10

Hey y'all, I've been trying to set the volume of my Text to Speech and I cannot find a separate adjustment for it. I've found the setting to choose a "voice: I am extremely sound sensitive, and from what I can tell in my sound settings, the volume slide for TTS is tied to my Master volume. So if I want to turn down text to speech, I have to turn everything else down too. The text to speech absolutely BLARES OUT, it's AWFUL. If my Master volume is at an appropriate level to use text to speech, then I can't hear anything else on my PC. And if I raise the volume of anything else, it raises the Ma

:)

ZombieKim, May 17, 2024

2. Speech volume

I have the same problem with my new 1520. Didn't have this problem with my HTC 8X, in same car. The phone's volume setting does not seem to matter, but I have not tried changing it during text-to-speech playback as someone suggested. Should that work it
    is a very inelegant solution. There should be a setting for text-to-speech volume somewhere.

JamesJanner, May 17, 2024
  3. grecinos Win User
    How do you change the text to speech voice in a (Windows) vbscript?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a text to speech vbscript. The problem I'm having is that I can only select between 3 voices. I have 8 available in Windows 10.

Here is my code:

Code: set voice = CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice") set voice.Voice = voice.GetVoices.Item(1) voice.Rate = 1 voice.Volume = 90 voice.Speak TextMessage[/quote] I get a vbs error message when I choose a number greater than 2 for the voice.GetVoices.Item(1) parameter.

Error: 0x80045039
    Code: 80045039
    Source: (null)

Any suggestions?

TIA,

grecinos

grecinos, May 17, 2024
  4. enrix Win User

word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

Hello

I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

enrix, May 17, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I change the volume of the Text to Speech in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change volume Text

2. How do I change the volume of the Text to Speech in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the volume of the Text to Speech in Windows 10: Hey y'all, I've been trying to set the volume of my Text to Speech and I cannot find a separate adjustment for it. I've found the setting to choose a "voice: I am extremely sound sensitive, and from what I can tell in my sound settings, the volume slide for TTS is tied to my...
  3. How do I change the volume of the Text to Speech in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the volume of the Text to Speech in Windows 10: Hey y'all, I've been trying to set the volume of my Text to Speech and I cannot find a separate adjustment for it. I've found the setting to choose a "voice: I am extremely sound sensitive, and from what I can tell in my sound settings, the volume slide for TTS is tied to my...
  4. Speech to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech to text: Hello!In the past when i press the windows button and the letter h, speech to text will normally work. Now it is no longer working.Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-to-text/5c51e32e-5082-43dc-8a32-5ce5835cf0b9
  5. Speech to Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech to Text: In an online lecture and wanna take notes without having to type. I know with macs you can double tap the FN key to activate a speech to text thing that will take whatever a prof is saying and write it down in a word doc. How tf do I do this on windows? submitted by...
  6. text to speech

in Windows 10 Customization
    text to speech: I am trying to locate other united states female voices to add but can't locate them. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-to-speech/99702a97-6694-4e10-a2b4-614a713ce8db
  7. Speech To Text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speech To Text: I'm looking for a free user-friendly speech to text download for Windows 10 email and Word. I'v tried the STT with the black microphone logo, which I believe is the Windows STT, and couldn't get it to work. Please set me in the right direction. Thank you. *** Email address...
  8. Windows 10 Speech to text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Speech to text: How can I get my speech to text to work in Windows 10? I've done the voice recognition three times and it never works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-speech-to-text/e4ed4318-bd1d-4644-9a91-db34f6bb7bb2
  9. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech: Text to Speech identifies the acronyms incorrectly: Example: NM is spoken 'nanometer'. Reading Aviation material the NM is 'nautical mile' and VOR is not 'voor', it is V.O.R. There are more. I would like to modify TEXT to SPEECH speech file or dictionary relative to what...
  10. How to type text for text-to-speech

in Windows 10 Support
    How to type text for text-to-speech: In Windows 8 and below you could type any text for the text-to-speech to read, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to let you do that. Is there a way to get this feature back? This is the dialog for those who don't remember: [img] 76644