Windows 10: how do i change the WELCOME background, NOT the LOCK screen?

Discus and support how do i change the WELCOME background, NOT the LOCK screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; literally what the title says. i want to change the background that says welcome, AFTER i put in my password, NOT the background that shows up when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wildcat036553, Jan 16, 2020.

1. how do i change the WELCOME background, NOT the LOCK screen?

literally what the title says. i want to change the background that says welcome, AFTER i put in my password, NOT the background that shows up when i put in my password.

:)

Wildcat036553, Jan 16, 2020

2. Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 16, 2020
  4. how do i change the WELCOME background, NOT the LOCK screen?

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

how do i change the WELCOME background, NOT the LOCK screen?

1. how do i change the WELCOME background, NOT the LOCK screen? - Similar Threads - change WELCOME background

2. Changing Lock Screen Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Lock Screen Background: I currently have my lock screen background set to a slideshow with a mix of some of my favorite art and photography. However, Windows seems to have chosen a 'default' image that it returns to when I click to sign in - it also always starts the slideshow with this image,...
  3. Change Windows 11 Welcome Screen Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows 11 Welcome Screen Background: In Windows 11, is it possible to change the image shown on as the background of the Welcome screen? If so, how? Preferably I would like to choose the variable content that can be selected for the Lock and Sign-In screens by specifying 'Windows Spotlight' for 'Personalise your...
  4. Change Windows 11 Welcome Screen Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows 11 Welcome Screen Background: In Windows 11, is it possible to change the image shown on as the background of the Welcome screen? If so, how? Preferably I would like to choose the variable content that can be selected for the Lock and Sign-In screens by specifying 'Windows Spotlight' for 'Personalise your...
  5. Changing the lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the lock screen background: I have just bought a new HP laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to change the lock screen but the box to choose an image is greyed out and I have a red message saying 'some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation.' This is weird as this is my personal...
  6. how do i change the WELCOME screen, NOT the LOCK screen?

how do i change the WELCOME screen, NOT the LOCK screen?: literally what the title says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-welcome-screen-not-the-lock/6b74d8ae-b411-42cd-8db9-478a4415f3c8
  7. How do i change the background of Lock Screen to solid color?

How do i change the background of Lock Screen to solid color?: How do i change the background of Lock Screen to solid color? Reminder, i am NOT referring to the login screen. There is a regedit i have tried that people suggest, creating DWORD 'DisabledLogonBackground', and changed it to "1". Then go to Colors in settings and choosing...
  8. Lock Screen/Welcome screen won't change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen/Welcome screen won't change: Every single time i turn my computer on, i see this one picture, which i cannot change, even after changing the lock screen picture, which i can only see if i use Windows + L. if i set it to slideshow and select a folder it will still show this one picture in the preview even...
  9. How to Change Welcome Screen Background in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to Change Welcome Screen Background in Windows 10: I've been trying to change what I thought was my lock screen and I even have it set as such: [ATTACH] However, when I turn my computer on, I always have this (or sometimes is the lake/mountains scene): [IMG] The roses picture shown on my lock screen settings is what I...
  10. Automatically change welcome/lock screen background image at each boot

Automatically change welcome/lock screen background image at each boot: I am aware of the guide to change the lock screen background image, in fact I have a customized image. But is there a way to cycle through a folder images and change the lock screen image automatically? Perhaps using a batch file at every startup so it simply picks the next...