Windows 10: How do I change the white ‘paper’ background colour?

Discus and support How do I change the white ‘paper’ background colour? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home, 20H2, build 19042.630 and MS Office Professional Plus 2016, v2011 (Build 13426.20274, Click-to-run), Current Channel. I am running... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by wiganken, Nov 28, 2020.

1. wiganken Win User

How do I change the white ‘paper’ background colour?

Windows 10 Home, 20H2, build 19042.630 and MS Office Professional Plus 2016, v2011 (Build 13426.20274, Click-to-run), Current Channel.

I am running both Windows and Office as a local account and not signed-in to online versions of either.

All Office apps work fine but I find the white paper background too dazzling. I would like to change this colour to something easier on the eye for viewing purposes only and I do not want this colour to be printed out.

I have looked in File / Options but see no way to customise the paper colour.

Can anyone tell me how to change it or is it not possible?

Thanks in advance.

:)

wiganken, Nov 28, 2020

2. Changing the Window background colour from white to a pale colour for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

"window background colour from white to something softer", Are you referring to title bar of the window OR the white background in the file explorer, context menu etc.,?

If yes, Please be informed that this is by design and it cannot be changed from white to different color.

As this is the feature you would like to see in windows 10, you may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Changing print background colour

When I try to print a form I get a black background with white writing. How do I change the background colour so that I get a white background with black writing?

Silvergal_657, Nov 28, 2020
  4. How do I change the white ‘paper’ background colour?

Setting background colour in folders on desktop to a colour OTHER than white

Hi,

How do I set the background colour inside FOLDERS that are sitting on my desktop to a colour other than white? I am not talking about setting the 'theme' or screen colours - I was already able to do that - I set them to black. I don't want to have ANY white
    background anywhere ever. How do I change the white?

Thank you. John

John 1234 John, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I change the white ‘paper’ background colour?

1. How do I change the white ‘paper’ background colour? - Similar Threads - change white ‘paper’

2. How do I change background from black to white?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change background from black to white?: I Changed background from white to dark/black. Don't remember how I did that. I Want to change back to white. Help Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-background-from-black-to-white/b7a19934-fe06-4839-8501-06ad9c93cfa7
  3. How do I change background from black to white?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change background from black to white?: I Changed background from white to dark/black. Don't remember how I did that. I Want to change back to white. Help Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-background-from-black-to-white/b7a19934-fe06-4839-8501-06ad9c93cfa7
  4. How do I change the background colour of a Window in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the background colour of a Window in Windows 10?: How do I change the background colour of a window I am writing in? When using a word processor, for example, I find writing on a white background stressful, I would like the background colour of the window to be, say, faun. I used to be able to do this in earlier versions of...
  5. change background colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change background colour: when I am doing a dark jigsaw, it is difficult to see when the background is also dark, I can't change the background colour because that command is not highlighted. how do I highlight, I have already uninstalled and re installed, does not see to work....
  6. I want to change the colour of my background from black to white , how ?

I want to change the colour of my background from black to white , how ?: tell me how I can change the background colour from black to white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-the-colour-of-my-background-from/c8834a0c-778b-4e82-a08e-c44a087b6d99
  7. background colour changed from white to black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    background colour changed from white to black: The background colour of my screen changed to black in email and many other places. I did nothing to change it- it just happened. I hate it. How do I get it back to normal?...
  8. CHANGE THE BACKGROUND TO WHITE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHANGE THE BACKGROUND TO WHITE: I HAVE SCANNED IN SOME OLD DOCUMENTS I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE BACKGROUND FROM FADED TAN TO WHITE. HOW DO I DO IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-background-to-white/0eec65e3-e019-4a50-aded-24668a039b7e"
  9. how do i change the background to be white and the letters to be black?

how do i change the background to be white and the letters to be black?: Currently my screen is black and the letters are white I want to change it so the background is white and the letters are black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-to-be-white-and-the/87fca0b1-8ae5-4904-a4d5-87471daee065
  10. How do i change File Explorer Background Colour from White

How do i change File Explorer Background Colour from White: Is there an easy way to just change the file explorer background colour from white to another colour (light grey) with Win 10? I don't want to change to a different theme etc such as high contrast etc...I just want to change the background colour of the main file explorer...