Windows 10: How do I change the "Your info" account? It's deleted!

Discus and support How do I change the "Your info" account? It's deleted! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an old, deleted account which goes by "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", with 2 "1"s. I want to go with my new account,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cristea Octavian, Feb 10, 2024.

1. How do I change the "Your info" account? It's deleted!

I have an old, deleted account which goes by "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", with 2 "1"s. I want to go with my new account, "octav207111", with 3 "1"s. Problem is, I cannot log out from the "Your info" page Start > Settings > Accounts. However, on the main Settings page Start > Settings, at the top, I am logged into my correct account. How do I fix this? Note: the old account 2 "1"s is deleted from the Microsoft database.

:)

Cristea Octavian, Feb 10, 2024
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 10, 2024
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 10, 2024
  4. KeithG_62 Win User

How do I change the "Your info" account? It's deleted!

Deleting Microsoft account info from laptop

Hi, I am trying to delete my daughter's microsoft account info from her laptop which I am returning to the vendor due to a defect. All the online videos suggest a simple solution with changing the sign in options to a local account. Problem is that when I get to said page under account settings, there is no option for changing this. All I have is "Manage my Microsoft Account' & "Verify". I also need to delete all automatic password infill for this account of course...

KeithG_62, Feb 10, 2024
Thema:

How do I change the "Your info" account? It's deleted!

1. How do I change the "Your info" account? It's deleted! - Similar Threads - change info account

2. How do I change the "Your info" account? It's deleted!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the "Your info" account? It's deleted!: I have an old, deleted account which goes by "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", with 2 "1"s. I want to go with my new account, "octav207111", with 3 "1"s. Problem is, I cannot log out from the "Your info" page Start > Settings > Accounts. However, on the main...
  3. How do I change the "Your info" account? It's deleted!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the "Your info" account? It's deleted!: I have an old, deleted account which goes by "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", with 2 "1"s. I want to go with my new account, "octav207111", with 3 "1"s. Problem is, I cannot log out from the "Your info" page Start > Settings > Accounts. However, on the main...
  4. change account info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change account info: I've been trying to update my microsoft account to include my new e-mail address. I was able to change the e-mail address with Skype. However, the microsoft account asks for a verification code. I had put my cellular number previously to be able to do this step. The last few...
  5. How do I change the microsoft account in the my info section of the accounts page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the microsoft account in the my info section of the accounts page?: For some reason it keeps defaulting to my siblings Microsoft account instead of my own Microsoft account in the settings section of Windows 10. How can I change this? Also, his account is a child account while mine is an adult account and the same account I used to setup my...
  6. How do I change the microsoft account in the my info section of the accounts page?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the microsoft account in the my info section of the accounts page?: For some reason it keeps defaulting to my siblings Microsoft account instead of my own Microsoft account in the settings section of Windows 10. How can I change this? Also, his account is a child account while mine is an adult account and the same account I used to setup my...
  7. How do I change the microsoft account in the my info section of the accounts page?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to delete photo in Settings-Accounts- Your Info

How to delete photo in Settings-Accounts- Your Info: Sirs, I've carried out this procedure ' C:\Users\ yourname \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures ' and the picture was removed from 'Account Pictures' but it is still displayed in 'Settings - Your info'. How do I remove it please? Hidden items is open....
  9. How do I change the date of birth in account personal info?

How do I change the date of birth in account personal info?: During set up the date of birth was entered incorrectly and I cannot find an edit option which allows me to correct it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-date-of-birth-in-account/7d390afc-3020-454d-aa60-3bc2de58a2ba
  10. how do I change the sign-in info?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change the sign-in info?: I have been playing the Microsoft Jigsaw, Minecraft, and Sudoku games for over a year. At some point, the games became associated with an X-box account (I believe it was during updates), and I lost all access to achievements and, for Jigsaw, a number of puzzle collections...