Windows 10: HOW DO i CHANGE WHERE SCREENSHHOTS ARE SAVED ON MY LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS 10?

Discus and support HOW DO i CHANGE WHERE SCREENSHHOTS ARE SAVED ON MY LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where does my PC store screenshots on Windows 10 ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidJSmith15845, Nov 13, 2018.

1. HOW DO i CHANGE WHERE SCREENSHHOTS ARE SAVED ON MY LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS 10?

Where does my PC store screenshots on Windows 10 ?

:)

DavidJSmith15845, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 13, 2018
  4. HOW DO i CHANGE WHERE SCREENSHHOTS ARE SAVED ON MY LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS 10?

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

For those that don't have the tray notification.

If you don’t think any of these conditions apply to you, and you’re still not seeing the icon, you can also try running the solution below, which will verify your device meets all the prerequisites and then turn on the Get Windows 10 app:

• Open Notepad
    • Copy the following text and paste it into Notepad:
    REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx

if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

:CompatCheckRunning

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready

if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning

:RunGWX

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"

• Click File, and then Save As
    • In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd

• Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)

• Select the folder you would like to save the file to.For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder.Then click Save.

• Open an elevated command prompt.(From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and selectRun as administrator.)

• Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6.In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:

C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd
    The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.

If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:

For Windows 7 SP1:

KB3035583

KB2952664

For Windows 8.1 Update:

KB3035583

KB2976978

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

HOW DO i CHANGE WHERE SCREENSHHOTS ARE SAVED ON MY LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS 10?

1. HOW DO i CHANGE WHERE SCREENSHHOTS ARE SAVED ON MY LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS 10? - Similar Threads - CHANGE WHERE SCREENSHHOTS

2. How do I change the Font on my Windows 10 laptop ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the Font on my Windows 10 laptop ?: We have looked into how to change your font but all we can do is the size of it. We need to change it for our eyes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-font-on-my-windows-10-laptop/20f68af9-80e0-4bdf-89cf-cbe4dba9853e
  3. How do I use "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I use "Change where new content is saved": What's the correct way/reason to use the "Change where new content is saved" feature in Settings > System > Storage, and what are the expected results? I've used it across multiple clean installs to get games from the Windows store to install on a different drive, and every...
  4. How do I change where my storage goes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change where my storage goes?: I've been trying to download a couple things but it says I don't have enough storage to download it when I have another hard drive with 1 TB. I have tried to look for ways to fix this but I am not too good with computers. Can anybody help? My main storage is just labeled as...
  5. How to change where my screenshots are saved to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change where my screenshots are saved to?: Hey reddit! I hate having to click on the popup that comes up everytime a take a screenshot with the snipping tool so I searched up how to take a quick ss. So, I tried using it and it just saves them all to my desktop. I absolutley hate this because I CAN NOT have a messy...
  6. changing where apps are saved

changing where apps are saved: when I try to download games the option to download in to my hard drive is not working when it redirects me to storage settings and gives me the option to change where content is saved I change apps to my hard drive it then says that I have files from another device on my...
  7. Windows 10: How to change where certain files are saved?

Windows 10: How to change where certain files are saved?: I did a full restart of my laptop a while ago and so everything was reverted back to factory settings, I guess. But for some reason, when I save things like .rar files, it saves them in a weird location (This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Users > Me > AppData > Local > Temp). I want...
  8. change where content is saved

change where content is saved: I install a second hard drive that is recognize be the system, but under "change where content is saved" does not give me the option to choose this drive that is listed as D:. Is formatted as NTFS If I plug an external hard drive I will get the option to saved in it...
  9. How do I change the Owner/User name on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10?

How do I change the Owner/User name on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10?: How do I change the Owner's name to my name on a computer I was given. I don't necessarily want to reformat the whole thing because it was relatively clean when I received it and has a lot of programs on it that I wouldn't be able to afford to replace. Of course I can do a...
  10. Minecraft windows 10, how to change where worlds are saved.

Minecraft windows 10, how to change where worlds are saved.: I was wondering if there was is a way to chance where my worlds save. Specifically if I can change it from my c drive to another drive....