Windows 10: How Do I Change Which Apps Appear On The Desktop For Other Users?

Discus and support How Do I Change Which Apps Appear On The Desktop For Other Users? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two users: - User A - Admin - User B - Standard I want to adjust which apps appear on the desktop for User B and all other standard users (i.e:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/F14CE, Feb 2, 2021.

1. /u/F14CE Win User

How Do I Change Which Apps Appear On The Desktop For Other Users?

I have two users: - User A - Admin - User B - Standard

I want to adjust which apps appear on the desktop for User B and all other standard users (i.e: all future users expect User A).

Example:

User A: - Chrome - Spotify - iTunes - Excel

User B: - Chrome - Spotify

Note: it should only change User B’s Desktop and future users, except User A (Admin)

submitted by /u/F14CE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/F14CE, Feb 2, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

How to change default app for file type

@Bree - yes, I'm quite aware of this thanks, but as you will see it's missing. I recall reading that clicking the dialogue at a certain point in blank space made it appear, and trying that once successfully, but doesn't seem to help now. Plenty of other similar reports of this option being missing.

How Do I Change Which Apps Appear On The Desktop For Other Users? [​IMG]

'Fix' described here: (essentially unassociate the extension)
    Windows 10 "Always use this app" checkbox missing - Super User

dalchina, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 2, 2021
  4. How Do I Change Which Apps Appear On The Desktop For Other Users?

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

How Do I Change Which Apps Appear On The Desktop For Other Users?

1. How Do I Change Which Apps Appear On The Desktop For Other Users? - Similar Threads - Change Apps Appear

2. How do I change the direction of which my desktop arrange in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the direction of which my desktop arrange in?: I changed my system language to English Left to right from Hebrew Right to left and it flipped horizontally my whole desktop icons and the taskbar too.now how do I get them to go back to the "Right to Left" orientation without changing my language?I changed to English because...
  3. How do I change the direction of which my desktop arrange in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the direction of which my desktop arrange in?: I changed my system language to English Left to right from Hebrew Right to left and it flipped horizontally my whole desktop icons and the taskbar too.now how do I get them to go back to the "Right to Left" orientation without changing my language?I changed to English because...
  4. How do I change the direction of which my desktop arrange in?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i change user

How do i change user: Ive tried to move user accounts off C: drive. Than i made a new user to see if files appear on the mew location. They didn't nor did they appear on C drive. I restarted the PC thinking it might solvr the issue.On login screen only the newly made test account is visible....
  6. How do i change user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change user: Ive tried to move user accounts off C: drive. Than i made a new user to see if files appear on the mew location. They didn't nor did they appear on C drive. I restarted the PC thinking it might solvr the issue.On login screen only the newly made test account is visible....
  7. How do i change user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How do I change the appearance of the mail app on Windows 10?

How do I change the appearance of the mail app on Windows 10?: I can't remember how I changed the image on the app, so I need to do it again since it is NOT Christmas! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-appearance-of-the-mail-app-on/24cab676-3dec-48a6-96ba-f5ae0f248751
  9. How do I choose which monitor new desktop icons appear on?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I choose which monitor new desktop icons appear on?: I am using a computer with multiple monitors. I have monitor 1 set as my main display, and monitor 2 is secondary. When I save a file to my desktop, the file always seems to appear on my secondary monitor instead of my main display, even though monitor 1 is set to be the main...
  10. How do I change to the "other" desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change to the "other" desktop?: I lost all my file folder and my original desktop I use every day - where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-to-the-other-desktop/08296103-c961-4dc2-b6bd-88333f3b160f