Windows 10: How do I change which camera is used by Windows Hello without disabling my eye tracker

Discus and support How do I change which camera is used by Windows Hello without disabling my eye tracker in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm quadriplegic, so I use a Tobii 4C eye tracker all operations of my new HP Pavilion laptop. I do the same thing with my desktop, but with a little... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JDspeeder1, May 12, 2021.

1. How do I change which camera is used by Windows Hello without disabling my eye tracker

I'm quadriplegic, so I use a Tobii 4C eye tracker all operations of my new HP Pavilion laptop. I do the same thing with my desktop, but with a little bit of mouse added in. I need to know how to force Windows Hello to use my laptop's built-in camera instead of the eye tracker. Because I have to position the laptop in a very specific way for it to read my eyes, it can't see my face well enough to log me in. The built-in camera is much better positioned, but Windows Hello won't use it. I've seen similar questions from other people, and there are two s

:)

JDspeeder1, May 12, 2021

2. Setting up Eye Control (beta) with Tobii Eye Tracker 4c on a Toshiba notebook with Windows 10.

I'm trying to setup Eye Control on a Toshiba laptop running Windows 10. I have a Tobii Eye Tracker 4C but when I try to set the software up it doesn't recognize the hardware. I'm currently using the same hardware on the same computer with OptiKey
    software and it works. Any suggestion how to get Eye Control to recognize it?

BlaneEbersold, May 12, 2021
  3. Recently purchased eye tracker

How do I setup eye tracker and check its compatibility ?

RebeccaNengi, May 12, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

How do I change which camera is used by Windows Hello without disabling my eye tracker

Tobii Unveils Next-Generation Eye Tracker at CeBIT

Tobii Technology, the world leader in eye tracking and gaze interaction, today announced the introduction of its next-generation eye tracking integration component, the Tobii IS-2 Eye Tracker. It represents a major leap forward in the evolution of eye tracking that will further accelerate the development of new and exciting applications for professionals and consumers. The Tobii IS-2 Eye Tracker will be available to view at the Tobii Technology booth, No. A29, Hall 26, at CeBIT in Hannover, March 6-10.

“By introducing the smallest and most reliable eye-tracking system on the market, we are bringing the power of eye tracking and gaze interaction to a wide range of products and applications,” said Henrik Eskilsson, CEO of Tobii Technology. “We are working intensely with dozens of partners that are realizing an array of exciting products based on our eye-tracking component. Imagination is truly the only limit of what you can do with eye tracking.”

How do I change which camera is used by Windows Hello without disabling my eye tracker 52a_thm.jpg

How do I change which camera is used by Windows Hello without disabling my eye tracker 52b_thm.jpg

How do I change which camera is used by Windows Hello without disabling my eye tracker 52c_thm.jpg

A major step in eye tracking evolution
    The IS-2 Eye Tracker is a complete eye-tracking system that makes it possible to easily add eye-tracking capabilities to a wide variety of products.

“The Tobii IS-2 Eye Tracker represents a major technological step forward in eye-tracking evolution. Following the Tobii IS-1 Eye Tracker – the world’s most widely implemented eye tracker – the Tobii IS-2 shows several advancements, including even further improved tracking robustness and range,” said John Elvesjö, CTO of Tobii Technology. “It allows for accurate eye tracking of almost everyone within varying environments – a tremendous, but necessary, challenge in volume applications.”

In addition, the Tobii IS-2 price point has been lowered, size has been reduced by 75 percent and it uses 40 less power. The entire OEM component is integrated on a single board with system-independent processing, which allows for a very small physical footprint and seamless integration into various products.

A wide range of interactive and analytical applications
    Gaze interaction makes computer interaction more effective, more engaging and more exciting. With Tobii IS-2 Eye Tracker, eye and gaze tracking functions can easily be added to products such as:
    • high-end computer monitors or peripherals
    • computer-aided design (CAD)
    • medical imaging
    • air traffic control
    • baggage scanning
    • arcade games and slot machines
    • infotainment systems in public places or hospitals
    • eye position for 3D and other segments
    Eye tracking also surpasses most methods in analytical applications to study what people are looking at or to understand what data they are processing. The Tobii IS-2 component will also fit into a variety of human-response-based products such as those involving:
    • medical diagnostics and assessment
    • lie detection
    • attention monitoring
    • training
    • rehabilitation
    “The Tobii IS-2 is arriving at a perfect time in computing history, when most computer manufacturers are implementing new modalities to enhance their products and develop more natural interfaces. But we also see a strong demand from many other industries and anticipate a strong trend in application development for the coming year,” said Barbara Barclay, general manager of Tobii Technology Inc. in North America. “The smaller size and lower price point of the Tobii IS-2 platform opens up new opportunities to integrate the technology in various devices and applications.”

btarunr, May 12, 2021
Thema:

How do I change which camera is used by Windows Hello without disabling my eye tracker

1. How do I change which camera is used by Windows Hello without disabling my eye tracker - Similar Threads - change camera used

2. How do I reset my PIN without using Windows Hello?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my PIN without using Windows Hello?: I've been trying to reset my PIN but the only option to reset is using Windows Hello. Whenever I try to set up Windows Hello, it comes up with an error message at the end stating I may not have access to the internet or VPN. If this is truly the case, I don't see how I'm...
  3. How do I reset my PIN without using Windows Hello?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset my PIN without using Windows Hello?: I've been trying to reset my PIN but the only option to reset is using Windows Hello. Whenever I try to set up Windows Hello, it comes up with an error message at the end stating I may not have access to the internet or VPN. If this is truly the case, I don't see how I'm...
  4. How do I reset my PIN without using Windows Hello?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. how do I disable windows hello

how do I disable windows hello: Dear Community-I used Peer Sam's "solution", see below now my machine will not boot. How do I fix this? I recently upgraded now running:Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎05-‎15 OS build 19042.985 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 Method...
  6. tobii eye tracker 5 support

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    tobii eye tracker 5 support: Accessibility settings show me that it's not compatible. Could it be enabled? submitted by /u/dugi0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lg4eny/tobii_eye_tracker_5_support/
  7. how do i use my tobii eye tracker as a webcam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i use my tobii eye tracker as a webcam: i know its gonna look like crap but using the windows hello face recognition setup i was able to see through drinks and tv remotes as seen on my other post on my account... i think it would be cool to use as a webcam and record video submitted by /u/sunggis [link]...
  8. Recently purchased eye tracker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recently purchased eye tracker: How do I setup eye tracker and check its compatibility ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-purchased-eye-tracker/608d5e9a-1ccb-468d-b6a9-1b81d82dfefb
  9. BioEnrollmentHost.exe crashing when trying to setup Windows Hello using Tobii eye tracker

BioEnrollmentHost.exe crashing when trying to setup Windows Hello using Tobii eye tracker: Hi, When I attempt to setup Widows Hello using my Tobii EyeX, BioEnrollmentHost.exe appears to crash. Below is the data provided by the event viewer: Faulting application name: BioEnrollmentHost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.388, time stamp: 0xecace87b Faulting module name:...
  10. How do I change which camera Windows Hello uses to detect my face?

How do I change which camera Windows Hello uses to detect my face?: I've been using a Tobii 4C eye tracker to operate nearly 100% of my computer functions and with Windows Hello to log me in I'm basically quadriplegic. That works, but when it scans my face for Windows Hello, it stops working as an eye tracker and I usually have to ask for...