Windows 10: How do I change Windows 10 from AHCI to AMD RAID?

Discus and support How do I change Windows 10 from AHCI to AMD RAID? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Emphasis on the AMD. I have found dozens of articles that state that you either need to boot into safe boot and let Windows install the driver or you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krashd, Aug 8, 2020.

1. krashd Win User

How do I change Windows 10 from AHCI to AMD RAID?

Emphasis on the AMD.

I have found dozens of articles that state that you either need to boot into safe boot and let Windows install the driver or you enable the driver by altering a few registry entries from a '3' to a '0' (iaStor, iaStorSVC, ahciStor, etc), some articles state that you need to do a combination of both these things, but I came to the conclusion that these articles are only relevant if you have an Intel chipset (though not one of the articles mentions as such).

So, how do you switch from AHCI to RAID if you have an AMD chipset, namely the X370?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

Is there an entry in the above key that enables AMD RAID, seeing as there are entries that do the same for Intel RAID? I find it a bit weird that you would be able to enable or disable a myriad of different boot configurations here but not one that enables AMD RAID.

The only "solution" I have found so far is the following question on SuperUser.com where the guy asking the same question I am manages to solve it himself via some clever file hacking but his answer is almost a decade old, is likely for a different version of Windows, and both the name of his .inf file and the contents of that file are nothing like the .inf files that came with my driver...
    How can I install an AMD RAID driver after Windows installation? - Super User

Any ideas, people?

PS. I'm not interested in Windows built-in mirroring or the new Storage Spaces thing. I'm using mirroring now and every time Windows fails to shut down properly my C:\ drive has to spend 5 hours re-synchronising, I've also heard you can't boot from a Storage Spaces pool which rules that out completely.

Windows 10 1909

:)

krashd, Aug 8, 2020
  2. KubekVF Win User

Change SATA mode to AHCI from IDE

I was able to change it now (I also had some issues with NICs so I decided to reinstall my PC but I wanted to keep my files, programs, settings .... ). Here is how:

• Lunch application "setup.exe" from path "c:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\Windows\" (simply running upgrade to 10 again, but this time from windows 10)
    • After first reboot, change SATA mode to AHCI and let Windows finish upgrade
    • Everything should be fine now
    I am now running my disks in AHCI mode now and even don't have (so far) issues I had before.

KubekVF, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Windows Will Not Boot After Trying To Change To AHCI Mode

I have looked at the How to Enable AHCI in Windows 8 After Installation link you provided.

[By the way, after you paste in a web address press the spacebar and it will turn into a hyperlink so people can get to where you are pointing -

http://www.ithinkdiff.com/how-to-enable-ahci-in-windows-8-after-installation/
    ]

All their methods were about steps to take in Windows 8 Registry before changing the BIOS. They were not an alternative to the BIOS. If you have no such setting in your BIOS then you cannot use AHCI. All BIOSes differ but here is a sample AHCI entry to
    help you check for anything similar -

How do I change Windows 10 from AHCI to AMD RAID? 8a967d2a-8dc3-4201-85ac-ceefe8dfb974.jpg

• I think you should leave any fiddling with AHCI now and focus on getting the system in working condition first though.
    • If SFC & DISM did not help you resolve this problem then I suggest that you restore your system image again.
    • If you no longer have it then make an
      installation USB
      and run a
      Repair install [also called an InPlace upgrade]

Once you have a working system again & only if you have a ACHI setting in your BIOS -

• Make a new system image before any more experiments.
    • If you do find an AHCI setting in your BIOS then you could try just changing it and seeing if the system still works. Another user did just that and found that it all continued working without anything else having to be done.
    • And if it doesn't work for your computer then you could
      either go back to the BIOS, reset it then give up the idea or do a clean installation with AHCI set and see if that works.

Denis

Tryx3, Aug 8, 2020
  4. How do I change Windows 10 from AHCI to AMD RAID?

How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10

How do I change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10, so I can use a MSATA SSD for caching with IRST?

PhillipPitalo, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

How do I change Windows 10 from AHCI to AMD RAID?

1. How do I change Windows 10 from AHCI to AMD RAID? - Similar Threads - change AHCI AMD

2. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  3. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  4. AHCI or RAID?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AHCI or RAID?: Hi there, I am about to install Windows 10 onto a single 4.0 NVMe M.2 as a clean installation and I want to know if I should set the SATA control to AHCI or RAID? This is not a RAID set up just one single 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD card. Thank you, Robert....
  5. Change from Raid to AHCI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change from Raid to AHCI: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 -7000- i5- 7573 came with SSD SanDisk X400 M.2 2280 256GB-1012 card, ok! in the Bios it is in Raid mode, and I would like to change it to AHCI, is it possible to make that change? Thanks JP...
  6. How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10

How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10: How do I change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10, so I can use a MSATA SSD for caching with IRST? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-ahci-to-raid-without/0d2b9a8a-f8d8-4a67-ac73-9fab3f217d03
  7. Switch from Raid to AHCI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch from Raid to AHCI: Is there a way to switch from Raid to AHCI without losing everything and having to reinstall Windows again? 104898
  8. AHCI or RAID

AHCI or RAID: Hi. I have just purchased a Dell XPS 15 Laptop with a single 512gb SSD. I am wanting to clean install Windows 10 but am unsure whether to place the BIOS in RAID or AHCI? I have heard the read/write SSD speeds are similar once in windows. Would one of these interfaces...
  9. Changing from AHCI to RAID causes boot loop

Changing from AHCI to RAID causes boot loop: I have a MySN XMG U716 (Clevo P775DM1) that I got with two 256Gb Samung 951 NVMe PCIe SSD's, initially in RAID 1. I later decided to break this RAID array because I wanted the extra 256Gb for games etc, and I broke the array by setting them to Non-Raid but leaving RAID mode...
  10. Switch from AHCI to RAID

Switch from AHCI to RAID: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on an SSD in AHCI mode. I would like to add a RAID 1 array to this system for storage but I understand some registry tweaks must be made before I can change my BIOS from AHCI to RAID mode or I'll end up hosing Windows. I've read that the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AMD_RAIDAHCI_win 10

2. How do I change from AHCI to RAID in Windows 10?

3. ahci to amd raid windows 10