Windows 10: How do I change Word being the default to open my documents, to Wordpad?

Discus and support How do I change Word being the default to open my documents, to Wordpad? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't like using word to open documents I've made on wordpad. How can I make it so the next time I open a document, it leads me to Wordpad instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stock-Performance129, Jan 30, 2021.

1. How do I change Word being the default to open my documents, to Wordpad?

I don't like using word to open documents I've made on wordpad. How can I make it so the next time I open a document, it leads me to Wordpad instead of Word?

submitted by /u/Stock-Performance129
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stock-Performance129, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

word to wordpad

It seems quite common these days that new PCs come with Word as the default association for documents as a 'advert' to try and get you to buy Word. It is easy to change the default association to Wordpad.

Wordpad files will not allow write permission.

3. stonefly Win User
    word to wordpad

The Word documents are showing up as .doc rather than .docx. I followed your suggestion, but when I tried to open the document I got the same song and dance from Microsoft, specifically, "Buy Microsoft Word". There must be some way out of this dilemma. Microsoft has hijacked all my documents and is holding them for ransom.

stonefly, Jan 30, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How do I change Word being the default to open my documents, to Wordpad?

Wordpad documents being saved to Word

Hi Mike

If RTF documents are opening in Word:

Right click an RTF document, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open xxx . . .'

If Wordpad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Wordpad should be in that list . . .

Choosing Wordpad form one of those lists will reset the file associations on RTF documents and they should then automatically open in Wordpad . . .

DaveM121, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

How do I change Word being the default to open my documents, to Wordpad?

1. How do I change Word being the default to open my documents, to Wordpad? - Similar Threads - change Word being

2. I want Wordpad to be my default and not Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want Wordpad to be my default and not Word: Word has expired for me. I am not paying $99 a year to renew it. Therefore, it blocked me from doing everything so I tried to switch to Wordpad. Now, every time that I use Wordpad, it saves it as Word and there is no option to change that. When I open it even after changing...
  3. I want Wordpad to be my default and not Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want Wordpad to be my default and not Word: Word has expired for me. I am not paying $99 a year to renew it. Therefore, it blocked me from doing everything so I tried to switch to Wordpad. Now, every time that I use Wordpad, it saves it as Word and there is no option to change that. When I open it even after changing...
  4. I want Wordpad to be my default and not Word

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to change language on a document in wordpad opened a document it was in Chinese?

how to change language on a document in wordpad opened a document it was in Chinese?: change language on a document opened a wordpad doc it is in Chines need English thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language-on-a-document-in-wordpad/403c1663-36d9-410b-9acf-12749dbb3ef8
  6. How do I change default font in wordpad

How do I change default font in wordpad: How do I change default font and size in wordpad... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-font-in-wordpad/ddd9cd02-3e14-4bca-ba78-fd2c29ef0b5e
  7. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...
  8. Wordpad documents being saved to Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wordpad documents being saved to Word: Whenever I save a document in Wordpad, it gets saved to Word. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents-being-saved-to-word/b382d304-cf64-43db-9d0b-11d89bfa27e9"
  9. Word documents changed to wordpad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word documents changed to wordpad: I just did a system update and now my word documents have been changed to wordpad. Why, on earth did this happen and how do I reverse this without having to change every file independently?...
  10. Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document

Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document: Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead of as a WordPad document [img] [img] I'm setting up a new Dell Inspiron 15 (x64) laptop. Windows 10 Home (x64). And want to have WordPad to open as a WordPad document. --- The top of the document shows Word...