Windows 10: How do I check any problems w ram of CPU if my PC keeps crashing? (BSOD)

Discus and support How do I check any problems w ram of CPU if my PC keeps crashing? (BSOD) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A friend of mine recently built this pc for me and this past week it’s been crashing pretty frequently every day, and on a past post people are saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SomberIncaMango, Aug 11, 2020.

1. How do I check any problems w ram of CPU if my PC keeps crashing? (BSOD)

A friend of mine recently built this pc for me and this past week it’s been crashing pretty frequently every day, and on a past post people are saying it could be hardware related and to check ram and CPU. I feel like it could be ram related cause I always see the word memory. I really don’t know too much about all this, I just know which parts are which and that’s it. Could someone explain what I could do to check what’s being affected?

submitted by /u/SomberIncaMango
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SomberIncaMango, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Aug 11, 2020
  3. dcobb013 Win User
    Win 10 BSOD after reducing number of CPUs

• Win 10 x64 running in VMware Fusion VM on MacBook Pro w/ 6 physical cores & HT.
    • When VM is configured with 5+ CPUs, Windows runs fine.
    • When VM is configured with 4 or fewer, BSOD INVALID SYSTEM CONFIG INFO
      • WINLOAD.EFI missing or corrupted
      • Attempt to repair using ISO image fails
    OS X 10.15.4, VMware Fusion Pro 11.5.3

Win 10 Enterprise

Version 1703

Build 15063.2108

Any suggestions appreciated, as I need to move this VM to another HW config with fewer physical CPUs.

Thanks!

dcobb013, Aug 11, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

How do I check any problems w ram of CPU if my PC keeps crashing? (BSOD)

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Try OCCT with just one stick of ram if crash then try the 2nd stick by it self. Lets eliminate the ram from the scenario.

I would think its more likely to be the Ram cuz of OCCT or maybe the mobo but I doubt the tumble did anything to the CPU.

DRDNA, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

How do I check any problems w ram of CPU if my PC keeps crashing? (BSOD)

1. How do I check any problems w ram of CPU if my PC keeps crashing? (BSOD) - Similar Threads - check problems ram

2. my pc keeps crashing what do i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keeps crashing what do i do: anytime i play a pc game at low quality everything's fine but then if i go up to max quality which i could do up to 3 days ago my entire pc crashes and i have to physically shut if off and back on i updates my drivers so it shouldnt be that and i reset my pc so it couldnt be...
  3. My pc keeps crashing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps crashing BSOD: My computer is completely fine up until a few weeks ago. It only crashes when I play video games-specifically Valorant-and I can't seem to find what seems to be the problem. I tried repairing system files using sfc/ scannow and chkdsk /f and chkdsk /r on command prompt, I...
  4. My pc keeps crashing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps crashing BSOD: My computer is completely fine up until a few weeks ago. It only crashes when I play video games-specifically Valorant-and I can't seem to find what seems to be the problem. I tried repairing system files using sfc/ scannow and chkdsk /f and chkdsk /r on command prompt, I...
  5. BSOD - Machine check exception / System randomly crashing. Ram or CPU Issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Machine check exception / System randomly crashing. Ram or CPU Issue?: BUGCHECK_CODE: 9c BUGCHECK_P1: 80000001 BUGCHECK_P2: ffffe601ce07db10 BUGCHECK_P3: 0 BUGCHECK_P4: 0 FILE_IN_CAB: MEMORY.DMP BLACKBOXBSD: 1 !blackboxbsd BLACKBOXNTFS: 1 !blackboxntfs BLACKBOXPNP: 1 !blackboxpnp BLACKBOXWINLOGON: 1 PROCESS_NAME: MadMax.exe STACK_TEXT:...
  6. BSOD - Machine check exception / System randomly crashing. Ram or CPU Issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Machine check exception / System randomly crashing. Ram or CPU Issue?: BUGCHECK_CODE: 9c BUGCHECK_P1: 80000001 BUGCHECK_P2: ffffe601ce07db10 BUGCHECK_P3: 0 BUGCHECK_P4: 0 FILE_IN_CAB: MEMORY.DMP BLACKBOXBSD: 1 !blackboxbsd BLACKBOXNTFS: 1 !blackboxntfs BLACKBOXPNP: 1 !blackboxpnp BLACKBOXWINLOGON: 1 PROCESS_NAME: MadMax.exe STACK_TEXT:...
  7. BSOD - Machine check exception / System randomly crashing. Ram or CPU Issue?

8. PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade

PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade: Motherboard: MSI x470 Gaming Pro Carbon Latest bios for compatibilityCPU: Ryzen 7 5700x Previously ryzen 5 2600RAM: Corsair vengeance rgb 3200mhz 4x8 previously 2x8Many of my games crash without warnings or errors, and many times my computer also crashes while stresstesting...
  9. PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade: Motherboard: MSI x470 Gaming Pro Carbon Latest bios for compatibilityCPU: Ryzen 7 5700x Previously ryzen 5 2600RAM: Corsair vengeance rgb 3200mhz 4x8 previously 2x8Many of my games crash without warnings or errors, and many times my computer also crashes while stresstesting...
  10. PC Crashing after CPU and RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming