Windows 10: How do I check Certificates in Win10 to make sure they are safe?

Discus and support How do I check Certificates in Win10 to make sure they are safe? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I know how to get to the Certificate Manager ( certmgr). There are two columns named "Issued To" and "Issued By", There are names of those issued... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pinetreecc, Nov 13, 2018.

1. How do I check Certificates in Win10 to make sure they are safe?

I know how to get to the Certificate Manager ( certmgr). There are two columns named "Issued To" and "Issued By", There are names of those issued certificates and then names of those that issued them. I somewhat understand the information displayed when you double click on one of the names. What concerns me is there are many different issuers. How can I tell who are valid issuers and certificate recipients? How do I tell if the issuer shown is the real authority and not an imposter? How do I tell if the entity listed in the 'Issued To" column is real? It is more concerning when I see the 'Issued To" is the same as the "Issued By" entity.. How is that supposed to instill security? Who oversees this? Back to my original question "How can I verify the issuer and the issued to are valid entities?"

:)

Pinetreecc, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Glad you got it sorted.

As soon as a patch is available for the second problem, I or someone will post it. There is a fix for the second problem available now, but thus far it involves manually removing it. Have a look at this article if you want to give it a try.

Second Dell Root Certificate Problem Discovered; How To Check For And Remove eDellRoot And DSDTestProvider Security Risks

Borg 386, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    kernel security check failure win 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you with this issue.

This bug check KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE indicates that the kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

Method 1:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to uninstall the game and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To boot to Safe Mode follow these steps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe mode, you may try to uninstall and the
    game and check if it works. To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      GFW client and click on Uninstall.

Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    GFW client before uninstalling it.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help to fix common Blue Screen Errors.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-nz/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

How do I check Certificates in Win10 to make sure they are safe?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

How do I check Certificates in Win10 to make sure they are safe?

1. How do I check Certificates in Win10 to make sure they are safe? - Similar Threads - check Certificates Win10

2. How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?: My numlock key is defaulting to off. Is there any way to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-sure-numlock-is-on-at-startup/5ec14c85-c162-44ed-bb94-3d8adbffe314
  3. How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?: My numlock key is defaulting to off. Is there any way to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-sure-numlock-is-on-at-startup/5ec14c85-c162-44ed-bb94-3d8adbffe314
  4. How to check SQL server certificate information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check SQL server certificate information: We have a software running with SQL server 2012 Express embedded.We check "sys.dm_exec_connections", and find that the connection between the software and the SQL server has been encrypted "encrypt_option"="TRUE".Now we want to know the SSL certificate information for the...
  5. How do I make sure this never comes out again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make sure this never comes out again?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FerSzBae [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2kuvr/how_do_i_make_sure_this_never_comes_out_again/
  6. How do I effectively make sure my data is safe before formatting?

How do I effectively make sure my data is safe before formatting?: Hi, I recently had some error with my Windows installation. Not sure what it is, but my motherboard isn't recognizing my boot drive (C:\) and my Windows installation. So, I'm going to format said boot drive (C:\) and reinstall Windows. However, how do I back up all my...
  7. How do i make sure the camera is enabled in Teams?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i make sure the camera is enabled in Teams?: I noticed that Teams is not in the list of apps which are enabled for the camera How do i add Teams to the list of apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-sure-the-camera-is-enabled-in-teams/31d7f357-fc0f-461f-93e7-852c769a5c71
  8. Just upgraded to W10, how do I make sure it never auto updates so I can check the updates...

Just upgraded to W10, how do I make sure it never auto updates so I can check the updates...: Even on W7, I always disable the updates and check the catalogue to pick the ones I want to download and install. I noticed so far, that there is no such option in settings for W10. Is there a way to do this through registry? submitted by /u/Beanies [link] [comments]...
  9. How do I make the win10 experience larger and clearer?

How do I make the win10 experience larger and clearer?: Hello Win10 is all tiny text, white folders on white backdrops for me. I wish to have larger fonts and type and coloured folders and menus so I can see one thing one top of another and where the borders are for easy drag and drop etc. I can't seem to find such themes in...
  10. How do I make sure my shared network folders are private?

How do I make sure my shared network folders are private?: Not sure if I worded that correctly, but basically.. I have an older Windows 10 desktop wish a large second HDD that I dump all my media and content on to. I wanted to access it via my laptop so I went to the drive's properties, went to Sharing, selected Advanced Sharing,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to check available wifi certificates on win10