Windows 10: How do I check to see if my W10x64 machine is secured from PrintNightmare Vulnerability?

Discus and support How do I check to see if my W10x64 machine is secured from PrintNightmare Vulnerability? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a simple way to check and see if my machine has been updated to protect against the 'PrintNightmare' Spooler service vulnerability? None of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Geospatial Australia, Jul 16, 2021.

1. How do I check to see if my W10x64 machine is secured from PrintNightmare Vulnerability?

Is there a simple way to check and see if my machine has been updated to protect against the 'PrintNightmare' Spooler service vulnerability? None of the KB patches or recent upgrades have provided any indication the machine has been resecured. There are so many KBs for so many platform variants and there is no KB# filter in windows, just a list of dozens of KBs. This information would be better presented in a sortable and filterable table. At the moment it is just click the link and read a large amount of technical jargon like 'Out-of-band' updates etc. If a minimum of 1

:)

Geospatial Australia, Jul 16, 2021
  2. GregSorg Win User

Security Vulnerability

Is Win XP installed as a Virtual Machine in Win 10 a security vulnerability?

GregSorg, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Yukikaze Win User
    WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: http://www.icasi.org/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa-vulnerabilities

Source: Security Update Guide - Microsoft Security Response Center

Yukikaze, Jul 16, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How do I check to see if my W10x64 machine is secured from PrintNightmare Vulnerability?

Does NVIDIA Display Driver Service Make Your System Vulnerable?

So let me get this straight. For someone to exploit this vulnerability the following must be true:

• The attacker mush know the username and password of an active local user account on the machine.
    • The firewall has to allow traffic in through whatever port the service is listening on.
    You'd have to have a pretty shitty security setup already for this vulnerability to really affect you.

newtekie1, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

How do I check to see if my W10x64 machine is secured from PrintNightmare Vulnerability?

1. How do I check to see if my W10x64 machine is secured from PrintNightmare Vulnerability? - Similar Threads - check W10x64 machine

2. How do I see my security question answers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see my security question answers: My tablets locked and I do not remember my password or security question answers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-my-security-question-answers/f4f77fd6-89b9-490f-8c7c-d7bdbbe5e2bd
  3. How do I see my security question answers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I see my security question answers: My tablets locked and I do not remember my password or security question answers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-my-security-question-answers/f4f77fd6-89b9-490f-8c7c-d7bdbbe5e2bd
  4. PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question: Has this been addressed? Do I still need to keep print spooler disabled? Yes or No. I've searched for a definite answer and have not been able to find one. I know there was an initial fix, but then heard that another vulnerability was discovered and that Microsoft was in...
  5. PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question

in Windows 10 Support
    PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question: Has this been addressed? Do I still need to keep print spooler disabled? Yes or No. I've searched for a definite answer and have not been able to find one. I know there was an initial fix, but then heard that another vulnerability was discovered and that Microsoft was in...
  6. Printnightmare security patch

Printnightmare security patch: Hello. Looking for help finding and downloading this security patch. I have WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 bit SP1. While searching, thought I found it. There were 2 options for download: XLSX MICROSOFT EXCEL & CSV COMMA VALUE. None of this means anything to me. Maybe I was in the...
  7. Fix for PrintNightmare security threat

Fix for PrintNightmare security threat: How do I update my laptop to guard against the PrintNightmare security threat that the media is reporting? I am running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-for-printnightmare-security-threat/1a2bc736-558a-41ef-8a4d-b82f05350cae
  8. Fix for PrintNightmare security threat

Fix for PrintNightmare security threat: How do I update my laptop to guard against the PrintNightmare security threat that the media is reporting? I am running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/fix-for-printnightmare-security-threat/1a2bc736-558a-41ef-8a4d-b82f05350cae
  9. Security/vulnerability check for Windows 10 App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security/vulnerability check for Windows 10 App: does anyone know of an application running on Windows 10 that will check a custom App for security vulnerabilities? Apparently Microsoft MBAS did this but is not available on Windows 10. Visual Studio seems to offer some capabilities ... any comments on their usefulness?...
  10. How do I check to see if someone is using my bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I check to see if someone is using my bandwidth?: Every night around 11 P.M. the internet connection speed is either drastically reduced or web pages won't even load. I am supposed to have a 15Mbps and at these times it drops down to 5 or none at all. The service provider has come out and changed the modem and all the...