Windows 10: How do I clean install Windows 10 on a new SSD while wiping the previously operating HDD...

Discus and support How do I clean install Windows 10 on a new SSD while wiping the previously operating HDD... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I’ve recently purchased an ssd in an attempt to speed up my older computer. Up to this point, I have aquired everything to actually hook up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Galarex, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Galarex Win User

How do I clean install Windows 10 on a new SSD while wiping the previously operating HDD...

Hello. I’ve recently purchased an ssd in an attempt to speed up my older computer. Up to this point, I have aquired everything to actually hook up the ssd to the computer, and I’ve saved the files I want to keep externally. I have a usb with the Windows 10 installer on it. The last step seems to be simply figuring out how to switch the designated operating drive from the old hard drive to the new ssd, as well as wiping the old hard drive to use for storage. I know how to access the boot menu, but don’t recognize anything on it. I don’t know how to partition anything or how to differentiate what’s a part of the the ssd or what’s a part of the hard drive. I also don’t know if i should install windows on the ssd before or after partitioning, before or after wiping the old drive, or whether I should have the old hard drive plugged in when installing windows. The old hard drive has two parts, a c and a d drive, if that makes any difference to it.

:)

Galarex, Apr 4, 2019

2. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 on SSD (previously installed on HDD)

Hello there,

I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 and have a digital license of it. Now, I am planning to install the Windows 10 on SSD, which was previously installed on my HDD. IF I install it on SSD, will it ask for the license key again? And if yes, what
    should I do?

Thank You

SujashJoshi, Apr 4, 2019
  4. How do I clean install Windows 10 on a new SSD while wiping the previously operating HDD...

Please help. Messed up SSD after installing windows 10 from usb

You could 'clean' it with diskpart, I am not 100% sure what the windows installer did to it, 'cleaning' it with diskpart may make your OS not load even if it is on the HDD depending on where it put the MBR, so proceed at your own risk.

To clean:
    From windows command line...

diskpart <enter>
    list disk <enter>
    note the disk # of the SSD
    select disk # (Number of ssd)
    clean <enter>

NOTE: once the SSD is 'cleaned' it cant be undone and everything will be wiped.

Psychoholic, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

How do I clean install Windows 10 on a new SSD while wiping the previously operating HDD...

1. How do I clean install Windows 10 on a new SSD while wiping the previously operating HDD... - Similar Threads - clean install SSD

2. Can't do clean install of Windows 10 on new ssd and also hdd issues...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't do clean install of Windows 10 on new ssd and also hdd issues...: Hello! I'm a computer noob and I just installed a new 500 gb ssd into my laptop that still had my hdd in it. I tried to clean install the Windows 10 on the new ssd with my 1tb hdd in it still so now it will not boot without the hdd. After researching around and reading posts...
  3. Question about doing a clean install of Windows 10 onto a wiped SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about doing a clean install of Windows 10 onto a wiped SSD: So I'm upgrading my PC with a new mobo, cpu and ram. I'm backing up my SSD that I currently use as my boot drive and I am planning on wiping it to do a clean install of Windows for the new hardware. My question is, will my back up of the old PC boot drive be an issue when I...
  4. How to move from HDD to SSD with clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move from HDD to SSD with clean install?: I have a SSD on way that I will be using to run Windows and some apps. I will do a clean install of Windows on SSD. Will I need to format the old HDD? I want to retain my files that are not stored in C drive. submitted by /u/iamharshkumar97 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD

Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD: Installed a new SSD, so my PC now has two drives. Have been running Windows 10 on the old HDD. I want to install Windows 10 on the new SSD. Using the Windows ISO DVD I made there is no choice where to install WIndows 10. I am not sure how to remove Windows 10 from the old HDD...
  6. Clean install windows 10 on new hdd

Clean install windows 10 on new hdd: Step by Step clean install windows 10 on brand new hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-windows-10-on-new-hdd/ea44534d-7c75-469b-adf6-45d18a481b0d
  7. Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10

Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10: Hi, I recently mounted my SSD into my desktop computer (doesn't show up yet, but haven't done anything with the drivers; that's another thing I'll get to). I plan to put Windows 10 onto my SSD (I have a copy of Windows 10 Education from university) and I plan on just having...
  8. how can I wipe my SSD clean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can I wipe my SSD clean?: On my computer, I have an SSD that was originally for a Vista computer. I'd like to wipe it clean to either toss it out or save it for future use. However is it a good idea to save it for future use? --- Do modern SSD's have better technology and performance? Either way,...
  9. Clean install of 10 on new SSD

Clean install of 10 on new SSD: I am about to get a new 240Gb SSD and have been advised to clean install Windows 10 on it. This SSD will replace a SATA HDD in my existing computer running Windows 8.1. I know that I qualify for the free upgrade; I have the "Get 10" icon on my task bar. My first question...
  10. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte: How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC? There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wiping a sdd and installing a windows 10 blue screen