Windows 10: How do I clean Outlook on Mail App?

Discus and support How do I clean Outlook on Mail App? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to clean my outlook "Mail" App or outlook on my web browser. I don't have outlook from Office 365, just the Mail app and outlook.com.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NetHunter321, Dec 12, 2018.

1. How do I clean Outlook on Mail App?

Hi, I am trying to clean my outlook "Mail" App or outlook on my web browser. I don't have outlook from Office 365, just the Mail app and outlook.com. I'm reading how to clean things like the .dat (data) or .fav (favorites). I've never cleaned outlook before so there's probably a lot. I was reading on how to delete it in Appdata/microsoft/outlook but it doesn't show up I think because I only have the Mail app not Outlook 2016 etc...So where can I find the Mail app to delete the .dat and other files? Or how do I clean it in my Edge browser? Please reply. Thanks

:)

NetHunter321, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I clean Outlook on Mail App? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 12, 2018
  4. clayto Win User

How do I clean Outlook on Mail App?

Outlook Mail app corrupted?

My Outlook Mail has not downloaded any mails for over 30 days. A notification repeatedly says its settings need updating (password?) and to click Fix. Fix does not work. I have checked all I can, including the password which is correct and works. Fortunately I can keep track of incoming mails with Thunderbird and even with Outlook Mail online, showing that there is a fault in my desktop app. However, I cannot re-install the app because downloading from the Store is kaput at present. I have found an article on this 'new and not uncommon problem', but it offers a host of 'fixes', too many and too complex for me.

Any suggestions?

clayto, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

How do I clean Outlook on Mail App?

1. How do I clean Outlook on Mail App? - Similar Threads - clean Outlook Mail

2. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  3. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  4. How do I migrate my Windows 11 Mail App contacts to Outlook 365?

How do I migrate my Windows 11 Mail App contacts to Outlook 365?: To say that I find the Windows Mail app a little over-simplified would be an understatement, so I have started using Outlook 365.I have set up my email accounts in 365, and the email and calendar side of things is working perfectly. Unfortunately none of my contacts have been...
  5. How do I install the Mail App

How do I install the Mail App: Split from this thread. I bought Windows10. I upgraded from Windows8.1. I was looking to regain the email app i deleted in 8.1 in error. Windows10 has a mail app but I don’t have it in my apps. How do I obtain that app?...
  6. Outlook mail people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook mail people app: I have a Problem with the people app , my contacts are in outlook .com. But are not the same as the people app in windows 10 mail, won't sync ? using mail windows 10 the people app has contacts I did not enter, or reply to and I am not able to delete them ? these strange...
  7. how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?

how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?: One of your answers is to change the default mail app from Windows 10 mail to outlook. No way to find out how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-mail-app-from/f7bcfcf6-b2d0-4e2a-a822-018d8cc57dfc
  8. how do I remove mail app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I remove mail app: Problems with mail app and need to remove and reinstall it. Remove-AppxPackage in windows power shell does not work I get the message removal failed, contact your software vendor. I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10...
  9. How do I get "Focused" on Outlook Mail App?

How do I get "Focused" on Outlook Mail App?: Hi, I had a problem with Outlook Mail App not syncing for a week so I deleted my Outlook info and created a new one. My emails sync fine and is up to date, but I lost the "Focused" option. It shows all mail together. How do I get the focused back? Is there a way to reset Mail...
  10. Outlook Mail app corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail app corrupted?: My Outlook Mail has not downloaded any mails for over 30 days. A notification repeatedly says its settings need updating (password?) and to click Fix. Fix does not work. I have checked all I can, including the password which is correct and works. Fortunately I can keep track...