Windows 10: How do I clean the download folder of Windows store

Discus and support How do I clean the download folder of Windows store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Today I tried to install Forza Motorsport on my PC and the installation failed. But that's not the point. The point is Windows store downloaded the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Stéphane Abadie, Oct 9, 2020.

1. How do I clean the download folder of Windows store

Today I tried to install Forza Motorsport on my PC and the installation failed. But that's not the point.

The point is Windows store downloaded the whole game, some 90 Gb, before failing the installation.

And of course now I want to retry the intallation, but I don't have enough space on the drive due to the previous donwload.

I need to first cleanup the download files before retrying.

Or even better, if I could retry the installation without downloading the 90Gb again...

Thank you

:)

Stéphane Abadie, Oct 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Oct 9, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Oct 9, 2020
  4. How do I clean the download folder of Windows store

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

How do I clean the download folder of Windows store

1. How do I clean the download folder of Windows store - Similar Threads - clean download folder

2. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?: If I try to download any app in Microsoft Store, it goes to the bottom of the Updates and Downloads list. In the list there are so many useless apps I don't even remember getting. This wouldn't be a problem if the download speed was average, but unfortunately it takes SO LONG...
  3. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?: If I try to download any app in Microsoft Store, it goes to the bottom of the Updates and Downloads list. In the list there are so many useless apps I don't even remember getting. This wouldn't be a problem if the download speed was average, but unfortunately it takes SO LONG...
  4. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how do I download an apps that is not available in the windows store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I download an apps that is not available in the windows store?: I went to apps & features, but I do not see where I can change the setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-an-apps-that-is-not-available-in/81112dde-0e10-4c26-815d-a11315cdfcdd
  6. how do I download an apps that is not available in the windows store?

how do I download an apps that is not available in the windows store?: I went to apps & features, but I do not see where I can change the setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-an-apps-that-is-not-available-in/81112dde-0e10-4c26-815d-a11315cdfcdd
  7. How do I get downloads to automatically download into the downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get downloads to automatically download into the downloads folder: A few weeks ago when I downloaded something I had it download to my desktop. Ever since then whenever I download something, it saves to the desktop instead of the downloads folder. How do I get downloads to automatically download into the downloads folder? I've tried...
  8. How do Windows 10 Store Folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do Windows 10 Store Folders?: So, I noticed that an empty folder doesn't have any bytes and How exactly does Windows store that kind of data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-windows-10-store-folders/edbbb923-9f1b-4181-bd19-50af6115015a
  9. how do I found downloads I downloaded from orapp store or google play store?

how do I found downloads I downloaded from orapp store or google play store?: how do I found downloads I downloaded from orapp store or google play store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i/de9e88de-386e-4765-8e35-184b7586db6b
  10. How do you clean the driver store?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you clean the driver store?: Hi all long time no post. Been looking at my C drive (Pro 64 bit) and under RecoveryImage folder there is a Drivers folder containing 25gb of files, how to clean this up seems rather excessive? 78619