Windows 10: how do i clean up the D drive in easy steps

Discus and support how do i clean up the D drive in easy steps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; im not computer sauvy. I need all the steps on how to clean my D drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phd51, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Phd51 Win User

how do i clean up the D drive in easy steps

im not computer sauvy. I need all the steps on how to clean my D drive.

:)

Phd51, Feb 16, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 16, 2020
  3. WTB: Pentium D with C1 or DO Stepping

Looking to buy a Pentium D 930, 940 ect. with C1 Stepping or a 945 C1/DO Stepping. Let me know thanks.

scrappytime, Feb 16, 2020
  4. how do i clean up the D drive in easy steps

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

how do i clean up the D drive in easy steps

1. how do i clean up the D drive in easy steps - Similar Threads - clean drive easy

2. How do I activatr Drive D?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activatr Drive D?: How do I activate Drive D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activatr-drive-d/fd7daddf-fa7c-493c-a00c-b2d4d9356e08
  3. How do I activatr Drive D?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I activatr Drive D?: How do I activate Drive D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activatr-drive-d/fd7daddf-fa7c-493c-a00c-b2d4d9356e08
  4. How do I bypass/not do this step?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I bypass/not do this step?: I just fully reset my PC, and after I get to the “choose layout” menu, it says, “Let’s set things up for your work or school account”. This has never happened before, so there is nothing I can do. There is no way I can bypass it, I’m just stuck on this screen, and can’t...
  5. How to clean up drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clean up drive.: i onyl have one drive on my pc and i want to delete evrything on it meaning clean it up so it doesnt have any data on it . *override it with 0* And i dont have a flash drive or a dvd to use a 3rd party application to do that. And i want to reinstall windows 10 manually and...
  6. How to up d drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to up d drive: Not had a pc with two hard drives before and this one is sons gaming pc. So c drive is a 250gb ssd with Windows and a few games on. D drive has games installed that work via steam on c drive. I am confused already. Now he has so much installed I am doing a system image just...
  7. Setting up a shared drive - step by step

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up a shared drive - step by step: Can anyone please help with this? :) Which order should the blocks be in? 164779
  8. Setting up a shared drive - step by step

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up a shared drive - step by step: Can anyone please help with this? :) Which order should the blocks be in? 164779
  9. How do I clean up a messed up FileHistory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I clean up a messed up FileHistory: This is a little complicated. It involves the File History option of Windows 10. As I understand it, the File History copies the files to a backup media and makes a corresponding 'support file' that points to the backup copy of the file. My problem is I messed this up and...
  10. 3 easy steps to convert files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 easy steps to convert files: I went to krafttrains website. It said I have to convert in 3 easy steps to docI think. I do that, adding the extension, then jump off the net, get back on go back to the site and it wants me to do it again. I have like 10 different extensions for various stuff and they all...