Windows 10: how do i clear my storage up on my disk

Discus and support how do i clear my storage up on my disk in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need help clearing disk storage and moving it to other places... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mylesrhannah, Jun 23, 2022.

1. how do i clear my storage up on my disk

I need help clearing disk storage and moving it to other places

:)

Mylesrhannah, Jun 23, 2022

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Jun 23, 2022
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Jun 23, 2022
  4. how do i clear my storage up on my disk

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

how do i clear my storage up on my disk

1. how do i clear my storage up on my disk - Similar Threads - clear storage disk

2. How do i fix my storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i fix my storage: So i was transferring my videos over to my d drive and i deleted some also and the next day I only had 3 mb left and I was so confused so I looked through my folder and I didnt find anything I could've missed it but I'm not sure so i uninstalled stuff and it filled to max and...
  3. How do i fix my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my storage: So i was transferring my videos over to my d drive and i deleted some also and the next day I only had 3 mb left and I was so confused so I looked through my folder and I didnt find anything I could've missed it but I'm not sure so i uninstalled stuff and it filled to max and...
  4. How do i fix my storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I reallocate Disk Storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reallocate Disk Storage?: I installed Pop! OS on my Windows 11 machine a while ago, and after continuously not using the OS on the dualboot, I decided I wanted to delete it just because I felt like it was taking up unneccessary space. However, when I went ahead and deleted all the partitions and...
  6. How do I reallocate Disk Storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reallocate Disk Storage?: I installed Pop! OS on my Windows 11 machine a while ago, and after continuously not using the OS on the dualboot, I decided I wanted to delete it just because I felt like it was taking up unneccessary space. However, when I went ahead and deleted all the partitions and...
  7. how do i clear my storage up on my disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i clear my storage up on my disk: I need help clearing disk storage and moving it to other places https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-storage-up-on-my-disk/9bf2950a-3df8-4f37-80f8-c0b61e3c59cd
  8. how to clear my pc storage

how to clear my pc storage: the storage is full but i have not that much app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-my-pc-storage/c19f4d15-dace-4ea8-a0b6-1dfc60b204be
  9. System and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System and Reserve takes up 75 gb of storage on my C drive. How do I clear it up.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/oRamzi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gl93zi/system_and_reserve_takes_up_75_gb_of_storage_on/
  10. How do i clear my virtual memory

How do i clear my virtual memory: Hello, I am trying to clear some storage on my laptop so that I could update it. And I was just wondering if its possible to clear the virtual memory... Windows says I only need 2.28 more gigs of storage. [ATTACH] does anyone know how to clear the virtual memory on my...