Windows 10: How do i clear my virtual memory

Discus and support How do i clear my virtual memory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to clear some storage on my laptop so that I could update it. And I was just wondering if its possible to clear the virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MutantRabbit767, Mar 25, 2020.

1. How do i clear my virtual memory

Hello, I am trying to clear some storage on my laptop so that I could update it. And I was just wondering if its possible to clear the virtual memory... Windows says I only need 2.28 more gigs of storage. How do i clear my virtual memory 1c10a70c-b9ea-4ebc-9552-ffc16d88d55b?upload=true.png

does anyone know how to clear the virtual memory on my laptop, doing so would give me an extra 3.52 gigs

How do i clear my virtual memory 5aa33b9f-1774-415e-a0d8-9305ade54462?upload=true.png

thanks for your time an advance for anyone who try's to help me :

:)

MutantRabbit767, Mar 25, 2020

2. Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10

Hi,
    Nice one Shawn
    What's the listing above about is that to help with the new fake shut down features ?

How do i clear my virtual memory [​IMG]

ThrashZone, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do i clear my virtual memory

Re locate Virtual Memory

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps: for
    Re-locate the location of Virtual Memory.

• Press Windows +X, select System
    • Click on Advanced system settings,
    • On the Advanced tab, under
      Performance, click Settings.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then, under
      Virtual memory, click Change.
    • Clear the automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the
      Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click
      Set, and then click OK.

Additional information applies to 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-za/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

How do i clear my virtual memory

1. How do i clear my virtual memory - Similar Threads - clear virtual memory

2. Is it safe to clear Virtual memory on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to clear Virtual memory on shutdown?: My virtual memory is a bit high, I do have it set to let windows automatically handle it. people have been telling me enabling clearing Virtual memory on shut down is safe and in some cases recommended for security reasons. And many others told me it wasn't safe but that was...
  3. Is it safe to clear Virtual memory on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to clear Virtual memory on shutdown?: My virtual memory is a bit high, I do have it set to let windows automatically handle it. people have been telling me enabling clearing Virtual memory on shut down is safe and in some cases recommended for security reasons. And many others told me it wasn't safe but that was...
  4. Is it safe to clear Virtual memory on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to clear up virtual memory on windows11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear up virtual memory on windows11?: When I use CMD and type in the command fsutil behavior set encryptpagingfile 0it shows access denied. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-up-virtual-memory-on-windows11/d71e59ac-99e2-40ef-ae73-e60e0152eb3d
  6. How to clear up virtual memory on windows11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear up virtual memory on windows11?: When I use CMD and type in the command fsutil behavior set encryptpagingfile 0it shows access denied. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-up-virtual-memory-on-windows11/d71e59ac-99e2-40ef-ae73-e60e0152eb3d
  7. How to Clear this Memory

How to Clear this Memory: i just checked my storage memory allocations and i have no idea what or where or how can clear this memory since i really dont use emails or save emails on my hard drive.when i click it, its hows 47 gig then a button manage emails. then when i click the button, it opens yahoo...
  8. how do i change virtual memory

how do i change virtual memory: i need to know because im planning to delete page file .sys for... reasons dont ask just tell me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-virtual-memory/719f5cdd-33f5-4988-931c-7a67ebcf37c4
  9. How do I get programs to use virtual memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get programs to use virtual memory: I'm using Windows 10 home with 8GB of RAM, but it's clear that 8GB isn't enough for Windows. When no programs (besides task manager) are open, my PC is constantly using 30-40% of my ram which is ridiculous... I am constantly at a high RAM usage and I can barely have anything...
  10. Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10: How to: Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10 How to Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10 Virtual memory support uses a system pagefile to swap pages of memory to disk when they are not used. On a running system, this pagefile is...