Windows 10: How do i clear my virtual memory

Discus and support How do i clear my virtual memory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to clear some storage on my laptop so that I could update it. And I was just wondering if its possible to clear the virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MutantRabbit767, Mar 25, 2020.

1. How do i clear my virtual memory

Hello, I am trying to clear some storage on my laptop so that I could update it. And I was just wondering if its possible to clear the virtual memory... Windows says I only need 2.28 more gigs of storage. How do i clear my virtual memory 1c10a70c-b9ea-4ebc-9552-ffc16d88d55b?upload=true.png

does anyone know how to clear the virtual memory on my laptop, doing so would give me an extra 3.52 gigs

How do i clear my virtual memory 5aa33b9f-1774-415e-a0d8-9305ade54462?upload=true.png

thanks for your time an advance for anyone who try's to help me :

:)

MutantRabbit767, Mar 25, 2020

2. Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10

Hi,
    Nice one Shawn
    What's the listing above about is that to help with the new fake shut down features ?

How do i clear my virtual memory [​IMG]

ThrashZone, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do i clear my virtual memory

Re locate Virtual Memory

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps: for
    Re-locate the location of Virtual Memory.

• Press Windows +X, select System
    • Click on Advanced system settings,
    • On the Advanced tab, under
      Performance, click Settings.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then, under
      Virtual memory, click Change.
    • Clear the automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the
      Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click
      Set, and then click OK.

Additional information applies to 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-za/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

How do i clear my virtual memory

1. How do i clear my virtual memory - Similar Threads - clear virtual memory

2. Should I modify my Virtual Memory?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Should I modify my Virtual Memory?: Like the title says, should I do some changes to my virtual memory? The numbers seem rather low and I was wondering what should be the correct values. I have 8GB of RAM and I don't know what numbers to add to improve my performance in games. I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit,...
  3. Should I modify my Virtual Memory?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I modify my Virtual Memory?: Like the title says, should I do some changes to my virtual memory? The numbers seem rather low and I was wondering what should be the correct values. I have 8GB of RAM and I don't know what numbers to add to improve my performance in games. I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit,...
  4. how do i clear my micro sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i clear my micro sd card: clearing micro sd card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-micro-sd-card/0d37bdac-db4a-48ea-809a-ca228c9461d9
  5. Why is my committed memory so high? And how do I clear it without restarting my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my committed memory so high? And how do I clear it without restarting my PC?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lateant [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gon6i4/why_is_my_committed_memory_so_high_and_how_do_i/
  6. how do I mass clear space on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I mass clear space on my laptop?: hey everyone, i want to download gta but i need 80gb so i need to mass delete a bunch of things. how do i do it? submitted by /u/finessermesser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkcgs0/how_do_i_mass_clear_space_on_my_laptop/
  7. Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Memory: I am a wise idiot to these things and I rarely keep up with the current trends but I've started using a laptop again. I notice the machine is: running inconsistently slow - the 'hard drive access LED' is flashing ALOT - and is doing things when I'm not using the input...
  8. how do I clear cookies

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I clear cookies: How do I clear or remove cookies related to pop up ads from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-cookies/2eb5a9cc-7692-433a-9589-842984c26dca
  9. Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Memory: What is the advantage and disadvantage of using virtual machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-memory/2e730df6-0913-4ad6-b629-d84de6c8b414
  10. Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10: How to: Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10 How to Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10 Virtual memory support uses a system pagefile to swap pages of memory to disk when they are not used. On a running system, this pagefile is...