Windows 10: How do I clear the recently opened file in windows search box ?

Discus and support How do I clear the recently opened file in windows search box ? in Cortana to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have already tried the "clear device search history" in "permissions & history" but it still there... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by nam230687, Sep 26, 2020.

1. nam230687 Win User

How do I clear the recently opened file in windows search box ?

How do I clear the recently opened file in windows search box ? 95d2e3db-b17b-40eb-b1cb-fe9af5cdbff3?upload=true.png

I have already tried the "clear device search history" in "permissions & history" but it still there

:)

nam230687, Sep 26, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 26, 2020
  3. How to clear recent files list in search box result?

Hello, when I use the "Type here to search" in my task bar to find an app, it always shows a list of recent opened files. I want to learn how can I disable this feature or clear the list, cause there are some files I have deleted but they still appear in
    the list and I can not remove them.

How do I clear the recently opened file in windows search box ? 566ff6ab-596d-43ed-a8fa-67847c59d4d7?upload=true.jpg

AldrichTang, Sep 26, 2020
  4. How do I clear the recently opened file in windows search box ?

How to clear recent files list in search box result?

Hi Aldrich

I am an Independent advisor here to help. If you want to remove recent items

Open File Explorer, click the “File”, then click “Change folder and search options”

On the General tab of the Folder Options dialog, click the “Clear” button to clear the recent items history

TechGuy_82, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

How do I clear the recently opened file in windows search box ?

1. How do I clear the recently opened file in windows search box ? - Similar Threads - clear recently opened

2. How do I clear my file explorer search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear my file explorer search bar?: I'm trying to clear my search bar but I'm not sure what I'm doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-file-explorer-search-bar/0a8430c5-c865-43df-b32f-24fa1615e8d4
  3. How do I clear my file explorer search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I clear my file explorer search bar?: I'm trying to clear my search bar but I'm not sure what I'm doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-file-explorer-search-bar/0a8430c5-c865-43df-b32f-24fa1615e8d4
  4. How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11: https://i.imgur.com/zNLxJtF.pngI have such a huge list of recent files in my vlc and pot media player, I want to delete them all at once but it seems harder than I thought, I've tried deleting search history in Settings, and disabled the show recently used files in File...
  5. How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11: https://i.imgur.com/zNLxJtF.pngI have such a huge list of recent files in my vlc and pot media player, I want to delete them all at once but it seems harder than I thought, I've tried deleting search history in Settings, and disabled the show recently used files in File...
  6. How to disable recent files in search box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable recent files in search box: Further to Duavago's question and solution here where he found how to disable the app history within the search box, I have discovered this only works for Pro versions since gpedit.msc is completely absent in Home versions. I did a bit of digging and found a solution as...
  7. How to clear recent list in windows search result of Photos?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to clear recent list in windows search result of Photos?: when I search for Photos app then list of recent file pops up...…. How to clear it I have not enough time to delete one by one...
  8. How do I clear the Search History in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I clear the Search History in File Explorer?: How do I clear the Search "history" in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-the-search-history-in-file-explorer/b4ff9c91-f943-4683-b936-df61dab5ecb4"
  9. How to clear recent files list in search box result?

in Cortana
    How to clear recent files list in search box result?: Hello, when I use the "Type here to search" in my task bar to find an app, it always shows a list of recent opened files. I want to learn how can I disable this feature or clear the list, cause there are some files I have deleted but they still appear in the list and I can...
  10. How do I clear Recent Files hyperlink list in Word 2016?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I clear Recent Files hyperlink list in Word 2016?: If you do Ctrl+K in Microsoft Word 2016 you get an Insert Hyperlink dialog box. There are 3 tabs to get sources for hyperlinks. These are Current Folder, Browsed Pages, and Recent Files. Current Folder shows the files in the current folder. Browsed Pages shows the...