Windows 10: how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document?

Discus and support how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to delete the "save as" locations options that show when I select File in a Word document.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevenKelly, Aug 19, 2018.

1. how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document?

I want to delete the "save as" locations options that show when I select File in a Word document.

:)

KevenKelly, Aug 19, 2018

2. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 19, 2018
  3. WHS
    whs Win User
    word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document? [​IMG]

4. how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document?

How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document?

1. how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document? - Similar Threads - clear save location

2. Opening documents saved in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening documents saved in Word: Hello I have many documents created in Open Office but saved as Word docs so they can be sent to others in a readable form. Suddenly they no can no longer be opened and any attempt to do so brings up a window stating that 'You are trying to use Office but you don't have...
  3. Saving a Word document into a PDF file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saving a Word document into a PDF file: I am getting the following error when saving to a PDF file in Word. I can open any PDF file I have, but I can't save one. I don't know where to go to solve this. I have reinstalled Adobe and Word....
  4. Word document not auto saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...
  5. Saving a word document as PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving a word document as PDF: Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how to get it into my drop...
  6. how do i send a word document by email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i send a word document by email: how do I send a " word " document by email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-send-a-word-document-by-email/04aaede8-1e4d-4317-a80b-6153d895f8fa
  7. word documents saved as wordpad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...
  8. How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word 2013?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word 2013?: Hello, I want to save the View settings for a certain document to show the two pages side by side. Check out the attached picture. I press View > Multiple Pages to have them sit side to side and save the document. (Notice how the zoom setting in the bottom right corner...
  9. How do I clear Recent Files hyperlink list in Word 2016?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I clear Recent Files hyperlink list in Word 2016?: If you do Ctrl+K in Microsoft Word 2016 you get an Insert Hyperlink dialog box. There are 3 tabs to get sources for hyperlinks. These are Current Folder, Browsed Pages, and Recent Files. Current Folder shows the files in the current folder. Browsed Pages shows the...
  10. how do i change the location of 'documents'?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i change the location of 'documents'?: Recently I've reset my laptop so i could use it for my education. However, since the reset the 'my documents' (and Pictures) user-folder at 'my PC' has been changed to the onedrive equivalent. I've tried turning off onedrive by changing my group policy, but it turned out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clear save as location