Windows 10: how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document?

Discus and support how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to delete the "save as" locations options that show when I select File in a Word document.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevenKelly, Aug 19, 2018.

1. how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document?

I want to delete the "save as" locations options that show when I select File in a Word document.

:)

KevenKelly, Aug 19, 2018

2. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 19, 2018
  3. WHS
    whs Win User
    word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document? [​IMG]

4. how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document?

How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document?

1. how do I clear the "save as" location selections under File in a Word document? - Similar Threads - clear save location

2. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?: How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?I am unable to change the location for the Documents folder under This PC. It is the only folder in which the Properties menu does not give me the Location tab. Currently it is only allowing me to connect it...
  3. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?: How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?I am unable to change the location for the Documents folder under This PC. It is the only folder in which the Properties menu does not give me the Location tab. Currently it is only allowing me to connect it...
  4. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. i was using grammarly and saved a word document. somhow it was saved in an HTML file. how...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i was using grammarly and saved a word document. somhow it was saved in an HTML file. how...: I was using grammarly and saved my document in word. somehow it was saved in an HTML file, how do i retrieve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-using-grammarly-and-saved-a-word-document/722145dc-aabe-4fc7-acbd-8c4f1b30f0d8
  6. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  7. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  8. How do I force only one location for saving documents?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I force only one location for saving documents?: I want to save my documents to the W10 Library location "This PC/Documents" but frequently a saved document goes to a subfolder "Documents" under my username. How do I force the default location to to always be the main "Documents" location? See the attached image. 169432
  9. Saving Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word Documents: How can I save a word document as a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-word-documents/93d7a253-ae4d-4ac4-90f1-3923058007b6"
  10. Saving a Word document into a PDF file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saving a Word document into a PDF file: I am getting the following error when saving to a PDF file in Word. I can open any PDF file I have, but I can't save one. I don't know where to go to solve this. I have reinstalled Adobe and Word....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clear save as location