Windows 10: How do I clear win 10 compatability check results

Discus and support How do I clear win 10 compatability check results in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I checked the compatibility of my system and the video card failed and it is not supported in win 10. I bought a compatible card and installed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JlJ, Aug 6, 2015.

1. JLJ
    JlJ Win User

How do I clear win 10 compatability check results

I checked the compatibility of my system and the video card failed and it is not supported in win 10. I bought a compatible card and installed the drivers. Now when I try to upgrade to win 10 it will not run the compatibility test again and still shows the old video card as being installed. How can i clear the old test results ?

:)

2. Lynda G Win User

Serious issue with KB4058043 - PC inoperable after installing update

Although I appreciate that Microsoft is diligently working on improving their compatibility checker, I still need to know
    how I can check compatibility before installing a Win 10 update?
    I have disabled the automatic update feature by disabling it in services.msc. However, I would like to download and install safe Win 10 updates. Therefore, I need to know how to check them for compatibility before installing as I DO NOT want to repeat the
    previous mistake of installing an incompatible update resulting in another complete PC failure and the ensuing laborious restore process again. Thank you for your response.

Lynda G, Aug 6, 2015
  3. KnutEide Win User
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - retry after change of graphics hardware

Have PC running Win 7. Tried to upgrade to Win 10. Compatibility test found Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS in my computer, and concluded Win 10 could not be installed on computer. Used to have Nvidi GeForce 9600 GT in this computer, so I changed back. When I
    retry install, compatibility-check still claims i got the 7600 installed. 9600 seems to have what it takes - DirectX 11 and WDDM 1.1. Can someone tell me how it is possible to blank out the old test-result and start afresh?

KnutEide, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

How do I clear win 10 compatability check results

1. How do I clear win 10 compatability check results - Similar Threads - clear compatability check

2. How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?: Win 10 has stopped working with Overdrive. Overdrive tells me it's a compatibility issue with Windows Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-a-win-10-overdrive-compatibility/89c98b73-eb8f-4283-9cbf-8c787800fbb3
  3. How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?: Win 10 has stopped working with Overdrive. Overdrive tells me it's a compatibility issue with Windows Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-a-win-10-overdrive-compatibility/89c98b73-eb8f-4283-9cbf-8c787800fbb3
  4. How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I clear the history?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear the history?: The way I've always done it, I don't seem to get a message stating that I have actually told the computer to do anything. Links to where I have gone still appear purple. I don't want to clear too much, because I might have to sign in to web sites again....
  6. How do I clear the cache of previous compatibility mode settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear the cache of previous compatibility mode settings?: I was trying to fix an issue with a game, and attempted to run it in compatibility mode as one possible solution.Running it in compatibility mode caused the game to resize Windows display resolution and made the entire desktop as well as the game unusable until I hit Alt+F4...
  7. How do I clear the cache of previous compatibility mode settings?

How do I clear the cache of previous compatibility mode settings?: I was trying to fix an issue with a game, and attempted to run it in compatibility mode as one possible solution.Running it in compatibility mode caused the game to resize Windows display resolution and made the entire desktop as well as the game unusable until I hit Alt+F4...
  8. How do I check my system for windows 11 compatability?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I check my system for windows 11 compatability?: I want to upgrade to windows 11, but computer states that it is not compatible. I don't understand how to find UEFI boot mode. I have dell inspiron 3475 with windows 10. Can anyone help?...
  9. How do I check my system for windows 11 compatability?

How do I check my system for windows 11 compatability?: I want to upgrade to windows 11, but computer states that it is not compatible. I don't understand how to find UEFI boot mode. I have dell inspiron 3475 with windows 10. Can anyone help?...
  10. How do I know if drivers for my laptop are compatible with Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I know if drivers for my laptop are compatible with Win 10?: I'm using a Samsung NP370R5E-A06UK (http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP370R5E-A06UK) and currently running Win 7 on it. I want to upgrade to Win 10, but I don't know if all the device drivers will be compatible with it. I really would not want to spend 4 hours of time...