Windows 10: How do I clone a Windows 10 Mirrored & Striped Storage Pool 4 x HDD's Mirrored 2x2 then...

Discus and support How do I clone a Windows 10 Mirrored & Striped Storage Pool 4 x HDD's Mirrored 2x2 then... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I clone a Windows 10 Storage Group?I wish to clone my D:/ pooled drives onto my 18TB Z:/, but cannot. I have created a storage group using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristopherGregory1, Jul 25, 2021.

1. How do I clone a Windows 10 Mirrored & Striped Storage Pool 4 x HDD's Mirrored 2x2 then...

How do I clone a Windows 10 Storage Group?I wish to clone my D:/ pooled drives onto my 18TB Z:/, but cannot. I have created a storage group using Windows 10 and 4 x 10TB HDD’s, formatted as: Dynamic, NTFS, with 16KB sectors/clusters, then used them to create two mirrors. Next, I striped the two mirrors. Windows Explorer shows the resulting as a Volume that I have labeled my D:/. I have copied all my Data files over and these now populate the drive pool.If I had done this as a RAID it would be a RAID 10. The pool has behaved in a similar manner to RAID 10, and

:)

ChristopherGregory1, Jul 25, 2021

2. Dual Booting with a Mirrored Storage Pool

I'm planning my new PC build and it will be a dual boot configuration with 2 SSDs as my OS drives. One will have Windows 10, and the other will have Windows 7. I also plan to use three 2TB hard drives for bulk storage. I want to pool the hard drives in Storage Spaces using Windows 10. The drives will be set up in a mirrored configuration. Can Windows 7 detect the mirrored drive pool? Thank you.

FloridaFan88, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Win10 Storage Spaces - Mirrored Pool Doesn't Release Space

Using Storage Spaces for a simple Mirrored Pool with (2) 4TB HDD's for a backup drive.

Setup was simple and easy with Storage Spaces reporting a formatted 3.75TB Mirrored Volume.

After test writing some system images and doing some disk speeds tests, Storage Spaces says drives are over 80% full with a warning, but there isn't any kept data on there.

Under Computer Management, the Volume says only 15% used.

So it's like deleted files (also deleted from recycle bin) don't get reported as free space back to the Storage Space Console.

I have also created a SIMPLE storage space with (2) SSD's, but deleted files and space seems to be reclaimed there.

I have enabled Disk Optimizer to run once a week but it doesn't help to reclaim the space on the MIRRORED volume of HDD's.

Trevor Paul, Jul 25, 2021
  4. zeus68 Win User

How do I clone a Windows 10 Mirrored & Striped Storage Pool 4 x HDD's Mirrored 2x2 then...

Two way mirror storage space with 4 drives - correct setup Windows 10

I have already setup one pool with 4 drives ( 2 x 3tb and 2 x 500gb) and using them as one storage space (one drive letter) with two way mirror. Everything works fine but if I disconnect both the 500gb drive and the 3tb drive then the virtual drive doesnt work. which means I have one drive fault tollerance when I should have two (one of the 3tb drives and one of the 500gb drives. I think I have setup the pool wrong. So please confirm...

If I setup two sepperate pools (one with 2 equal drives, pool 1 with two way mirror 2x3tb drives and pool 2 with two way mirror) and two different drive letters then in theory I loos one drive from each pool then all is ok??? Will the same scenario work if I leave all 4 drives in the same pool but create different virtual disks (drive E and F, the E with pair of 3tb and the F with pair of 500gb) will have the same result? I am runing latest win 10 pro

zeus68, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

How do I clone a Windows 10 Mirrored & Striped Storage Pool 4 x HDD's Mirrored 2x2 then...

1. How do I clone a Windows 10 Mirrored & Striped Storage Pool 4 x HDD's Mirrored 2x2 then... - Similar Threads - clone Mirrored Striped

2. Storage Space Mirror

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Space Mirror: I have a two way mirror with two external harddrives and I'm wondering how to recover the files if one of them crashes. I've tried to plug one of the drives into another computer and it won't recognize it. How will I get my files if one of them fails?...
  3. Storage Space Mirror

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Space Mirror: I have a two way mirror with two external harddrives and I'm wondering how to recover the files if one of them crashes. I've tried to plug one of the drives into another computer and it won't recognize it. How will I get my files if one of them fails?...
  4. Storage Spaces and mirroring

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces and mirroring: If I have a drive that already has data on it, is it possible to setup a new Storage space and mirror that drive to it?For example; I have drive D:\ which has data on it. I want to add another drive for D to mirror to. Both drives are the same size, is this possible or will...
  5. Storage Spaces and mirroring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces and mirroring: If I have a drive that already has data on it, is it possible to setup a new Storage space and mirror that drive to it?For example; I have drive D:\ which has data on it. I want to add another drive for D to mirror to. Both drives are the same size, is this possible or will...
  6. Storage Spaces and mirroring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mirroring a striped volume with another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirroring a striped volume with another drive: Hello everyone. I have 3 drives: two 1TB drives and one 2TB drive. I currently have a striped volume setup for the two 1TB drives. I am wondering: is there a way to mirror the striped volume with my 2TB drive? I am realizing that this is likely not possible with Windows Disk...
  8. Win10 Storage Spaces - Mirrored Pool Doesn't Release Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Storage Spaces - Mirrored Pool Doesn't Release Space: Using Storage Spaces for a simple Mirrored Pool with (2) 4TB HDD's for a backup drive. Setup was simple and easy with Storage Spaces reporting a formatted 3.75TB Mirrored Volume. After test writing some system images and doing some disk speeds tests, Storage Spaces says...
  9. Win10 Storage Spaces - Mirrored Pool Doesn't Release Space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Storage Spaces - Mirrored Pool Doesn't Release Space: Using Storage Spaces for a simple Mirrored Pool with 2 4TB HDD's for a backup drive. Setup was simple and easy with Storage Spaces reporting a formatted 3.75TB Mirrored Volume. After test writing some system images and doing some disk speeds tests, Storage Spaces says...
  10. Dual Booting with a Mirrored Storage Pool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Booting with a Mirrored Storage Pool: I'm planning my new PC build and it will be a dual boot configuration with 2 SSDs as my OS drives. One will have Windows 10, and the other will have Windows 7. I also plan to use three 2TB hard drives for bulk storage. I want to pool the hard drives in Storage Spaces using...