Windows 10: How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

Discus and support How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tony Goss1, Dec 3, 2022.

1. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for school. So everything on that user profile is now all his settings. Now that I am needing to start using the PC, I don’t want to have to change or wipe out his settings, but find a way to transfer his settings on my account to his Microsoft account. I have a 365 subscription which includes his account. My question is how do I transfer, clone, migrate HIS user profile to another profile on the SAME PC so that the current settings are all there on

:)

Tony Goss1, Dec 3, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

How to Transfer User Profile to Another User

Hi, see

How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc? [​IMG]

(The screenshot is Win 10).

Suggest e.g.
    a. create new empty profile with parameters as needed
    b. copy profile to it
    c. log in and test new profile making sure you have access to all programs, desktop, files....
    d. delete original profile

Recommend: back up before making changes.
    We strongly recommend disk imaging: Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage.

From what I've read and see, you can't copy the profile you're currently using.

dalchina, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Transfering user profiles.

How do I transfer my files from my admin profile to a new user profile?

losersince67, Dec 3, 2022
  4. v444 Win User

How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

v444, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

1. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc? - Similar Threads - clone transfer user

2. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?: When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for school. So everything on that user profile is now all his settings. Now that I am needing to start using the PC, I don’t want...
  3. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?: When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for school. So everything on that user profile is now all his settings. Now that I am needing to start using the PC, I don’t want...
  4. New User Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  5. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  6. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to transfer user profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer user profile: Greetings, I'm in the process of transferring from my previous computer to the new one. An old Windows 10 to a new one. I would like to know how to transfer my profile, preferences (my settings, my default programs, etc) and my games on the store. Is there any way to do so...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop - How do I copy an existing user profile to a new user profile and remove...

Windows 10 Laptop - How do I copy an existing user profile to a new user profile and remove...: My oldest son would like to give my youngest son his Windows 10 laptop, but he doesn't want the younger son to use his user profile. Because the current user profile has all the software, links, etc. that the younger one needs, I would like to make a duplicate user profile...
  9. Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile

Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile: My oldest son would like to give my youngest son his Windows 10 laptop, but he doesn't want the younger son to use his user profile. Because the current user profile has all the software, links, etc. that the younger one needs, I would like to make a duplicate user profile...
  10. How to Transfer User Profile to Another User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Transfer User Profile to Another User: Is there a way to create a new users account on the same PC such that it will have access to the same program and document files as an existing users account? Local Users Administrator, DISABLED, Member of Administrators DefaultAccount , DISABLED, Member of Users Guest,...