Windows 10: How do I close a second microsoft account with the same email address?

Discus and support How do I close a second microsoft account with the same email address? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I have mistakenly created two Microsoft accounts with one email log in. This means that I am unable to close the first one because when I try to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by KT2005, Jun 19, 2019.

1. KT2005 Win User

How do I close a second microsoft account with the same email address?

Hi,

I have mistakenly created two Microsoft accounts with one email log in. This means that I am unable to close the first one because when I try to log in it keeps coming up with the second account and not the first. I can't recall the password for the first account either. I contacted Microsoft and was advised that I had to close the account myself, unfortunately this is not possible as I cannot get in to it. Any ideas please?

:)

KT2005, Jun 19, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

change email address for Microsoft account

Hi Keith,

To better understand the concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Are you trying to change the email address while retaining the information you have on the Microsoft account?
    • On which Microsoft platform are you trying to change your email address (Xbox account, Outlook account, Community Forum)?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I close a second microsoft account with the same email address? - Similar Threads - close second microsoft

2. How do I change email address on Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change email address on Microsoft account: I've gone in on my MS Account and tried to replace old email account with updated account? It will not allow me to make the change. It states that the email already exist, I know, because it's mine?? It will not allow me to put the email I want to correspond to my account....
  3. How do I change email address on Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change email address on Microsoft account: I've gone in on my MS Account and tried to replace old email account with updated account? It will not allow me to make the change. It states that the email already exist, I know, because it's mine?? It will not allow me to put the email I want to correspond to my account....
  4. 2 Accounts same email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2 Accounts same email address: About 4 days ago I lost an SSD hard drive for my laptop, the only security I had was the basic windows hello pin, the hard drive was not encrypted.I'm aware someone could read the contents of the hard drive by using different methods such as Linux, or booting the hard drive...
  5. 2 Accounts same email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Accounts same email address: About 4 days ago I lost an SSD hard drive for my laptop, the only security I had was the basic windows hello pin, the hard drive was not encrypted.I'm aware someone could read the contents of the hard drive by using different methods such as Linux, or booting the hard drive...
  6. How do I close a second account using the same email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I close a second account using the same email?: I have two accounts under the same email - one personal, one accidentally created "work". How do I close / delete the work account?THanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-close-a-second-account-using-the-same/44463698-666f-4dd5-8190-cd7c774c040e
  7. How do I close a second account using the same email?

How do I close a second account using the same email?: I have two accounts under the same email - one personal, one accidentally created "work". How do I close / delete the work account?THanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-close-a-second-account-using-the-same/44463698-666f-4dd5-8190-cd7c774c040e
  8. Can I close a "Microsoft account" that uses the same email address as a "Microsoft Work or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I close a "Microsoft account" that uses the same email address as a "Microsoft Work or...: For reasons too long to explain and remember, I've ended up with a "Microsoft account" that uses the same email address as a "Microsoft Work or School" account.By "Microsoft account", I mean an account related to Microsoft consumer services, such as Microsoft 365 Personal or...
  9. Can I close a "Microsoft account" that uses the same email address as a "Microsoft Work or...

Can I close a "Microsoft account" that uses the same email address as a "Microsoft Work or...: For reasons too long to explain and remember, I've ended up with a "Microsoft account" that uses the same email address as a "Microsoft Work or School" account.By "Microsoft account", I mean an account related to Microsoft consumer services, such as Microsoft 365 Personal or...
  10. 2 Microsoft Accounts For The Same Email Address

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Microsoft Accounts For The Same Email Address: Hi all, Years ago, I made a Microsoft account with my custom-domain email address. I now have that email hosted with Office 365, and try to use that as my MS account with everything. Is there any risk in deleting the first Microsoft account to stop some things trying to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. close second microsoft account