Windows 10: How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to...

Discus and support How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yvng_savage [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yvng_savage, Apr 27, 2020.

1. How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to...

/u/yvng_savage, Apr 27, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 23, 2020
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Move Win7 64 image from a partition NTFS to a new drive

EDIT: After reading your first post again, is there any reason that you would now need GPT? Are you just trying to move the windows install to a new disk or is there a new motherboard involved?

If you are already booting to an NTFS partition, then it makes me wonder if after copying to the new drive, the partition isn't getting marked as Active.

Following the same steps I posted above for startup repair, you can get to a command prompt and use diskpart to see if this is the case.

Code: In the command prompt: diskpart list disk select disk 0 (disk number may be different if you have other disks connected.) list partition select partition 0 (partition number number may vary, but you want to see the boot partition which is the same as your windows partition according to the screenshot on the OP) detail partition (This should have Active: Yes or No. If it says no, since we have the partition selected, you can just use the following command in diskpart) active[/quote]

FX-GMC, May 23, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to...

FREE TODAY ONLY-(Amazing Partition Manager Professional 5.1.1.8)CLONE,PARTITION CREATION & MANAGMENT

• How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... resize_partition.png

One-click Extend Partition Wizard
      Extend/shrink partition or resize move dynamic volume.

• How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... merge_spilt_partition.png

Partition Hard Disk
      Merge partitions into a bigger one without data loss, or split partition into two.

• How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... powerful_disk_conversion.png

Disk/Partition Conversions
      Convert primary to logical partition, convert disk type between MBR and GPT.

• How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... partition_disk%20_copy.png

Partition/Disk Copy Wizard
      Copy disk to upgrade or replace hard drive without reinstalling Windows and applications.

• How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... fix_partition_system.png

Fix Partition/System
      Recover the deleted partition and Rebuilt MBR could help you fix the MBR problem.

• How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... format_delete_partition.png

Format/Delete Partition
      Format existing partition to use as a new drive, delete single or several partitions if you don't want to keep them.
    Additional Key Features

• How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... partition_management.png

Partition Management
      Resize/move/copy/merge/create/delete/wipe/check/hide/explore partitions for Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.

• How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... icon_thumbup.png

Powerful Partition Manager
      Support Windows Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows10 (all editions, 32 bit and 64 bit).

• How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... edit_partition_info.png

Change Partition Label
      Adding or changing a partition label is the most effective way to realize better recognition of partitions.

• How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... set_active_partition.png

Set Active Partition
      Active Partition refers to a primary partition which contains boot files of the operating system.

NORMALLY $29.99 TODAY IT IS FREE FOR THE NEXT 20 HOURS!!!

All-in-one disk partition management tool. FREE with GOTD!

DRDNA, May 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to...

1. How do I combine Disk Partitions (I sent an image focusing on the two partitions I want to... - Similar Threads - combine Disk Partitions

2. How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?: On occasion I have tried to copy files to a MSFT standard folder but get an error there is not space.This is due to the folder is located in a partition, with other folders, that is to small to hold all the data.I have to copy the files to a "data" folder.So I would like to...
  3. How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?: On occasion I have tried to copy files to a MSFT standard folder but get an error there is not space.This is due to the folder is located in a partition, with other folders, that is to small to hold all the data.I have to copy the files to a "data" folder.So I would like to...
  4. How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle?

is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle?: Hi. My primary hard drive is partitioned into two and it has a small healthy partition in the middle. I want to combine both of the partitions together by extending the first partition. However the extension option in the disk management is greyed out. How do I go about...
  6. How to combine two partitions that are not contiguous?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to combine two partitions that are not contiguous?: Hi everyone. I previously had Ubuntu set up to dual boot with Windows 10 on 100 GB. I wanted to increase the size to 170 GB and reinstall Ubuntu, so I deleted the Ubuntu partition, and shrunk my C drive by 70 GB. However, there is now a recovery drive between my two...
  7. Question re combining two partitions into one partition on SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question re combining two partitions into one partition on SSD: I have replaced a 256GB SSD M2 C Drive on my laptop with a larger 500GB SSD M2. Below is an image of the new 500 GB C drive which I have just restored from a macrium image. I want to have the maximum space I can get out of the drive Is the recovery partition needed if I have...
  8. Combine partitions

Combine partitions: Can someone tell me how I am going to be able to put the unallocated space into my C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combine-partitions/7e0c861b-8296-4566-a83a-68e7400ca4de"
  9. How do i combine two disks??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i combine two disks??: So i got an external hard drive, and it came with its own drive on the partition thingy. So i want to combine the two disks so i can use the storage, but i cant do it! HELP!!!!!...
  10. Image of two partitions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image of two partitions: I've a SSD with windows 10,other SATA HD with programs. Is it possible to create an single image of both systems for future restoring purposes? Thanks 52679