Windows 10: How do I combine Firefox into one icon on the Taskbar?

Discus and support How do I combine Firefox into one icon on the Taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All icons are combined on the Taskbar --- except Firefox => there are two icons when it is running. How do I combine them into one icon?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ClydeEisenbeis, Nov 27, 2019.

1. How do I combine Firefox into one icon on the Taskbar?

All icons are combined on the Taskbar --- except Firefox => there are two icons when it is running. How do I combine them into one icon?

:)

ClydeEisenbeis, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Pinning Firefox to Taskbar causes second icon on tasbar to appear

Hi,

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing regarding this issue and also for the delay in getting back to you. Do not worry. Let me help you in fixing this issue.

Did you try reinstalling the Firefox program? If not, I suggest that you do the same and check if it helps.

Combining the taskbar buttons should fix this issue. Refer to the following steps to do the same:

• Right click on Taskbar and select
      Properties.
    • Select Always combine, Hide labels
      in Taskbar buttons.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Sharath Srinivasa, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Mike_11_ Win User

How do I combine Firefox into one icon on the Taskbar?

Pinning Firefox to Taskbar causes second icon on tasbar to appear

This is not the solution to this particular problem. The same thing is happening with Skype. As you can see I only have one Skype window open, taskbar properties are set to combine buttons, yet there are two Skype icons.

http://i.imgur.com/GEie0A5.png

This was a problem in Windows 7 but it could be solved by unpinning the old icon and pinning the new one. This does not work in Windows 10 so it is likely a different problem.

Mike_11_, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I combine Firefox into one icon on the Taskbar?

1. How do I combine Firefox into one icon on the Taskbar? - Similar Threads - combine Firefox icon

2. How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?: I do not want to combine the icons on the taskbar but at the same time I need to hide the labels as they take up too much space. This was an available option in Windows 10 but for some reason, it seems like Windows 11 has taken a step backwards by removing options such as...
  3. How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I not combine the taskbar buttons but not display the labels?: I do not want to combine the icons on the taskbar but at the same time I need to hide the labels as they take up too much space. This was an available option in Windows 10 but for some reason, it seems like Windows 11 has taken a step backwards by removing options such as...
  4. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combinedAfter a recent win update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. Now I have 20 plus icons on the tool bar. I have tried previous advice I found to combine the icons on...
  5. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combinedAfter a recent win update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. Now I have 20 plus icons on the tool bar. I have tried previous advice I found to combine the icons on...
  6. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Firefox icon from the taskbar, what to do?

Firefox icon from the taskbar, what to do?: Hello for now, When I started my PC today, I noticed that the icon of the Firefox browser is missing. (Here simply a "white page" is shown) I have already tried to delete the iconcache using a batch script, but without success. It would be great if someone here could...
  8. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: After win 10 update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. ***Title Modified Original: sticky notes***...
  9. Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working

Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working: I'm using 2 monitors, I have 2 task bars, I have it set so programs on the left monitor have a task bar with only those icons. The same for the right monitor.... I have it set to NOT group icons but win groups them anyway. settings are done correctly, registry shows '2'...
  10. How do I combine two users into one admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I combine two users into one admin: I downloaded windows 10 on my husband's desktop computer. He is the one user. Somehow his stuff is separated into two users - me being the other user. It may be a problem with our google/gmail accounts that messed things up, but I didn't do anything to indicate their would be...