Windows 10: How do I commit more memory? It says only .8/2.5 committed.

Discus and support How do I commit more memory? It says only .8/2.5 committed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sirjackallot_25 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sirjackallot_25, May 31, 2020.

1. How do I commit more memory? It says only .8/2.5 committed.

/u/Sirjackallot_25, May 31, 2020
  2. RoyDuggan Win User

Windows Commit memory leaks away at about 8GB/Hour

System is 32GBRam, from reboot I show commit memory of approx 6GB commted over the following 30 mins this ramps up to say 13.3/65.8 Gb

after a number of hours and the end of the days the system becomes unstable as commit memory hits maximum, and I have to reboot

I have ensured all updates are applied and monitored commit memory by process (in resource monitor) this shows no change in committed memory by process so the no suspect process is in the list.

What steps of diagnosis would anyone recommend....

RoyDuggan, May 31, 2020
  3. martixy Win User
    How does memory/commit charge work in Windows 10?

This question is prompted by the following regularly observed phenomena I'd like to find an explanation for:

1. Current commit is regularly higher than Physical usage + Pagefile size. What's up with that? Shouldn't that be impossible? [This it seems might be because of compression. Which transforms the question to: Why doesn't commit limit then go up or something? I.e. what's the point of compression if it doesn't help with memory usage?]
    2. Sometimes this reaches extreme levels where Current commit is more than double physical memory usage!
    3. When commit charge fills up and windows starts asking me to close things, most of the time physical memory is at around 60%. This seems horribly inefficient.

This is on windows 10, as reported by Process Explorer.

The ultimate question I'd like to answer, is: Can I forego artificially inflating my page file to levels my starved-for-space SSD is ill-equipped to handle just so I can actually effectively utilize my physical memory? (Or even if it wasn't as full. That is, I'd like to avoid suggestions like "Do X/Y/Z to your page file".)

martixy, May 31, 2020
  4. iMarbot Win User

How do I commit more memory? It says only .8/2.5 committed.

Committed Memory full but RAM has empty space?

Surely if the total committed memory is 16GB with no paging file and I have 16GB RAM, then all the committed memory is RAM? And that memory works the same on all machines running Windows? I don't understand how the committed memory can be full but RAM is not.
    I will the performance toolkit next time I try run the game, but I'm not sure when to run it, while the game is loading and RAM usage is increasing or at a different time?

iMarbot, May 31, 2020
Thema:

How do I commit more memory? It says only .8/2.5 committed.

1. How do I commit more memory? It says only .8/2.5 committed. - Similar Threads - commit more memory

2. Committed Memory full but RAM has empty space?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Committed Memory full but RAM has empty space?: Can someone check what's wrong. I installed 8gb more, and it's still not enough. I don't want to destroy my ssd and want to disable page file. I recordered info by Windows performance recorder and opened a few tabs in chrome. Can someone check this info and tell me what's...
  3. Excessive Commited Memory caused huge Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive Commited Memory caused huge Lag: I was browsing the web normally when I suddenly gained a huge lag, after some struggling to get into task manager because of the lag I was able to see that the committed memory was automatically ramped up to 30.1Gb and 28.7GB was being used out of it; please note I only have...
  4. Excessive Commited Memory caused huge Lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive Commited Memory caused huge Lag: I was browsing the web normally when I suddenly gained a huge lag, after some struggling to get into task manager because of the lag I was able to see that the committed memory was automatically ramped up to 30.1Gb and 28.7GB was being used out of it; please note I only have...
  5. Excessive Commited Memory caused huge Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Committing Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Committing Windows Updates: Hi, I am having some issues with users not committing their Windows Updates in a timely fashion. I tried looking into myself but was not finding anything on best practices for committing Windows Updates ie. how long is it recommend to wait to commit the updates after...
  7. What is Committed memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Committed memory: [ATTACH] Greetings All, I wanted to know what this committed memory means and why is it more than my ram https://preview.redd.it/caxm92wgqpf51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=aa54909da930cf920e8edff1248e143c85b9cc9c submitted by /u/rayanshchauhan [link]...
  8. Where does Committed Memory working from?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where does Committed Memory working from?: Hello everyone, sorry for if there is any forum already exist (which i have n't found yet). Windows 10 brick since it release. I am added two screen shots and i can't comprehend yet how windows 10 memory work. In some forum, It claimed that "The whole point of virtual...
  9. RAM 'Commit' issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM 'Commit' issue?: Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be...
  10. RAM 'Commit' issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM 'Commit' issue?: Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be...