Windows 10: How do I compare 2 Excel 2000 spreadsheets on same screen?

Discus and support How do I compare 2 Excel 2000 spreadsheets on same screen? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; In previous windows versions I could resize two spreadsheet windows and drag them side-by-side. With Win 10 if I click on a second spreadsheet it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by lbeck, Nov 7, 2015.

1. lbeck Win User

How do I compare 2 Excel 2000 spreadsheets on same screen?

In previous windows versions I could resize two spreadsheet windows and drag them side-by-side. With Win 10 if I click on a second spreadsheet it replaces the first.

How do I get two Excel 2000 spreadsheets side-by-side to compare two versions??

:)

lbeck, Nov 7, 2015
  2. El boyero Win User

Create worksheets on Excel Mobile 2010

I have downloaded and installed Excel Mobile 2010 in my HTC Touch Pro 2 phone, when I start it I get a screen showing my archives I guess for opening any Excel sheet but what I want is to know how to create an Excel spreadsheet from my phone, I don´t see
    any option to do that. Could somebody help me about that. How do I create an Excel spreadsheet in my phone??

El boyero, Nov 7, 2015
  3. ALT+TAB in Windows 10 when switching between 2 files of same program

Hi Eeshwar,

Ctrl + Tab only work (for me) within the same program, or in case of Excel within the same spreadsheet.

In a browser with several tabs, it takes me from 1st to 2nd to 3rd tab....

In Excel (even with 2 spreadsheets open) it only takes me from sheet1 to sheet2 to sheet3 but within same spreadsheet, it doesn't take me from one spreadsheet to the other.

As explained to Shawn before ALT + TAB does NOT toggle between multiple Windows of same program as you suggest. Should it? (only if doing it twice How do I compare 2 Excel 2000 spreadsheets on same screen? :) )

Thanks for helping out!

Cheers

Stig

StigKannegaard, Nov 7, 2015
  4. pbcopter Win User

Open the second spead sheet by holding down the Shift key while clicking on the Excel icon or Excel file you want to open.

pbcopter, Nov 7, 2015
  5. lbeck Win User
    Yes, that works....Kinda'

What I need to do is to close the second sheet, hold the Shift Key, and click the Excel icon in the task bar to open up a second blank sheet. Then I could open a second Excel file onto the second iteration of Excel.

Anyway, I'm now proceeding as wanted. Thanks for your help!

lbeck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I compare 2 Excel 2000 spreadsheets on same screen? - Similar Threads - compare Excel 2000

2. Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar: This is the second time that an update has occurred and I have lost my ability to show spreadsheets on my Excel taskbar. I cannot drag from File explorer and my Display is setup correct. Can you please tell me how I can get this feature back....
  3. Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar: This is the second time that an update has occurred and I have lost my ability to show spreadsheets on my Excel taskbar. I cannot drag from File explorer and my Display is setup correct. Can you please tell me how I can get this feature back....
  4. Excel 2013 spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2013 spreadsheets: I am having hick-ups in my spreadsheets, ie, copying, pasting, inserting, etc. How can this be resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2013-spreadsheets/40ceb777-1a23-4ff3-a8f4-f7f9ac5b6bb0
  5. Excel spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel spreadsheet: I can no longer copy my credit card statement into an Excel worksheet so that each charged item appears in a single horizontal cell like I used to be able to do. Instead, the entire list of charges appears in a single vertical row. What can I do?...
  6. Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets: Can someone help me to I presume clear formatting in cells. I'm entering a column of numbers in this case planting space guides for vegetables and every once in awhile a random cell will revert to a date. For example, if you look down the column you see 15-30, 40-50, Oct-15...
  7. HELP!!! How do I recover a deleted Excel spreadsheet?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP!!! How do I recover a deleted Excel spreadsheet?: Do we still have a file that holds deleted items until the computer is shut down? If not, how can I recover a deleted excel spreadsheet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-how-do-i-recover-a-deleted-excel-spreadsheet/74a05e2e-07bb-496f-81e7-19dd6f9c714e
  8. Excel Spreadsheet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Spreadsheet: A simple xlsm spreadsheet suddenly stopped loading. Clicking on the icon to load, and alternatively clicking on the file itself, the green EXCEL screen shows, It asks to update links, answer as previously is Dont update, then the screen remains blank and nothing happens....
  9. Excel spreadsheets open blank.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spreadsheets open blank.: Recently my Excel programs began to open with a blank Excel screen. I can go to Open in the blank sheet and open the spreadsheet from there. This happening on my Dell Latitude E5500 Laptop. This has been working fine for years. My PC is opening my Excel spreadsheets...
  10. Excel spreadsheet prints differently than what is on screen.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spreadsheet prints differently than what is on screen.: I keep my checkbook on an Excel spreadsheet. I have a balance column that I use formulas =sum(A1:A6) etc to keep a running balance. Everything looks fine on the spreadsheet. But when I ask for a print preview those cells it show the formula rather than the amounts. What...