Windows 10: how do I completely disable the home screen images .

Discus and support how do I completely disable the home screen images . in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How do I completely disable windows images on my home screen after the sleep function is enabled.Seems Microsoft is forcing people to see what they do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SS205, Feb 2, 2023.

1. SS205 Win User

how do I completely disable the home screen images .

How do I completely disable windows images on my home screen after the sleep function is enabled.Seems Microsoft is forcing people to see what they do not want to see

:)

SS205, Feb 2, 2023
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond how do I completely disable the home screen images . :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 2, 2023
  3. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

1. how do I completely disable the home screen images . - Similar Threads - completely disable home

2. How do I completely disable automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I completely disable automatic updates?: Hey, it's me again. No issues this time. This is more of an inquiry. How can I disable automatic updates for good? I have them paused right now because of that faulty security update, and I would like to permanently halt automatic updates. I don't trust them anymore and they...
  3. How do I completely disable automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I completely disable automatic updates?: Hey, it's me again. No issues this time. This is more of an inquiry. How can I disable automatic updates for good? I have them paused right now because of that faulty security update, and I would like to permanently halt automatic updates. I don't trust them anymore and they...
  4. How do i completely disable active hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i completely disable active hours?: I dont want it. At all. I am tired of randomly waking up between 3am and 6am to turn off my laptop which turns into a jet engine because of random updates i specifically clicked the "i dont want this" button for. I would close the lid, on battery btw, and expect it to go to...
  5. How do i completely disable active hours?

How do i completely disable active hours?: I dont want it. At all. I am tired of randomly waking up between 3am and 6am to turn off my laptop which turns into a jet engine because of random updates i specifically clicked the "i dont want this" button for. I would close the lid, on battery btw, and expect it to go to...
  6. how do I completely disable the home screen images .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I completely disable the home screen images .: How do I completely disable windows images on my home screen after the sleep function is enabled.Seems Microsoft is forcing people to see what they do not want to see...
  7. how do I completely disable the home screen images .

how do I completely disable the home screen images .: How do I completely disable windows images on my home screen after the sleep function is enabled.Seems Microsoft is forcing people to see what they do not want to see...
  8. How do i disable the function keys completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable the function keys completely: i want to disable function keys, i tried every combination of FN and nothing works, can i just disable function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys-completely/1aa408b7-2e5c-425a-bdce-3d8a8bfd6c13
  9. How do i disable the function keys completely

How do i disable the function keys completely: i want to disable function keys, i tried every combination of FN and nothing works, can i just disable function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys-completely/1aa408b7-2e5c-425a-bdce-3d8a8bfd6c13
  10. How do I completely disable adaptive hibernate?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I completely disable adaptive hibernate?: I have tried many things suggested in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook-surfperf/how-to-disable-adaptive-hibernation/f8ac61bd-1ea5-442e-8080-af9c2842f71f, but my surface pro X does not have the option that I am supposed to disable. How do I fully and...