Windows 10: How do I completely disable Windows Defender Antivirus?

Discus and support How do I completely disable Windows Defender Antivirus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/thatnerd69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb4ckl/how_do_i_completely_disable_windows_defender/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thatnerd69, Apr 30, 2020.

1. How do I completely disable Windows Defender Antivirus?

/u/thatnerd69, Apr 30, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

OK. I am not sure if you can complete the steps below.......................
    In the search box, type services.msc > Enter
    Items in the Services box are listed alphabetically.
    Scroll down to Windows Defender Service...........................
    at Status heading, it should be.................................... Running
    at Startup type, it should be......................................... Automatic

How do I completely disable Windows Defender Antivirus? [​IMG]

If that is not what yours said, right click at Windows Defender Service > click Properties >
    can you change the Startup type to Automatic and Service status to Start ?
    If yes, do so and click OK when done.

davidhk, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Windows Defender disables itself

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on Windows defender.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to inform you that if you have other antivirus on your computer, so Windows defender automatically

disable itself.

If you don’t have any other antivirus on computer then I would suggest you to check the services for Windows defender:

Steps:

• Close all application and program and reboot the computer.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type services.msc and press enter.

• From the list, you will see two services for Windows defender.

• Right click on both the services one at a time.

• Click on properties.

• Under general tab, select automatic from startup type.

• Click on start and then click on apply and then ok.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Apr 30, 2020
  4. arana Win User

How do I completely disable Windows Defender Antivirus?

Completely disable windows defender notifications windows 8 and 10

We have some screens showing information to visitors (for some products) in front of production lines, these computers are not even connected to the internet nor have user access at all, but the message that says windows defender signatures are really old may give the wrong message to a visitors or possible clients like "they don't even enforce security on their PCs", how can I completely disable either the windows defender notifications or windows defender completely?

The only notifications that I can disable are the not critical ones, and the outdated definitions are considered critical. :/

Not the same as the suggested repeated question:
    when you disable windows defender SECURITY CENTER starts to gripe about no antivirus protection with the same notifications I want to disable (even more now).

arana, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I completely disable Windows Defender Antivirus?

1. How do I completely disable Windows Defender Antivirus? - Similar Threads - completely disable Defender

2. How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?: How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection? mean real time protection & tamper protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-defender-antivirus/bdf21108-9367-4166-858b-c2e5931d23e9
  3. How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection?: How do i disable windows defender antivirus protection? mean real time protection & tamper protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-defender-antivirus/bdf21108-9367-4166-858b-c2e5931d23e9
  4. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I know by now, that gpedit does not work. What I have found is that third party software antivirus can disable Microsoft Defender using its API.I need to disable it without the obligation to run third party software.Right now, the only to pieces of software that is malware on...
  5. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I know by now, that gpedit does not work. What I have found is that third party software antivirus can disable Microsoft Defender using its API.I need to disable it without the obligation to run third party software.Right now, the only to pieces of software that is malware on...
  6. How do I disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Defender Antivirus is disabled by IT admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Antivirus is disabled by IT admin: Hi i have a problem where I cant access the protection against viruses part of defender and it says that it was disabled by IT admin but I am the admin. What should i do?...
  8. How to Disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11: Microsoft Defender Antivirus is the default antivirus solution of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. It is turned on by default, unless another security solution is installed that is recognized by the operating system as such. Previously, it was known as Windows...
  9. How Do I Completely and Permanently Disable Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Completely and Permanently Disable Windows Defender: Windows Defender is useless, and I should disable the anti-virus program. In that way, I should never damage my computer. I have MalwareFox (a better program than Windows Defender). 157248
  10. how do i turn on windows defender antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn on windows defender antivirus: I cant turn on windows defender antivirus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-defender-antivirus/f16f7851-b3b9-4639-8f1e-3c9f13f299ad

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable the windows defender antivirus service