Windows 10: How do I completely remove a driver and stop auto-reinstallation?

Discus and support How do I completely remove a driver and stop auto-reinstallation? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to uninstall a driver for Android called ADB Interface (winusb.inf). It's not compatible with my phone so I tried to install a driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anion, Jun 1, 2019.

1. anion Win User

How do I completely remove a driver and stop auto-reinstallation?

I'm trying to uninstall a driver for Android called ADB Interface (winusb.inf). It's not compatible with my phone so I tried to install a driver compatible my phone but Windows wouldn't let me because according to it the currently installed driver is already updated.

I tried to uninstall it from Device Manager but Windows just reinstall it whenever I plug in my phone. I found that you can permanently uninstall it if you check this option:

How do I completely remove a driver and stop auto-reinstallation? [​IMG]

But my PC doesn't have that option.

I'm using Windows 10 Home.

:)

anion, Jun 1, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do I completely remove a driver and stop auto-reinstallation? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 1, 2019
  3. how do you delete an auto added email in Win 10 mail

Hi Larry,

Outlook builds the Auto-Complete List by saving the names and addresses of recipients in email messages you've previously sent. As the list grows, so does the number of suggestions that are offered as possible entries. You can trim the list by removing one
    or more recipients, or you can turn off Auto-Complete List completely. To do so, you may follow instructed steps from this link:
    Remove addresses from AutoSuggest/Auto-Complete

Let us know if you need further help.

Jenicel Dri, Jun 1, 2019
  4. xinayder Win User

How to completely remove Realtek audio drivers?

I'm using build 10240, and in the first install, it installed the Realtek audio drivers.

The problem with these drivers is that they completely mess up the sound in my headphones.

Anyways, I've tried:
    • Uninstalling the audio manager in control panel
    • Deleting the oem#.inf
    • Uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager

None of these work. When I uninstall it, the driver is just reinstalled when my computer reboots. Is there a way to remove it?

xinayder, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I completely remove a driver and stop auto-reinstallation? - Similar Threads - completely remove driver

2. How do i completely remove Copilot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i completely remove Copilot?: I don't appreciate an AI assistant forced upon me. Please help me remove it. Unless you would prefer I switch back to Apple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-remove-copilot/94f158ab-bc04-48e2-a49f-4cc813fdd5f5
  3. How do i completely remove Copilot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i completely remove Copilot?: I don't appreciate an AI assistant forced upon me. Please help me remove it. Unless you would prefer I switch back to Apple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-remove-copilot/94f158ab-bc04-48e2-a49f-4cc813fdd5f5
  4. Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10 isn't complete how do I reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10 isn't complete how do I reinstall it?: When i restored my laptop back to an old restore point in order to get Wi-Fi functioning again, during the restart boot up, the computer informed me that the Bluetooth driver installation would need to be completed. How do I complete the installation?...
  5. Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10 isn't complete how do I reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10 isn't complete how do I reinstall it?: When i restored my laptop back to an old restore point in order to get Wi-Fi functioning again, during the restart boot up, the computer informed me that the Bluetooth driver installation would need to be completed. How do I complete the installation?...
  6. Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10 isn't complete how do I reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I stop my display driver from auto-upgrading?

How do I stop my display driver from auto-upgrading?: Here's my current display driver's details and when I tried to update my windows my system started downloading this version of my display driver:I have already used this version for a while and it was really buggy. It made my laptop's screen flicker like crazy. and it's also...
  8. How do I remove ASUS AiCharge completely with its driver?

How do I remove ASUS AiCharge completely with its driver?: I uninstalled it from Control Panel Programs and Features but there still a driver called AiCharger.sys exist and running in my PC. AiCharger.sys file located at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers , when I disable the driver startup, All the USB ports on the PC stops working after...
  9. how do I set up auto complete

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I set up auto complete: How do I set up Autocomplete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-auto-complete/5a90da69-7c3d-4682-b41c-e16cd2c4e469
  10. how do i reinstall drivers

how do i reinstall drivers: I uninstalled drivers a long time ago because I didn't know what they were and now I have a new printer and to update drivers I don't have? HELP For a computer dummy! * Moved from Community Participation Center...