Windows 10: How do I completely remove One Drive from my system?

Discus and support How do I completely remove One Drive from my system? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It would be great it Microsoft would stop forcing files onto One Drive then holding them hostage there. It would also be great if my posts on how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jo Spo, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Jo Spo Win User

How do I completely remove One Drive from my system?

It would be great it Microsoft would stop forcing files onto One Drive then holding them hostage there. It would also be great if my posts on how to completely remove this invasive program were not removed. I feel like this is an invasion of my privacy and makes it impossible for me to safely use the huge hard drive I paid for. Why isn't One Drive optional like every other service is? Why doesn't it ask you if you want to store files instead of just taking them? How hard would it be to make One Drive ask you what files you want there? Does Microsoft think it has the right to just take everyone

:)

Jo Spo, Mar 18, 2023
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do I completely remove One Drive from my system? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 18, 2023
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Mar 18, 2023
  4. rhegde Win User

Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I completely remove One Drive from my system? - Similar Threads - completely remove Drive

2. How do I remove one drive from my SSD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove one drive from my SSD.: How do I remove one drive from my SSD. Note it's not the file, but the icon. It has takes up the same space that I can see with in the web version. I have clicked the files for on-demand and that hasn't freed up any of the SSD. I had also tried to unlink one drive and that...
  3. How do I remove one drive from my SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove one drive from my SSD.: How do I remove one drive from my SSD. Note it's not the file, but the icon. It has takes up the same space that I can see with in the web version. I have clicked the files for on-demand and that hasn't freed up any of the SSD. I had also tried to unlink one drive and that...
  4. How do I remove one drive from my SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I completely remove One Drive from my system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I completely remove One Drive from my system?: It would be great it Microsoft would stop forcing files onto One Drive then holding them hostage there. It would also be great if my posts on how to completely remove this invasive program were not removed. I feel like this is an invasion of my privacy and makes it impossible...
  6. How do I completely remove One Drive from my system?

How do I completely remove One Drive from my system?: It would be great it Microsoft would stop forcing files onto One Drive then holding them hostage there. It would also be great if my posts on how to completely remove this invasive program were not removed. I feel like this is an invasion of my privacy and makes it impossible...
  7. How do I completely remove remaining ONE DRIVE files from computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I completely remove remaining ONE DRIVE files from computer?: Hello, This is about a new LG GRam 15.6" touchscreen laptop with 12th Gen Intel Core i5-1240P - 10080P - Windows 11 Home.Reinstalled Windows 11 Home using local because Microsoft tech said that would remove One Drive and all files would be local. That is not what happened and...
  8. How do I completely remove remaining ONE DRIVE files from computer?

How do I completely remove remaining ONE DRIVE files from computer?: Hello, This is about a new LG GRam 15.6" touchscreen laptop with 12th Gen Intel Core i5-1240P - 10080P - Windows 11 Home.Reinstalled Windows 11 Home using local because Microsoft tech said that would remove One Drive and all files would be local. That is not what happened and...
  9. How do I remove one particular drive from System Restore?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I remove one particular drive from System Restore?: Is there any way to turn System Restore off for one particular drive? I have 4 data disks and I want to turn System Restore off for one of them....
  10. How do I remove Bitcoinminer from system completely?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove Bitcoinminer from system completely?: I need assistance to remove the Bitcoinminer malware from my system completely. Norton is unable to remove it and it keeps popping up that this threat was blocked and its affecting my system big time. Please advise....