Windows 10: How do I configure a printer which is mapped using the Net Use command

Discus and support How do I configure a printer which is mapped using the Net Use command in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a printer which is mapped using the command below: net use LPT5: \\smbserver\printer3 /persistent:yes If I issue a print or copy command, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikeGarczynski, Feb 23, 2021.

1. How do I configure a printer which is mapped using the Net Use command

I have a printer which is mapped using the command below:

net use LPT5: \\smbserver\printer3 /persistent:yes

If I issue a print or copy command, the file is sent to the printer and I see it in the output queue on the remote computer.

However, i do not see the printer in printers and scanners which I didn't actually expect to. Does anyone know to add this printer so I can print from Windows applications?

I have tried adding a local printer and creating LPT5 which completes, but when I press the Print Test Page, the document leaves the workstation queue but doesn't print anywhere.

Any feedback is appreciated.

:)

MikeGarczynski, Feb 23, 2021

2. Unable to use printer via homegroup

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing while using printer. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to check the service of the printer.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to restart printer service on the specific laptop.

• Press Windows logo + X key, and select
      Command Prompt [Admin] to run elevated Command Prompt.

• Type the command net stop Spooler in the
      Command Prompt.

• Go to the location C:\Windows\System32\spool\Printers, and delete faulty printer files.

• Type the command net start Spooler in the
      Command Prompt.

• Restart the system, and now configure the shared printer again, and check if it helps.

Please reach back to us if you still face problem with Printer. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Setting Default Printer via Startup Script

This looks like a good solution, and similar to some of the VB scripts I tried.. but it is a logon script. I would need something that works as a startup script. We are not mapping printers to users as they move around too much, but rather mapping to each computer.

The Link that W1ZZARD posted is good information. Sadly however, I have tried utilizing most of the commands that are available. The /c command is indeed interesting, but we are trying to map them when a computer starts up (prior to logon screen) versus just mapping them remotely. The purpose would be if we had a lab that needed the default printer changed, sure we could just send the remote command to each machine, or even remote into them ourselves and manually do it, but I was looking for a smoother alternative.

It seems like its just something that will have to be done manually and with user education.

Thanks for all the suggestions though.

Wastedslayer, Feb 23, 2021
  4. How do I configure a printer which is mapped using the Net Use command

How to delete old share from showing up in network

Use these steps to remove a mapped network drive using Command Prompt:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
    3. Type the following command to delete the mapped network drive and press Enter: net use d: /delete In the command, replace the “d” for the drive letter of the mapped drive you’re trying to remove.

Code:
      In the command, replace the “d” for the drive letter of the mapped drive you’re trying to remove.

4. Restart your computer.

After you complete the steps, the mapped network drive should not longer be available on your device.

FreeBooter, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

How do I configure a printer which is mapped using the Net Use command

1. How do I configure a printer which is mapped using the Net Use command - Similar Threads - configure printer mapped

2. Net Use command on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Net Use command on windows 11.: Im going through an A+ certification course and the Net Use command is one that I need to be familiar with. I understand the concept however I like to use the commands to make sure I can use them in real world. Scenario: I have my two computers connected via crossover cable,...
  3. Net Use command on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Net Use command on windows 11.: Im going through an A+ certification course and the Net Use command is one that I need to be familiar with. I understand the concept however I like to use the commands to make sure I can use them in real world. Scenario: I have my two computers connected via crossover cable,...
  4. NET USE command TCP/IP printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NET USE command TCP/IP printer: HiI have an DOS program which needs to print to network printer. The printer is:installed in my pc windows 11 and, is directly connected to the network and,has its own IP address and, set as default printer and shared. The printer is connected using TCP/IP and works fine when...
  5. NET USE command TCP/IP printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NET USE command TCP/IP printer: HiI have an DOS program which needs to print to network printer. The printer is:installed in my pc windows 11 and, is directly connected to the network and,has its own IP address and, set as default printer and shared. The printer is connected using TCP/IP and works fine when...
  6. How to use Net Use command in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Net Use command in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]You can use the net use command to connect to a shared resource, such as network printers, mapped drive, etc., in your local area network. If you are not familiar with this command, this guide will be handy for you to learn more about the net use command, which is...
  7. Net Use doesn't show mapped drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Net Use doesn't show mapped drives: Hi guys, I have 3 mapped drives which are accessible. However, when I run net use command I'm getting this output. C:\windows\system32>net use New connections will be remembered. There are no entries in the list. Does anybody know why is it so? 178366
  8. Why does "NET USE" command fail ?

Why does "NET USE" command fail ?: No matter how I code this command (Entered password, encoded password, or PASTED password), if fails with "The specified password is not correct". [img] Yet I can fire up file explorer and MAP the drive and it works. The second command listed is to show that a...
  9. Trouble with net use command

Trouble with net use command: I'm trying to write a batch file to map a network drive. This will map the Z drive to a NAS unit. However I'm having trouble with the command. Here is my command and the result: Net Use Z: \\10.0.0.77\Willow /user:xxxxxxx yyyyyyy More? Why would this command return...
  10. net use command works for LPT but not for COM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    net use command works for LPT but not for COM: I need my USB printer to map to COM (old software only recognizes COM ports). using net use, i can map it to LPT, but when i try to map it to COM, i get error 66 This is what i'm entering: net use COM2: \127.0.0.1\E /persistent:yes System error 66 has occurred. The...