Windows 10: How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine?

Discus and support How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to setup a new VPN connection so others can connect to my network here. All the guides I'm finding show this: [ATTACH] When I load my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andrew Angell, Dec 23, 2018.

1. How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine?

I'm trying to setup a new VPN connection so others can connect to my network here. All the guides I'm finding show this:

How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine? new-incoming-connection-windows-10.jpg
    When I load my Network Connections, though, I do not have any menu bar:

How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine? ca4773ae-9605-477d-b7b1-16ae6c058e83?upload=true.jpg

I can't find anything to show/hide such a menu either. I simply don't have it here.

Any information on how I can get to the "New Incoming Connection" would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Andrew Angell, Dec 23, 2018

2. How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Dec 23, 2018
  4. jdcdmj Win User

How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine?

VPN configuration

Iwant to configure a VPN between my Linux server, running Openswan, and my 9300i using the Nokia VPN suite.

Is here a step-by-step guide to configuring both ends of this link? (and where?)

jdcdmj, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine?

1. How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine? - Similar Threads - configure VPN connection

2. How can I configure a VPN for virtual machine in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I configure a VPN for virtual machine in Hyper-V: I am running Windows 11 Pro along with TunnelBear VPN and using an Android x86 operating system. However, I am having trouble connecting Android OS to the VPN. When I use the default switch, it shows as connected but without internet access. If I turn off the VPN, everything...
  3. How can I configure a VPN for virtual machine in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I configure a VPN for virtual machine in Hyper-V: I am running Windows 11 Pro along with TunnelBear VPN and using an Android x86 operating system. However, I am having trouble connecting Android OS to the VPN. When I use the default switch, it shows as connected but without internet access. If I turn off the VPN, everything...
  4. VPN can not be connected after be configured

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN can not be connected after be configured: Hi all:I am trying to configure an build in windows VPN . I followed instruction step by step. it is more or less like the following operation.https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/connect-to-a-vpn-in-windows-10-3d29aeb1-f497-f6b7-7633-115722c1009ci configured 3 laptop....
  5. How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server?

How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server?: I have an application where I need to access my PC from my iPad over the Internet and have the PC assign my iPad an IP address within the range of my LAN (i.e. 192.168.1.xxx). I've created a VPN server using the built-in capabilities of Windows 10 Pro version 20H2. However,...
  6. How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server?: I have an application where I need to access my PC from my iPad over the Internet and have the PC assign my iPad an IP address within the range of my LAN (i.e. 192.168.1.xxx). I've created a VPN server using the built-in capabilities of Windows 10 Pro. However, for the life...
  7. Share a VPN connection in my Windows 10 machine to a LinuxUbuntu 18.04 machine.

Share a VPN connection in my Windows 10 machine to a LinuxUbuntu 18.04 machine.: Hi, I wanna get my windows 10 machine to act as a router or similarits ok with static IP-addresses to so I can use a VPN tunnel that is available on the windows 10 machine for my other machinesLinux machines. I have two wired network card on the windows 10 machine One of...
  8. How do I set my VPN as metered connection

How do I set my VPN as metered connection: Hi, I have a limited bandwidth on my internet so I have my connection set to metered. The problem is when I connect to a VPN that metered connection gets overridden(?) and all the updates start downloading. There's no option on my VPN as well about anything remotely...
  9. How do I set my VPN as metered connection

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set my VPN as metered connection: Hi, I have a limited bandwidth on my internet so I have my connection set to metered. The problem is when I connect to a VPN that metered connection gets overridden(?) and all the updates start downloading. There's no option on my VPN as well about anything remotely...
  10. How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically

How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically: I have a VPN that I wish to connect to every time I start the system, instead of starting it manually. How can I do that in Windows 10 (I'm fairly sure it could be done in Windows 7)? Thanks Dave 83980

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to add VPN type greyed out