Windows 10: How do I Configure Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro without TPM?

Discus and support How do I Configure Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro without TPM? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I Configure Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro without TPM?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bob G.N.Y, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Bob G.N.Y Win User

How do I Configure Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro without TPM?

:)

Bob G.N.Y, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Bob G.N.Y Win User

Bob G.N.Y, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Bitlocker in Windows 10 without TPM

Hi,

I have upgraded my OE Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro. I was hoping to use Bitlocker. As my system does not have a Trusted Platform Module (TPM), can I configure my computer to enable Bitlocker without a TPM, not use a USB
    and just use a password?

Alternatively - when I spoke to Microsoft they suggested that I get a TPM chip fitted to my computer? Is that possible? I have have a HP 251 - 108a Desktop.

thanks in advance

SydneyJohn, Nov 6, 2018
  4. DJ91311 Win User

Bitlocker in Windows 10 without TPM

As others here, I have my Win8.1 C: drive encrypted without a TPM and with a password. I am still unsure whether to upgrade to Win10. Your posts:

• Told how to enable Bitlocker on Windows 10
    • Seemed limited to the BETA version of Windows 10
    QUESTIONS:

• Can I simply upgrade to Win10 without decrypting my C: drive AND still use the same password on Bitlocker?
    • Can you confirm that Bitlocker WILL NOT revert to the default Bitlocker settings during the upgrade?
    • Will everything work as in your post on the production Win10 upgrade as on the trial versions?
    Having to worry about losing a thumbdrive makes me quite uneasy--especially on the road. In the event of theft, the thumbdrive would likely be with the laptop; thus, obviating the reason for using Bitlocker in the first place.

The following points have given me concerns about upgrading to Win10:

From the Win10 Specifications Page:

•BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (Windows 10 Pro only).

•BitLocker requires either Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2, TPM 2.0 or a

USB flash drive (Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise only).

Did the post "kennethrallen replied on August 1, 2015S, See post history" relate to a removable drive; did Win10 incorrectly interpret the drive as removable because it was encrypted; or was the problem apparently something else?

Thanks

DJ

DJ91311, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I Configure Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro without TPM? - Similar Threads - Configure Bitlocker Pro

2. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using BitLocker without a TPM: I have an older PC I want to protect the data on with BitLocker. It's running Windows 10 Pro, and the PC does not have a TPM.If I enable and setup BitLocker without a TPM, and set it to require a password on boot not a USB key, is the password itself encrypted? Normally the...
  3. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using BitLocker without a TPM: I have an older PC I want to protect the data on with BitLocker. It's running Windows 10 Pro, and the PC does not have a TPM.If I enable and setup BitLocker without a TPM, and set it to require a password on boot not a USB key, is the password itself encrypted? Normally the...
  4. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enable Bitlocker Without TPM

Enable Bitlocker Without TPM: Hello everyone, i need to enable BitLocker on all the computers all parittions inside the company using a script or command line without enabling TPM option and backup the recovery key to AD DS. is there a way to achieve that, i have searched a lot to do this with no...
  6. Turn On BitLocker for Windows 10 Operating System Drive without TPM

in Windows 10 News
    Turn On BitLocker for Windows 10 Operating System Drive without TPM: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can choose how to unlock the operating system drive when you turn on your PC with a PIN (requires TPM), Password, or a Startup key on a connected USB flash drive. In this post, we will show you how [...] This post Turn On BitLocker for Windows 10...
  7. Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module

Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module: recently upgraded from Window 10 home (HP OEM ) to Pro on a desktop. tried turning on Bitlocker for the first time on C: and saved the recovery key on a seperate USB and on microsoft account. choose full disk encryption and rebooted the system for the first time. realized,...
  8. BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM)

BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM): I've recently installed bitlocker on my computer. Although windows says my C: drive is encrypted; I am not asked for my decryption password when i boot the computer. I get put straight into the login screen. I've done the necessary steps to enable bitlocker without TPM but...
  9. Bitlocker without TPM help

Bitlocker without TPM help: Hi all, I've been having a bit of trouble trying to get Bitlocker working on my Dad's laptop. He recently bought a new laptop with Win 7 pro and I upgraded it to Win 10. It all went smoothly except now when I'm trying to get Bitlocker to encrypt his drive. It has an ssd...
  10. How to Use Bitlocker on Only Non System Drive and without TPM

How to Use Bitlocker on Only Non System Drive and without TPM: I want to use Bitlocker on my Non System E Drive without TPM. I read somewhere to do the following for without TPM: " Under Local Computer Policy navigate to Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Bit Locker Drive Encryption \ Operating...