Windows 10: How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server?

Discus and support How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an application where I need to access my PC from my iPad over the Internet and have the PC assign my iPad an IP address within the range of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wazooda1, Jan 27, 2021.

1. How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server?

I have an application where I need to access my PC from my iPad over the Internet and have the PC assign my iPad an IP address within the range of my LAN (i.e. 192.168.1.xxx).

I've created a VPN server using the built-in capabilities of Windows 10 Pro.

However, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to configure my iPad as client. I don't have a security certificate from my PC, nor do I see a way to share a secret that the iPad is asking for.

Does anyone have any idea how to proceed?

Thanks a million,

-Paul

submitted by /u/wazooda1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wazooda1, Jan 27, 2021
  2. grecinos Win User

Problems setting up a VPN server with a Synology NAS - Please help

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm using a Synology NAS configured as a VPN Server (on my LAN). I have a Spectrum Cable ISP for internet access. I've configured the router to forward the necessary packets required by the VPN server.

On the client side, I'm using a Windows 10 PC laptop. For testing purposes, I have it connected to a Mobile Wifi device. So, the server and client are on separate internet connections.

As per your suggestion, I'll likely switch to IPSEC. But for the moment, I'm going to leave it as is, for testing purposes.

grecinos, Jan 27, 2021
  3. grecinos Win User
    I need help setting up a VPN server

Hey guys!

I have a Synology NAS that has the ability to act as a VPN server. I was able to successfully enable and configure the VPN server. I'm using Windows 10 as the client. Thus far, I've tried PPTP and L2TP. I was able to establish a connection over the local area network, but I haven't been able to get it to work over the internet. I have Bright House Networks as my ISP. I was able to log into the router and configure the required port forwarding settings. But still no luck.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Jan 27, 2021
  4. jdcdmj Win User

How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server?

VPN configuration

Iwant to configure a VPN between my Linux server, running Openswan, and my 9300i using the Nokia VPN suite.

Is here a step-by-step guide to configuring both ends of this link? (and where?)

jdcdmj, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server?

1. How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server? - Similar Threads - configure iPad connect

2. How do I add my iPad to my Microsoft subscription?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add my iPad to my Microsoft subscription?: How do I add my iPad to my Microsoft subscription? That provides excell, PowerPoint, etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-my-ipad-to-my-microsoft-subscription/f23cd3c4-48cb-42b5-b6fb-3d5f2696fd7a
  3. How to connect my wifi to friends Ipad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to connect my wifi to friends Ipad: How do I connect wifi to friend's Ipad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-my-wifi-to-friends-ipad/0f3681c0-0810-4a14-89d7-786d24de560f
  4. How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server?

How do I configure my iPad to connect to my Windows 10 VPN server?: I have an application where I need to access my PC from my iPad over the Internet and have the PC assign my iPad an IP address within the range of my LAN (i.e. 192.168.1.xxx). I've created a VPN server using the built-in capabilities of Windows 10 Pro version 20H2. However,...
  5. VPN error 812, Connection prevented because of a policy configured on RAS/VPN server

in Windows 10 News
    VPN error 812, Connection prevented because of a policy configured on RAS/VPN server: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are several VPN errors, but unlike many errors, VPN Error 812 is not very common that users may come across. However, just because this is an uncommon problem, it does not mean that it cannot be resolved. In this [...] This post VPN error 812,...
  6. How do i connect to my office networked server

How do i connect to my office networked server: I currently use Microsoft Surface 3 with windows 10. I am struggling to connect to my office networked server. I receives feedback that "Windows cannot access \\server". I need help 128719
  7. How do I set my VPN as metered connection

How do I set my VPN as metered connection: Hi, I have a limited bandwidth on my internet so I have my connection set to metered. The problem is when I connect to a VPN that metered connection gets overridden(?) and all the updates start downloading. There's no option on my VPN as well about anything remotely...
  8. How do I set my VPN as metered connection

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set my VPN as metered connection: Hi, I have a limited bandwidth on my internet so I have my connection set to metered. The problem is when I connect to a VPN that metered connection gets overridden(?) and all the updates start downloading. There's no option on my VPN as well about anything remotely...
  9. How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine?

How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine?: I'm trying to setup a new VPN connection so others can connect to my network here. All the guides I'm finding show this: [ATTACH] When I load my Network Connections, though, I do not have any menu bar: [ATTACH] I can't find anything to show/hide such a menu either. I...
  10. How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically

How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically: I have a VPN that I wish to connect to every time I start the system, instead of starting it manually. How can I do that in Windows 10 (I'm fairly sure it could be done in Windows 7)? Thanks Dave 83980