Windows 10: How do I configure SSD

Discus and support How do I configure SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a SSD and 1TB hard drive on my laptop. Windows is installed on SSD, I want max performance on SSD cashing etc. How do I make sure that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by umarmalik, Mar 19, 2019.

1. umarmalik Win User

How do I configure SSD

Hello,

I have a SSD and 1TB hard drive on my laptop. Windows is installed on SSD, I want max performance on SSD cashing etc. How do I make sure that all is configured correctly on my laptop.

:)

umarmalik, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Mar 19, 2019
  3. (Very) slow boot - Windows 10 on a PCIe Toshiba SSD - Xiaomi Notebook Air

Hi Andi,

The challenge that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons, such as, incorrect configuration of the BIOS. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions below:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Were you able to configure the BIOS of your motherboard in order for the
      PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express) SSD
      to work properly as a primary booting device? Kindly provide us the steps you took in configuring your
      PCIe SSD.

Also, kindly provide us the specs of your Xiaomi Notebook.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

How do I configure SSD

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

How do I configure SSD

1. How do I configure SSD - Similar Threads - configure SSD

2. Wrong system configuration after copying Windows 10 to another SSD with cocosenor Backup...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong system configuration after copying Windows 10 to another SSD with cocosenor Backup...: Madam, Sir,Here are the steps I followed to copy Windows 10 from one SSD to another on my custom made PC -- This one-year old PC has been working properly so far. Note that there is two other hard disks E and F on this PC, and one of them has also an inactive copy of Windows...
  3. Wrong system configuration after copying Windows 10 to another SSD with cocosenor Backup...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong system configuration after copying Windows 10 to another SSD with cocosenor Backup...: Madam, Sir,Here are the steps I followed to copy Windows 10 from one SSD to another on my custom made PC -- This one-year old PC has been working properly so far. Note that there is two other hard disks E and F on this PC, and one of them has also an inactive copy of Windows...
  4. Wrong system configuration after copying Windows 10 to another SSD with cocosenor Backup...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to fix ssd infected by virus or configured by the virus yes this is my third time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to fix ssd infected by virus or configured by the virus yes this is my third time: sym: unable to restart to most of the part like going to recovery option, updates, and media updatestried: formatting the ssd c: and reinstalling it...
  6. Switching a HDD to SSD without having to install and configure all programs/settings. Is it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching a HDD to SSD without having to install and configure all programs/settings. Is it...: Hello. This is for a work computer on a building I work at. What would be the easiest way to switch drives without having to install and setup everything from scratch? Since it is a work computer, there are a lot of things that need to be done for the user to be able to do...
  7. Moving a Windows installation to an SSD if you have a dual-boot configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving a Windows installation to an SSD if you have a dual-boot configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm just looking for some guidance at this time. Background: A few years ago, I custom built a PC that, for budgetary reasons, I fitted 2 mechanical hard drives to. When I first put the rig together, I installed Windows 7 Home Premium on the disc at...
  8. How do I properly configure VMs using SSD nd HDD?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do I properly configure VMs using SSD nd HDD?: I am gathering information to use when my new custom build laptop arrives in about a week. The build includes a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. My intention is to use the new machine to get a special project off my existing computer to free up over 20GB of storage. After reading the...
  9. How should I configure a SSD & HDD for photo editing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How should I configure a SSD & HDD for photo editing?: I had to send my HP Envy back as it was defective. I am in the process of picking out a new one & I would like to know if having a SSD & HDD would be best for photo editing? I have read so many different opinions about what to store on each that I don't know what to do. I...
  10. How to configure my SSD's in raid zero

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to configure my SSD's in raid zero: I have an ssd and I want to get another to configure it in raid zero for faster pc but I have already installed windows 10 on one, is there a way I can configure it in raid zero without having to reinstall windows? 34384