Windows 10: How do i configure Steam with Screen size and control pad settings

Discus and support How do i configure Steam with Screen size and control pad settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i just downloaded tomb raider 1 and 2, but i don't know how to configure the screen size and controls, i don't have an xbox control pad but a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Teknosfinest, Dec 24, 2019.

1. How do i configure Steam with Screen size and control pad settings

i just downloaded tomb raider 1 and 2, but i don't know how to configure the screen size and controls, i don't have an xbox control pad but a playstation unofficial one and a ps4 controller, i just want to know how i can set the right screen size and control pad configure

:)

Teknosfinest, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please confirm a few things for me.

1. Is this issue occurring with ‘Steam’ being installed on your system?
    2. Have you checked if the controller still works on your Windows when ‘Steam’ is not running in the background?

Please check with the following methods.

Method 1:

Stop the process for steam in task manager and check with this.

You can stop ‘Steam’ running in the background by following the steps below:

1. Press ‘Ctrl’, ‘Shift’ and ‘Esc’. This will launch the ‘Task Manager’.
    2. Click on the ‘Details’ tab, you should be able to locate the ‘steam.exe’ process if ‘Steam’ is running in the background.
    3. Right-click on it and select ‘End process tree’ to stop the ‘Steam’ running in the background.
    4. Check if the controller is still working on the Desktop.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check the settings in the Steam application. You may follow the steps below:

1. Launch the ‘Steam’ application, click on ‘Settings’.
    2. You should be able to locate the ‘Controller’ option under ‘Settings’.
    3. Under ‘Controller Configuration’, click on the ‘Desktop Configuration’. Please confirm the settings there.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Dec 24, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 24, 2019
  4. How do i configure Steam with Screen size and control pad settings

Generic USB control pad errors

Hi James,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

On a computer that’s running Windows 10, you can use Devices and Printers to manage the controller. Here’s how:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click View Devices and Printers.
    • Verify that the controller appears under Devices, then right-click the controller and click
      Game controller settings.
    • Check the Status of the controller, and then click Properties.
    • On the Settings tab click Calibrate.
      Note You’ll be prompted to use the directional pad (also referred to as the D-pad), but use the left stick instead. If you use the directional pad, the left stick configuration may be incorrect.
        • To use the Device Calibration Wizard to configure the axes of your game controller, click
          Next.
        • Leave the left stick centered. Press any button on the controller.
        • Move the left stick to all the corners, and then press any button on the controller.
        • Leave the left stick centered. Press any button on the controller.
        • Move the Z axis (use the left and right triggers) all the way up and down, and then press any button on the controller.
        • Move the X rotation (move the right stick) left and right, and then press any button on the controller.
        • Move the Y rotation (move the right stick) all the way up and down, and then press any button on the controller.
        • To save your configuration, click Finish.
    • On the Test tab, test the operation of the controller.
      If you're satisfied with the new settings, click OK two times. If you're not satisfied, click
      Settings, and then click Reset to default. When you click
      Reset to default, the device controls are reset to the original, default settings.
    Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.
    Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

How do i configure Steam with Screen size and control pad settings

1. How do i configure Steam with Screen size and control pad settings - Similar Threads - configure Steam Screen

2. netplwiz AND control userpasswords2 do NOT open. How do I configure a secure autologon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netplwiz AND control userpasswords2 do NOT open. How do I configure a secure autologon...: Hello everyone,System information & disclosure:I am working on an IPC227E which has Windows 10 IoT entreprise 2016 on it. Latest update installed was WIN10 22H2 at the beggining of June 2023.I am using a local account. Windows Hello is not supported on this device. If you...
  3. netplwiz AND control userpasswords2 do NOT open. How do I configure a secure autologon...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    netplwiz AND control userpasswords2 do NOT open. How do I configure a secure autologon...: Hello everyone,System information & disclosure:I am working on an IPC227E which has Windows 10 IoT entreprise 2016 on it. Latest update installed was WIN10 22H2 at the beggining of June 2023.I am using a local account. Windows Hello is not supported on this device. If you...
  4. Mouse invisible when using controller "steam desktop configuration"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse invisible when using controller "steam desktop configuration": I use my controller as mouse sometimes. But I noticed mouse pointer is being invisible when no any mouse hardware connected. I wanna save my Bluetooth mouse battery so I just want my controller to be connected as mouse. It seems like windows automatically disappearing my...
  5. Mouse invisible when using controller "steam desktop configuration"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse invisible when using controller "steam desktop configuration": I use my controller as mouse sometimes. But I noticed mouse pointer is being invisible when no any mouse hardware connected. I wanna save my Bluetooth mouse battery so I just want my controller to be connected as mouse. It seems like windows automatically disappearing my...
  6. Mouse invisible when using controller "steam desktop configuration"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I uninstall steam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall steam?: How do I uninstall steam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-steam/81efa23d-8342-4fc1-9e55-bf718bbb372f
  8. how do I control the size of my cursor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I control the size of my cursor.: how do I control the size of my cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-control-the-size-of-my-cursor/35caa0f2-b4df-4b7c-9f90-fa1b23178410
  9. how do I control size of advertisments?

how do I control size of advertisments?: Advertisements are now HUGE! I cannot remove them or shrink them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-control-size-of-advertisments/6dd60ffb-0a44-49bd-b11e-b2ff8835c7d4
  10. How do I adjust page/screen size

How do I adjust page/screen size: I have the most updated version of Microsoft 10 Home. However when I click on a file/document or webpage it doesn't fit on my screen. They are too big. I thought the update would fix this. I can't even get to the start link. I have to use the button on the keyboard to...