Windows 10: How do I configure the extra buttons on my keyboard?

Discus and support How do I configure the extra buttons on my keyboard? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an HP 5187 Keyboard that has multimedia buttons across the top of it. HP does not have software available for this keyboard for Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SAGB - MCET, Sep 5, 2018.

1. How do I configure the extra buttons on my keyboard?

I have an HP 5187 Keyboard that has multimedia buttons across the top of it. HP does not have software available for this keyboard for Windows 10.

How can I assign functions to the extra keys?

The keys are as follows:

Sleep, Search, +HP Club, Internet, ?Info, E-Mail, Eject1, Eject2, Burn CD/DVD, <<Prev, Play/Pause, Next>>, Stop, Volume down, Volume Up, Mute.

I want to assign the eject buttons to Eject DVD drive 1 and DVD Drive 2 respectively. and assign the e-mail button to go to my Hotmail account.

I've tried several key assignment programs and each one only gives me part of what I want to do. One does one thing the other does another, but they undo the changes of the other program. :-( really frustrating.

I tried the "Microsoft Keyboard" program and "Sharp Keys" program. Sharp keys doesn't let you define a custom action. Microsoft Keyboard doesn't give me access to all of my keys.

:)

SAGB - MCET, Sep 5, 2018

2. Self-configured keyboard?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.

• Click on Region and Language.

• Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.

• This will take time to download the pack.

• Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Extra keyboard buttons not working with certain programs

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if certain programs is supporting the new extra keys present in the keyboard.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

Have you tried to check configuration settings in the game settings?

If the issue is occurring with certain apps or programs, then the certain programs support the features avaialable on the Keyboard.

It may also be possible that the extra buttons is not supported on those programs.

Also please contact the manufacture of the keyboard regarding the inability to use the extra keys during certain applications or programs.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Solaris17 Win User

How do I configure the extra buttons on my keyboard?

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I configure the extra buttons on my keyboard?

1. How do I configure the extra buttons on my keyboard? - Similar Threads - configure extra buttons

2. How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?: This extra keyboard layout keeps coming back however many times I delete it.As you can see in the screenshot, I have 3 languages installed EN, PT and GE. For some unknown reason, the EN keyboard keeps doubling up and downloading an extra layout. If I remove the...
  3. How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?: This extra keyboard layout keeps coming back however many times I delete it.As you can see in the screenshot, I have 3 languages installed EN, PT and GE. For some unknown reason, the EN keyboard keeps doubling up and downloading an extra layout. If I remove the...
  4. My keyboard is typing extra letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is typing extra letters: I have looked this up at Microsoft help.There was this post with the same problemnone of the steps resolved this eg: hj not just h, #l not just #lthank you....
  5. My keyboard is typing extra letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is typing extra letters: I have looked this up at Microsoft help.There was this post with the same problemnone of the steps resolved this eg: hj not just h, #l not just #lthank you....
  6. My keyboard is typing extra letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I configure my ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I configure my ip address: Error message Ethernet does not have a valid up address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-configure-my-ip-address/32003db5-2056-4101-b586-2108a649a7d9
  8. How do I remove these extra language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove these extra language: I try to remove it on preferred languages but it still show in my language bar so that my problem how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-extra-language/b1595ea2-70be-4239-b1a7-7958e768f0c2
  9. How do I remove an extra license?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I remove an extra license?: [img] Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have Microsoft 365 Home installed. Outlook has several personal accounts set up. I tried to set up a work account in Outlook by clicking File > Add Account. It asked for the email address and...
  10. How do I configure the extra buttons on my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I configure the extra buttons on my keyboard?: I have an HP 5187 Keyboard that has multimedia buttons across the top of it. HP does not have software available for this keyboard for Windows 10. How can I assign functions to the extra keys? The keys are as follows: Sleep, Search, +HP Club, Internet, ?Info, E-Mail,...