Windows 10: How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop?

Discus and support How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day friends, Today I setup Chrome Remote Desktop on my laptop, and it is running properly I can access my laptop from my smartphones. I see... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, May 7, 2020.

1. How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop?

Good day friends,

Today I setup Chrome Remote Desktop on my laptop, and it is running properly I can access my laptop from my smartphones.

1. I see that even though I have quit Chrome on my laptop, I can still access it using my phones. Is this normal?
    2. More importantly, is there a way to limit/ restrict which devices can actually connect to my laptop? Even though I have to key in the pin to start a remote session, is there a way I can configure the laptop to accept incoming connections only from pre-specified IP addresses/ device MAC addresses? This is just to prevent unauthorized access of my laptop by someone who can randomly guess/ use brute force to generate the pin. Since every device has a unique IP address/ MAC address, is there a way to use them to authorize only such devices to be able to connect remotely?

Thanks.

:)

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, May 7, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, May 7, 2020
  3. mlee49 Win User
    help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, May 7, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop?

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 7, 2020
Thema:

How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop?

1. How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop? - Similar Threads - configure devices connect

2. how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?: hello, i accidentally locked my device remotely and i want to get access but every time i want to access my device it shows that only the administrator will get access although i am the administrator....
  3. how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?: hello, i accidentally locked my device remotely and i want to get access but every time i want to access my device it shows that only the administrator will get access although i am the administrator....
  4. How do you configure Microsoft Remote Desktop from an iOS device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you configure Microsoft Remote Desktop from an iOS device?: I am trying to connect to a Windows 10 Pro PC using remote desktop protocol. From a local windows 10 machine on the same LAN I can connect with no problems. However, when I try to connect from an iPad using the same credentials and from the same LAN, running "Microsoft Remote...
  5. How do you configure Microsoft Remote Desktop from an iOS device?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you configure Microsoft Remote Desktop from an iOS device?: I am trying to connect to a Windows 10 Pro PC using remote desktop protocol. From a local windows 10 machine on the same LAN I can connect with no problems. However, when I try to connect from an iPad using the same credentials and from the same LAN, running "Microsoft Remote...
  6. Is my laptop remotely connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop remotely connected: Hi I was having problems last night trying to access a vpn account and my internet provider blocked me from getting on the site. Anyway after speaking to them I was suddenly able to download the vpn. Then this morning I accessed my laptop firstly I couldn’t get on the...
  7. How can I tell which laptop or desktop is which in my Microsoft Account Devices list?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell which laptop or desktop is which in my Microsoft Account Devices list?: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/When I go into my Microsoft Account to see my laptops and DesktopsThey are listed as something like DESKTOP-QNXX8XXHow can I tell which is which?...
  8. How can I configure the Bluetooth microphone on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I configure the Bluetooth microphone on my laptop?: I recently bought a redlemon B3500 headphones, the Bluetooth microphone and audio works for my phone, but In my laptop (I have a HP laptop core i3) the Bluetooth audio works but I can’t use the Bluetooth microphone:/ submitted by /u/Andu-Nav [link] [comments]...
  9. How do I remotely lock my device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remotely lock my device?: I went to Microsoft's "find my device", and it found where I had been using it, but nothing in the 8 hours since then. I read that I could lock my device from that find my device page. But I see no such option. How do I lock it? submitted by /u/I-Am-Electric [link]...
  10. New laptop configuration, remotely

in Windows 10 Customization
    New laptop configuration, remotely: I attended a MS conference a few years ago where they discussed how we can remotely configure new machines. Instead of new machines being sent to the IT group to configure, Dell/HP/etc would just send laptop to user, and when they log on, it would be remotely configured....