Windows 10: How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop?

Discus and support How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day friends, Today I setup Chrome Remote Desktop on my laptop, and it is running properly I can access my laptop from my smartphones. I see... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, May 7, 2020.

1. How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop?

Good day friends,

Today I setup Chrome Remote Desktop on my laptop, and it is running properly I can access my laptop from my smartphones.

1. I see that even though I have quit Chrome on my laptop, I can still access it using my phones. Is this normal?
    2. More importantly, is there a way to limit/ restrict which devices can actually connect to my laptop? Even though I have to key in the pin to start a remote session, is there a way I can configure the laptop to accept incoming connections only from pre-specified IP addresses/ device MAC addresses? This is just to prevent unauthorized access of my laptop by someone who can randomly guess/ use brute force to generate the pin. Since every device has a unique IP address/ MAC address, is there a way to use them to authorize only such devices to be able to connect remotely?

Thanks.

:)

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, May 7, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, May 7, 2020
  3. mlee49 Win User
    help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, May 7, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop?

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 7, 2020
Thema:

How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop?

1. How do I configure which devices can connect remotely to my laptop? - Similar Threads - configure devices connect

2. I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I found a device with my laptops name connected to my laptop.: I was checking if my mouse was connected correctly so i went into the control panel and went into devices and printers and i found a device with the same name as my laptop connected. I want to know why this is happening....
  3. Can I remotely turn on the location of my Laptop?

Can I remotely turn on the location of my Laptop?: My laptop has been stolen, and while "Find My Device" is turned on, the location isn't. Is there a way I could remotely turn this setting on....
  4. How can I remotely turn on find my device for my missing pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I remotely turn on find my device for my missing pc?: submitted by /u/MistaManFace [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1to3m/how_can_i_remotely_turn_on_find_my_device_for_my/
  5. how do I connect my laptop to my TV with HMDI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I connect my laptop to my TV with HMDI: Cant seem to work this out!!! any ideas please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-laptop-to-my-tv-with-hmdi/f748b859-6ca7-4593-a04d-0615f454350a
  6. CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CONNECTING DEVICES TO MY LAPTOP??: Hello...… When I recently purchased my £800 laptop I was told that if I plugged any device (eg, phone or camera etc, etc) into my laptop the new Windows 10 operating system would detect that a device has been plugged into the laptop and that information would appear on my...
  7. New laptop configuration, remotely

New laptop configuration, remotely: I attended a MS conference a few years ago where they discussed how we can remotely configure new machines. Instead of new machines being sent to the IT group to configure, Dell/HP/etc would just send laptop to user, and when they log on, it would be remotely configured....
  8. How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device,...: How do I remove a lock on a device remotely. My kid got in trouble and I locked the device, now I cannot figure out how to remove the lock remotely...
  9. How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine?: I'm trying to setup a new VPN connection so others can connect to my network here. All the guides I'm finding show this: [ATTACH] When I load my Network Connections, though, I do not have any menu bar: [ATTACH] I can't find anything to show/hide such a menu either. I...
  10. How can I configure account?

How can I configure account?: I need to use fax but the program tells me that I need to have account configured. I don’t have any idea in how to configure accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-configure-account/324bca6d-a20d-4eaa-b685-023f937ae595