Windows 10: How do I configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automactically

Discus and support How do I configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automactically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automactically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnWightman, Aug 9, 2019.

1. How do I configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automactically

How do I configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automactically

:)

JohnWightman, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Windows Media Player Verson 12.0.10011.16506 MKV codec

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check this link
    to view the list of the file types supported by Windows Media Player.

You can check this link to know more about codecs: Codecs: frequently asked questions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, Aug 9, 2019
  3. media player

Hi cj0830,

Some of the possible reasons why it happened can be due to a corrupted file, the
    codec used is not supported by the Player or Windows Media Player is outdated. For the meantime, we suggest that you follow the suggestions below:

1. Play the file on a different computer and check if the file is not corrupt.
    2. Copy the file to the computer and check if you are able to play the file.
    3. To determine what codec was used with a specific file, play the file in the Player, if possible. While the file is playing, right-click the file in the library, and then click Properties. On the File tab, look at the Audio codec and Video codec sections.
    4. Update and/or reinstall your Sound Card and Video Card drivers. Along with DirectX when you are getting this error.
    5. Download and install Codecs by go to the PLAYER tab and check. Connect to the Internet and Download Codecs Automatically from the player
    6. Configure protocol settings. On the Tools menu, click
      Options, and then click the Network tab.
      In the Streaming protocols area, select all the protocol check boxes.
      When connecting to a server running Windows Media Services, Windows Media Player attempts to use all the selected protocols

Let us know how it turns out.

Jesebel Ova, Aug 9, 2019
  4. How do I configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automactically

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automactically

1. How do I configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automactically - Similar Threads - configure Media Player

2. Media Player for Windows 11 codecs??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player for Windows 11 codecs??: Hello! I have created and saved videos that are encoded using H.264 and saved them to my device. However, when I try to open them, the Media Player for Windows 11 says there's an issue with how they're encoded. How can I find what codecs are included in the media player so I...
  3. Windows Media player codecs conundrum

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media player codecs conundrum: Hello, I have the codecs for my windows media player. But need more info on the file codecs.My music was downloaded from an old flash drive that was originally from Windows 7.When I tried to load it into Windows 10, half of the contents cannot be played.A pop up states...
  4. Windows Media player codecs conundrum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media player codecs conundrum: Hello, I have the codecs for my windows media player. But need more info on the file codecs.My music was downloaded from an old flash drive that was originally from Windows 7.When I tried to load it into Windows 10, half of the contents cannot be played.A pop up states...
  5. How to prevent Windows Media Player from downloading codecs automatically

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Windows Media Player from downloading codecs automatically: [ATTACH]Windows Media Player often downloads media codecs to play an unsupported file on Windows […] This article How to prevent Windows Media Player from downloading codecs automatically first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. how do i download media player..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i download media player..: how do i download media player.. i deleted it because it wasnt working right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-media-player/1e67b6e8-dcd9-42c1-bb67-a5f6f639c5f2
  7. windows 10 media player codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 media player codecs: I have windows 10 I need codecs for windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-media-player-codecs/5c40973f-4341-4544-8229-4042992cceab
  8. codecs for windows media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    codecs for windows media player: How do you download codecs for windows 10 media player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/codecs-for-windows-media-player/7a55e77b-33b2-4323-93bb-afa9a2d1039d
  9. Fix codecs in Windows media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix codecs in Windows media Player?: Fix codecs in Windows media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/fix-codecs-in-windows-media-player/af88cef5-eb55-4d33-898f-3b9b72106cf9
  10. Window media player codec problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Window media player codec problems: I have downloaded and installed windows 10 codec from STANDARD Codecs for Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 but yet im not able to switch sound or subtitles from my .MKV files, does anyone know on what am i doing wrong and how can i solve the issue? 19145