Windows 10: How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI?

Discus and support How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm told that Windows can use HDMI. I'm considering buying a 7.1 HDMI decoder that has 8 RCA jacks so I can use my existing amplifiers. But I could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Aug 12, 2019.

1. How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI?

I'm told that Windows can use HDMI. I'm considering buying a 7.1 HDMI decoder that has 8 RCA jacks so I can use my existing amplifiers. But I could not find a setting in 'Windows Settings' 'Sound' 'App volume and device preferences' 'Output'. All that is listed is "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)".

How do I tell Windows to use HDMI?

Note: I also tried 'Windows Settings' 'Display' and clicked everywhere and couldn't even find a mention of HDMI.

Warm Regards,

Mark

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 12, 2019
  3. ricopedro Win User
    HDMI audio output problem

If you had read the web page
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-hdmi-audio-output/7b5b4084-5e0e-4c52-befb-1564ca2fe57e
    , you would not have suggested the Realtek website for finding the driver. If you want more
    information, you will be able to read the web pages from above. The software tool named audio10 does not work. It cannot be started. The issue is: “How do I get Realtek HDMI Output in the device manager?” This would really solve the problem.

ricopedro, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI?

No HDMI audio output in Device Manager

Hi Charles,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these question to understand the issue better.

Are you able to get Video output when you connect HDMI cable or the issue is specific to Audio?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows and BIOS, Chipset and HDMI updates in your computer and check. Also provide screen shot of Device manager by connecting HDMI cable.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI?

1. How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI? - Similar Threads - configure output audio

2. How do I set an HDMI output as audio only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set an HDMI output as audio only?: The issue:When I connect my Sony AV Reciever DA2400ES using the BD port to my PC via an HDMI cord, I get a display that I don't have a monitor for called SONY AVAMP. Windows will open some applications to this display, even though I have one of my other displays set as...
  3. How do I set an HDMI output as audio only?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set an HDMI output as audio only?: The issue:When I connect my Sony AV Reciever DA2400ES using the BD port to my PC via an HDMI cord, I get a display that I don't have a monitor for called SONY AVAMP. Windows will open some applications to this display, even though I have one of my other displays set as...
  4. How can I disable Audio OUTPUT on Windows Sandbox configuration?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable Audio OUTPUT on Windows Sandbox configuration?: Hi,Basically, I want to automate the Windows Sandbox with certain rules using the configuration XML file.This is an example of my current .wsb file, as you can see there is <AudioInput> so this is fine which disables the microphone, but I also want to disable the Audio Output...
  5. How can I disable Audio OUTPUT on Windows Sandbox configuration?

How can I disable Audio OUTPUT on Windows Sandbox configuration?: Hi,Basically, I want to automate the Windows Sandbox with certain rules using the configuration XML file.This is an example of my current .wsb file, as you can see there is <AudioInput> so this is fine which disables the microphone, but I also want to disable the Audio Output...
  6. How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.: Windows 10 which one I hate so much. So I got monitor connected to display port and its identy is nr2. Audio receiver is connected to hdmi port identy Nr1. How I can tell disable monitor function in hdmi port. Or change identities easy way without deleting registry files....
  7. How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.

How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.: Windows 10 which one I hate so much. So I got monitor connected to display port and its identy is nr2. Audio receiver is connected to hdmi port identy Nr1. How I can tell disable monitor function in hdmi port. Or change identities easy way without deleting registry files....
  8. How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. HDMI Output Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output Audio: I connected my HDMI to my TV and attempted to play output audio through the secondary device but it is not detected in my sound settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-audio/518ee249-2648-404a-8e83-6a078caf080b
  10. Static audio / video outputs through hdmi to AV receiver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static audio / video outputs through hdmi to AV receiver.: I have an ongoing issue with audio / video outputs from a pc I have in my living room. Its an i5 with 16GB ram running win10 pro. The machine has 2 1660 graphics cards in it (used for folding when not in use for other things) and its generally used for playing video and...