Windows 10: How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI?

Discus and support How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm told that Windows can use HDMI. I'm considering buying a 7.1 HDMI decoder that has 8 RCA jacks so I can use my existing amplifiers. But I could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Aug 12, 2019.

1. How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI?

I'm told that Windows can use HDMI. I'm considering buying a 7.1 HDMI decoder that has 8 RCA jacks so I can use my existing amplifiers. But I could not find a setting in 'Windows Settings' 'Sound' 'App volume and device preferences' 'Output'. All that is listed is "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)".

How do I tell Windows to use HDMI?

Note: I also tried 'Windows Settings' 'Display' and clicked everywhere and couldn't even find a mention of HDMI.

Warm Regards,

Mark

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 12, 2019
  3. ricopedro Win User
    HDMI audio output problem

If you had read the web page
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-hdmi-audio-output/7b5b4084-5e0e-4c52-befb-1564ca2fe57e
    , you would not have suggested the Realtek website for finding the driver. If you want more
    information, you will be able to read the web pages from above. The software tool named audio10 does not work. It cannot be started. The issue is: “How do I get Realtek HDMI Output in the device manager?” This would really solve the problem.

ricopedro, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI?

No HDMI audio output in Device Manager

Hi Charles,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these question to understand the issue better.

Are you able to get Video output when you connect HDMI cable or the issue is specific to Audio?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows and BIOS, Chipset and HDMI updates in your computer and check. Also provide screen shot of Device manager by connecting HDMI cable.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI?

1. How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI? - Similar Threads - configure output audio

2. Audio output while connected with HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio output while connected with HDMI: I'm connected to a projector with an HDMI cable and want to use the audio output from the computer to connect to a local PA system. The default is that when HDMI is connected, the computer audio port is disabled. How do I enable it?...
  3. HDMI output

HDMI output: I'm trying to run a projector from my Windows 10 laptop using HDMI to HDMI cable. The projector only shows background and taskbar. Using VGA to VGA cable worked fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/b3789904-ff58-4127-8138-ead5ae41f305
  4. How do I stop HDMI grabbing the audio and let it just have the video ?

How do I stop HDMI grabbing the audio and let it just have the video ?: I want to use HDMI from my laptop to a monitor. However, I want to plug a speaker into my laptop for the audio. However, HDMI grabs both the video and the audio , - I just want it to grab the video and leave the audio alone. Can it be done ? 116280
  5. How do i re-install the audio output device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i re-install the audio output device?: I accidentally uninstalled my audio output device and can not get it back. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-re-install-the-audio-output-device/9df44290-7d38-4699-ae2e-a955bc823272
  6. How do I, fix "No Audio Output Device is Installed" Problem.

How do I, fix "No Audio Output Device is Installed" Problem.: So, i have Windows 10, i'm barley learning about Computer's and such, but i plugged in my headphones and then all of a sudden i see "No Audio Output Device is Installed." I unplugged my headphones to see if that would fix the problem but of course it didn't. I don't know what...
  7. Force Intel HDMI Audio Output Possible ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Force Intel HDMI Audio Output Possible ?: This post is to document yet another flow I observed in Intel Graphics Driver (any) in my laptops . My observation is that on connecting an HDMI cable , only international brands are detected to be HDMI audio capable devices and instantly start playing audio on those...
  8. How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output?

How do I Output two Audio Inputs into ONE Output?: I've got a really funky setup. Basically XBOX One (HDMI to HDMI)/ Computer (HDMI to HDMI) to Receiver (supports 4K passthrough) to Monitor (via HDMI) I also have my computer plugged directly into my monitor via DisplayPort. I want to be able to hear my XBOX One through...
  9. Surface Pro 3 - No HDMI Audio Output

Surface Pro 3 - No HDMI Audio Output: Hi, my Surface Pro 3 HDMI audio stopped working last week, after a year or more of use. Any ideas would be appreciated. I only use this PC to stream entertainment to the TV, and sometimes for Skype. No changes made by me. Thanks! Here's what I've tried so far:...
  10. Laptop HDMI to TV: video but no audio

Laptop HDMI to TV: video but no audio: Okay. I'm having one heck of a time trying to get this thing to work. I recently purchased a new Asus laptop running Windows 10. I have it plugged in to an HDMI switcher which, in turn, runs to my TV. Now the problem is I am getting no audio from my TV speakers, but the video...