Windows 10: How do I connect 2 Windows 10 64 bit computers via a telecon modem with reasonable security...

Discus and support How do I connect 2 Windows 10 64 bit computers via a telecon modem with reasonable security... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to connect 2 Windows 7 64 bit computers via an Internet router. They used to indicate a connection via the Network folder in File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnCPR, Nov 15, 2018.

1. JohnCPR Win User

How do I connect 2 Windows 10 64 bit computers via a telecon modem with reasonable security...

I am trying to connect 2 Windows 7 64 bit computers via an Internet router. They used to indicate a connection via the Network folder in File Explorer. For some reason, this connection stopped working. A private network might be better if Windows 10 and Windows XP can be included.

:)

JohnCPR, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Bsnl evdo micromax mmx300c modem failed to connect on creator update

Hi Sagar,

A few possible reasons can be the cause of this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you receive any error messages when connecting to the Internet? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Is your computer connected to the modem using a wired or wireless connection?
    • What is the status of the connection in the system tray? Are you connected to the modem but not getting Internet connectivity?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try performing the troubleshooting steps in the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Keep us updated with the status of the issue.

Gino Des, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile How do I connect 2 Windows 10 64 bit computers via a telecon modem with reasonable security... :)

4. W1zzard Win User

How do I connect 2 Windows 10 64 bit computers via a telecon modem with reasonable security...

Windows XP 64-bit is gold

Several Websites report that Windows XP 64-bit has reached gold status and is on the way to the CD manufacturer.

MSDN subscribers can already download the final release of Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.

The top 5 reasons to upgrade are (from MS Website):
    • High performance platform for the next generation of applications: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is a rich platform that enables the next generation of high-performance computing. 64-bit native applications can deliver more data per clock cycle, making them run faster and more efficiently.
    • Large memory support: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition will currently support up to 128 gigabytes (GB) of RAM and 16 terabytes of virtual memory, enabling applications to run faster when working with large data sets. Applications can preload substantially more data into virtual memory, allowing rapid access by the 64-bit processor.
    • Flexibility: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition provides a rich platform to integrate 64-bit technical applications and existing 32-bit business applications using the Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64) x86 emulation layer, providing customers with the ability to move to 64-bit computing without having to sacrifice their existing investment in 32-bit software and Windows expertise.
    • Multiprocessing and multicore: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to support up to two single or multicore x64 processors for maximum performance and scalability.
    • Same programming model: Developers with 32-bit skills will be comfortable and quickly productive in the 64-bit Windows environment, finding it virtually identical to the development environment for 32-bit Windows.
    I have seen many reviews which compare 64-bit vs. 32-bit and there is not much gain to see, unless you use specialized applications.

W1zzard, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I connect 2 Windows 10 64 bit computers via a telecon modem with reasonable security... - Similar Threads - connect bit computers

2. Windows 10 pro-64 bit Security will not update; I AM CONNECTED to internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 pro-64 bit Security will not update; I AM CONNECTED to internet: No updates for two days now; the updater just runs and runs -- no error message; no update. My wife's computer on same network updated properly with new defs three hours ago.Thanks for reading and for any help/suggestions....
  3. HOw do I change window 32 bit to 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOw do I change window 32 bit to 64 bit?: HOw do I change window 32 bit to 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-window-32-bit-to-64-bit/e7163e22-e272-4f03-a81f-04e92f996d5f
  4. My two computers are connected via the modem

in Windows 10 Customization
    My two computers are connected via the modem: but network credentials password is not being accepted?? why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-two-computers-are-connected-via-the-modem/af2198a8-d67e-4da0-ad10-61c30d47de91
  5. via Mac - Windows10 to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    via Mac - Windows10 to 64 bit: Hello, I need to upgrade Windows 10 from 32 bit to 64 bit. Only computer with internet access is a Mac. Any direction would be appreciated. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/via-mac-windows10-to-64-bit/85a471c4-dbb8-4a7f-876b-30a116526d44
  6. How do I connect to Wireless modem when moving computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I connect to Wireless modem when moving computer: Hi, Can anyone provide me with a solution to the problem that a friend has experienced with his Windows 10 PC. My friend had his PC switched off for some time and decided to move it from where it used to be into another room. He has a Telstra Modem using a wireless...
  7. How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer

How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer: Hi, Can anyone provide me with a solution to the problem that a friend has experienced with his Windows 10 PC. My friend had his PC switched off for some time and decided to move it from where it used to be into another room. He has a Telstra Modem using a wireless...
  8. How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I connect to Wirelss modem when moving computer: Hi, Can anyone provide me with a solution to the problem that a friend has experienced with his Windows 10 PC. My friend had his PC switched off for some time and decided to move it from where it used to be into another room. He has a Telstra Modem using a wireless...
  9. How do I transfer files from windows 10 64 bit to windows 10 64bit computers via cable

How do I transfer files from windows 10 64 bit to windows 10 64bit computers via cable: How do I transfer files from windows 10 64 bit to windows 10 64bit computers via cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-files-from-windows-10-64-bit-to/91f3bffb-3ad8-4318-8786-a5bcfee713d9"
  10. VIA audio drivers for windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VIA audio drivers for windows 10 64 bit: HI All I have audio problem with my ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 motherboard on windows 10 64 bit. ASUS do not have 64 bit drivers for windows 10,so I downloaded drivers of windows 7 64 bit and xp 64 bit and in administrator privileges I run these under appropriate compatibility...