Windows 10: How do I connect a new SSD to computer to clone old SSD?

Discus and support How do I connect a new SSD to computer to clone old SSD? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a Dell Precision 5510 with a 512 GB SSD. I have ordered a new 1 TB SSD from Dell, on which I want to clone my 512 GB drive. I'm using EaseUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by JEG in Raleigh, Dec 1, 2020.

1. How do I connect a new SSD to computer to clone old SSD?

I have a Dell Precision 5510 with a 512 GB SSD. I have ordered a new 1 TB SSD from Dell, on which I want to clone my 512 GB drive. I'm using EaseUS software for the cloning operation. I've contacted Dell and made sure I have the correct SSD on order. I have never done this before.

My question is, what device do I use to temporarily connect the new 1 TB drive to my laptop so the cloning can take place? I have two USB 3 ports. The new SSD is a Dell M.2 PCIe NVME Class 40 2280 Solid State Drive - 1 TB. The Dell part number is AA615520. The manufacturer part number is SNP112P/1TB. I've looked on Amazon and this device is the one I was thinking of buying, but I want to make sure it will work with the SSD I'm getting from Dell (help!). Thanks.

Amazon.com

If the device linked above is not compatible, here is a link to the Amazon search page that has more devices on it.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=m+2+usb+a...l_4givwwkg33_e

:)

JEG in Raleigh, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

How do I connect a new SSD to computer to clone old SSD?

1. How do I connect a new SSD to computer to clone old SSD? - Similar Threads - connect SSD computer

2. How to clone ssd to a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clone ssd to a larger ssd: I am trying to clone my OS and everything on my current ssd to a new ssd, but the software I tried using minitool wizard partition kept trying to get me to upgrade to a pro version even though I had a trial of it....
  3. How to clone ssd to a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clone ssd to a larger ssd: I am trying to clone my OS and everything on my current ssd to a new ssd, but the software I tried using minitool wizard partition kept trying to get me to upgrade to a pro version even though I had a trial of it....
  4. *noob alert* moving clone of old SSD to new SSD via USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    *noob alert* moving clone of old SSD to new SSD via USB?: submitted by /u/Equivalent-Panic-262 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lo8j8h/noob_alert_moving_clone_of_old_ssd_to_new_ssd_via/
  5. Old SSD to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old SSD to new computer: I have an old SSD that I would like to install and use on a new computer that already has one SSD and on HD. Windows is installed on the new computer on the SSD. However, windows was also installed on the old SSD I would like to move to the new computer. When I hook up the...
  6. Cloning old system drive on sata SSD to a nvme SSD on a new rig.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning old system drive on sata SSD to a nvme SSD on a new rig.: Long story short, I need to clone the content of my old machine's sata SSD into my new machine's nvme SSD so I can continue using my current installation without losing my software, settings, personal files etc. I have a clone of my drive on another SSD at the moment for...
  7. Unable to Boot to Windows 10 after Cloning old SSD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot to Windows 10 after Cloning old SSD to new SSD: Hi, My old SSD (with windows 10 installed) is not big enough, so I bought a new one, Samsung 970 EVO with NVMe. After cloning my old SSD to the new one using Clonezilla and replacing the SSD, I was not able to boot to Windows. I selected the Windows Boot Manager in the BIOS...
  8. Cloning old Windows 10 SSD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cloning old Windows 10 SSD to new SSD: If I clone my old upgraded windows 10 SSD to a new SSD and do a clean install on the new SSD. Would the new cloned SSD be activated? 9609
  9. Allocation of new SSD and removal of old after cloning.....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allocation of new SSD and removal of old after cloning.....: Hi guys Would really appreciate some help here, and hopefully I'll be able to explain in as simplest terms as possible so as not to confuse. It may be a bit long winded but I think for someone to be able to help me they need to understand the why's and wherefore's lol - so...
  10. SSD Clone to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD Clone to SSD: Hey, I am cloning several computers for work with the exact same hardware. I have a working computer with a SSD and HDD. When I clone the SSD and start up the same computer with the SSD switched windows will not load and it gives me the standard missing required files to...