Windows 10: How do I connect a wireless keyboard to my Windows laptop?

Discus and support How do I connect a wireless keyboard to my Windows laptop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a wireless keyboard which I would like to connect to my laptop. How do I do it? Do I need to download the software? Cheryl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CherylGoulding, Jul 7, 2020.

1. How do I connect a wireless keyboard to my Windows laptop?

I have a wireless keyboard which I would like to connect to my laptop. How do I do it? Do I need to download the software?

Cheryl

:)

CherylGoulding, Jul 7, 2020

2. how do I replace batteries on my wireless keyboard 2000?

Trying to connect my wireless keyboard 2000 and having no success. The software has been downloaded and is showing up in Settings on my list of devices. I have not used this keyboard for some time and I suspect the batteries need replacing. Trouble
    is I cannot open the cover over the battery compartment...don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Lorene Hildrop, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Connect wireless keyboard to Windows 10

Hi Juan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer these queries, mentioned below:

• Do you get any prompt or error message?
    • How do you connect your wireless keyboard? (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi)
    • Are referring to Windows 8.1 operating system?
    This issue occurs due to the outdated and incompatible wireless keyboards driver on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to uninstall the wireless
    keyboards driver and reinstall the latest wireless
    keyboards driver in compatibility mode in Device Manager and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the wireless
    keyboards driver in compatibility mode with Windows 8.1 operating system.

1. Download the latest wireless keyboards driver from the Microsoft manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jul 7, 2020
  4. How do I connect a wireless keyboard to my Windows laptop?

in windows 10 how do i turn on my wireless printer

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the printer and the computer?

As you have mentioned that “I cannot turn on my wireless printer. it says my radio is off”
    which means the wireless button might not have turned ‘ON’ on your printer.

So I suggest you to check for the wireless button on the printer and turn it ‘ON’ then follow the below steps to ‘ADD’ the wireless printer on your computer and connect it, check if it helps.

• In the Search box type as ‘Device and Printers’.
    • Click on ‘Add a printer’ you will find the wireless printer is displayed on your computer.
    • Click on the printer and click on ‘Next’.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction and connect the computer and printer.

If still you are facing issue in connecting the wireless printer then I suggest you to refer to the printer manual and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

How do I connect a wireless keyboard to my Windows laptop?

1. How do I connect a wireless keyboard to my Windows laptop? - Similar Threads - connect wireless keyboard

2. How do I fix my wireless internet connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my wireless internet connection?: I'm using an Dell G15 and basically my internet just stopped working along with airplane mode and battery saver being disabled for no reason. Not sure what to do, all of my other devices are fine in my house. I'm guessing that my wireless connection was disabled or something....
  3. How do I fix my wireless internet connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my wireless internet connection?: I'm using an Dell G15 and basically my internet just stopped working along with airplane mode and battery saver being disabled for no reason. Not sure what to do, all of my other devices are fine in my house. I'm guessing that my wireless connection was disabled or something....
  4. How do I connect my microsoft wireless mouse to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect my microsoft wireless mouse to my laptop: How do I connect my microsoft wireless mouse to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-microsoft-wireless-mouse-to-my/4aef7e86-bd82-462b-be7a-a5700a00d1c4
  5. How do I connect my microsoft wireless mouse to my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I connect my microsoft wireless mouse to my laptop: How do I connect my microsoft wireless mouse to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-microsoft-wireless-mouse-to-my/4aef7e86-bd82-462b-be7a-a5700a00d1c4
  6. how to connect my wireless mouse to my wireless laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to connect my wireless mouse to my wireless laptop: I want to connect my wireless mouse to my wireless laptop , I cannot do it. I need help someone tell me how to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-my-wireless-mouse-to-my-wireless/d51072b5-c8b1-4fa8-86e6-5d7cf73c6cc3
  7. how do i use my pc's wireless keyboard on my laptop?

how do i use my pc's wireless keyboard on my laptop?: I have a laptop and need to use my pc's wireless keyboard with it. cannot find the usb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-my-pcs-wireless-keyboard-on-my-laptop/59c337dd-1449-4792-93fa-dd7b4782e176
  8. How do I reconnect my wireless printer to laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I reconnect my wireless printer to laptop?: Hello. I'm new on here. I had my HP Envy 4507 printer wirelessly linked to my Lenovo ideapad 510 (with Windows 10) and working perfectly. Now, the printer and laptop each indicate that they are actively linked to my network but when I ask the printer to print, I get the...
  9. How do I disable my laptop's keyboard?

How do I disable my laptop's keyboard?: Hello , I want to get a mechanical keyboard soon for my laptop , and i want to disable the laptop's keyboard , to save battery , Because my battery will die in 10-20 minutes with the laptop unplugged . Any solution ? And i want to mention that : how do i turn on my laptop...
  10. how do I replace batteries on my wireless keyboard 2000?

how do I replace batteries on my wireless keyboard 2000?: Trying to connect my wireless keyboard 2000 and having no success. The software has been downloaded and is showing up in Settings on my list of devices. I have not used this keyboard for some time and I suspect the batteries need replacing. Trouble is I cannot open the...