Windows 10: How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?

Discus and support How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I realize I have an option in the bios to change it to AC 97, but even than the pin names don't match and the logical ways to connect don't seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by avada, Sep 11, 2019.

1. avada Win User

How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?

Hi!

I realize I have an option in the bios to change it to AC 97, but even than the pin names don't match and the logical ways to connect don't seem to work
    Here's what the user manual shows:

How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo? [​IMG]

And here are the connectors of the chassis:

How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo? [​IMG]

:)

avada, Sep 11, 2019

2. No audio from rear I/O audio connection in motherboard panel

I am not able to get any signal to the rear audio jacks of my Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Mobo, I am running a licensed version of windows 10 pro x64bit. My speakers are the BOSE Companion 50 with the standard 3.5mm jack. I updated the drivers to the latest Realtek
    HD Audio drivers but to no avail.

There are 4 audio devices in device manager

2 in "Audio inputs and outputs"

- Realtek digital output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

- Realtek digital output (optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

and 2 in "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"

- High Definition audio device

- Realtek High definition audio

AND...when I plug my speakers into the front chassis HD Audio output.... 3.5mm headphone jack...the sound works fine. (this is plugged into the Front Panel Audio connector (10-1 pin AAFP) on the motherboard.) When this is plugged in,

a 'speakers (realtek high definition audio)'

device appears in the "Audio inputs and outputs" in device manger.

When I plug the speakers into the rear mobo I/O Audio connection, there is recognition from the Asus Realtek HD Audio software that something has been connected, but no sound is output through them at all. I have changed the playback devices to both realtek
    audio and realtek audio (optical), from what I understand, the 'Optical' is the optical output from my motherboard that is labelled SPDIF out on the rear panel? Is that right?

I just don't know what else to try.

Its worth mentioning I only built this PC last weekend and so have never had any audio signal from the rear of this motherboard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SteadtyEddy, Sep 11, 2019
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Sep 11, 2019
  4. MatTheCat Win User

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Sounds like your front panel is not connected to the front panel outputs on either your motherboard or your sound card.

Afraid its a case of referring to your mobo manual and a matter of getting a pair of pliers out and plugging in small finicky wires onto tiny little pins...in the correct order.

MatTheCat, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo? - Similar Threads - connect old chassis'

2. Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel: Good Day,I was wondering if I can seek assistance, clarity, and hopefully, a solution for my audio concern.I've been trying to make my headsets and headphones work using the Front or Back Panel of my PC, but still I have no luck.What's weird and confusing are these findings-...
  3. Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel: Good Day,I was wondering if I can seek assistance, clarity, and hopefully, a solution for my audio concern.I've been trying to make my headsets and headphones work using the Front or Back Panel of my PC, but still I have no luck.What's weird and confusing are these findings-...
  4. Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Front panel

Front panel: Is it possible to link sound blaster z to a pc front panel (ac 97) ? 170842
  6. audio jacks at the front panel do not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio jacks at the front panel do not work: [ATTACH] (newly built pc) So my green audio jack at the back seems to work ( whether I plug in a headset or speakers) but none of the other ones work for audio at the back (although I assume only the green one is for audio anyways so its probably fine). But, the front...
  7. Connect old chasis audio to new mobo

Connect old chasis audio to new mobo: Hello , i have a b250m motherboard and an old chasis, i never use before the front audio panel because I dont need to, and I dont know how to connect the separated cables to the front panel audio connector, but the scenario change i I really need to use know. The chassis have...
  8. Front panel audio not working

Front panel audio not working: So, just like my last PC case, my front panel audio for some reason isn't working, I thought it was my PC case, but i have gotten an entirely new case, and motherboard. I have triple checked that all front panel devices are in fact plugged in. Uninstalled my sound drivers,...
  9. realtek front panel no audio

realtek front panel no audio: so i just make my first pc build. and after everything thing i found out that the front panel audio and mic are not working. first of, even after updating it it did not install realtek hd audio manager. so i found it downloaded it. and after when i did open, it was opened in...
  10. How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?

How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?: Hi! I realize I have an option in the bios to change it to AC 97, but even than the pin names don't match and the logical ways to connect don't seem to work. I have peculiarities such as separate ground for MIC. Here's what the user manual shows: [img] And here are the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aafp old front panel pin install guide