Windows 10: How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?

Discus and support How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I realize I have an option in the bios to change it to AC 97, but even than the pin names don't match and the logical ways to connect don't seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by avada, Sep 11, 2019.

1. avada Win User

How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?

Hi!

I realize I have an option in the bios to change it to AC 97, but even than the pin names don't match and the logical ways to connect don't seem to work
    Here's what the user manual shows:

How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo? [​IMG]

And here are the connectors of the chassis:

How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo? [​IMG]

:)

avada, Sep 11, 2019

2. No audio from rear I/O audio connection in motherboard panel

I am not able to get any signal to the rear audio jacks of my Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Mobo, I am running a licensed version of windows 10 pro x64bit. My speakers are the BOSE Companion 50 with the standard 3.5mm jack. I updated the drivers to the latest Realtek
    HD Audio drivers but to no avail.

There are 4 audio devices in device manager

2 in "Audio inputs and outputs"

- Realtek digital output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

- Realtek digital output (optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

and 2 in "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"

- High Definition audio device

- Realtek High definition audio

AND...when I plug my speakers into the front chassis HD Audio output.... 3.5mm headphone jack...the sound works fine. (this is plugged into the Front Panel Audio connector (10-1 pin AAFP) on the motherboard.) When this is plugged in,

a 'speakers (realtek high definition audio)'

device appears in the "Audio inputs and outputs" in device manger.

When I plug the speakers into the rear mobo I/O Audio connection, there is recognition from the Asus Realtek HD Audio software that something has been connected, but no sound is output through them at all. I have changed the playback devices to both realtek
    audio and realtek audio (optical), from what I understand, the 'Optical' is the optical output from my motherboard that is labelled SPDIF out on the rear panel? Is that right?

I just don't know what else to try.

Its worth mentioning I only built this PC last weekend and so have never had any audio signal from the rear of this motherboard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SteadtyEddy, Sep 11, 2019
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Sep 11, 2019
  4. MatTheCat Win User

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Sounds like your front panel is not connected to the front panel outputs on either your motherboard or your sound card.

Afraid its a case of referring to your mobo manual and a matter of getting a pair of pliers out and plugging in small finicky wires onto tiny little pins...in the correct order.

MatTheCat, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo? - Similar Threads - connect old chassis'

2. How do I disable the front headphone Jack?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable the front headphone Jack?: Hi I broke off my 3.5mm cord for speakers in front headphone jack. Ive tried everybody everybody has said everywhere (im pretty good with computers but just had half my teeth out, i physically can take pain killers and i cant think) but cant figure out how to shut off the...
  3. Front audio jack

Front audio jack: I try all realtek driver version but no one's install or shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-audio-jack/11349524-463a-4bdc-8318-41913b4e87e8
  4. Front panel audio jack problems in windows 10

Front panel audio jack problems in windows 10: @THIS MAY BREAK YOUR COMPUTER@ @THIS TIP MAY RUIN YOUR DRIVERS@ @PLEASE DON'T TRY IF DON'T KNOW WHAT U R DOING AS IT MAY CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR COMPUTER@ so my front panel audio jack after win10 update was not working i tried all the solutions listed in a thread answered...
  5. how do I open Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I open Control Panel: Where is Control Panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-control-panel/57000368-e1aa-43db-94b3-06f0e8ca9bec
  6. Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.

Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.: Please can someone help? After reinstalling Windows 10 and completely restoring my PC the audio jack stopped working. In the sounds it has a speaker option for 1x Audio Jack -REAR PANEL 3x Audio Jack -HDMI inputs but nothing for front audio jack. i tested the audio jack...
  7. "Mic in at front Panel (Black)" Not Plugged In

"Mic in at front Panel (Black)" Not Plugged In: Hello! Up until a few days ago I was able to use the microphone on my earbuds with no issue, and now the microphone won't connect to windows. I've tried everything I can find to help fix it, restarting my computer, updating the drivers, running the troubleshooter, etc. etc....
  8. how do i remove recent tabs

in Browsers and Email
    how do i remove recent tabs: if i go to history and want to remove it all of a sudden it shoes history and recent tabs and even after the history is deleted by checking the padge and hitting delete the recent tabs still shows the last 9 or 10 sites you have been on?*Mad 21196
  9. Front panel Audio detection is all mixed up and I don't know why?

Front panel Audio detection is all mixed up and I don't know why?: Hi guys, Issue i'm having with using my headset in my front panels and I can't figure out what's up. If I plug the green headphone jack into the headphone port the pop up comes up and tells me this is the pink mic port. Gives me the option to select from headphone, mic,...
  10. New case. Front Panel audio output not functioning properly

New case. Front Panel audio output not functioning properly: Essentially the title explains the issue. I bought a new case b/c my old case's audio jacks went out. (I wanted to upgrade to a full tower anyways) Rebuilt my computer into the new case, audio in the back works perfectly fine, but audio in the front only works in the right...