Windows 10: How do I connect my Android phone to my laptop running Windows 10 with the Connect App?

Discus and support How do I connect my Android phone to my laptop running Windows 10 with the Connect App? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to wirelessly connect my Android phone with my Windows 10 laptop with theConnect app. But, my phone asks for a password before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aks2161989, Dec 28, 2019.

1. How do I connect my Android phone to my laptop running Windows 10 with the Connect App?

Hello,

I am trying to wirelessly connect my Android phone with my Windows 10 laptop with theConnect app. But, my phone asks for a password before connecting.

I tried my WiFi password - doesn't work

I tried using my phone screen lock password - doesn't work

If I click "connect" without entering a password, I see the message "disconnected" on my phone.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

aks2161989, Dec 28, 2019
  2. t_ski Win User

$.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown How do I connect my Android phone to my laptop running Windows 10 with the Connect App? :(

t_ski, Dec 28, 2019
  3. imaddicted2u, Dec 28, 2019
  4. mel2000 Win User

How do I connect my Android phone to my laptop running Windows 10 with the Connect App?

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Android phone on Wi-Fi direct

I don't have a rooted phone but I can't get WiFi Direct to connect to my laptop.

• Moto G5S+ XT1806 Android 7.1 (unrooted)
    • Windows 10 HP-15 laptop

• phone: AdClear local VPN firewall/adblocker -> disabled/enabled -> no difference
    • PC: Devices & Printers -> add device -> xt1806 found but not connected (grayed-out)
    • Disconnected PC from home WiFi connection
    • Disconnected phone from home WiFi connection
    • Connected phone to its cellular data connection
    • phone: Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> WiFi Direct -> (searching) -> no PC found
    • Disconnected phone from its cellular data connection
    • Reconnected phone to home WiFi connection
    • phone: Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> WiFi Direct -> (searching) -> no PC found
    • disabled/enabled Win 10 firewall and tried again -> no difference
    • Windows Network Diagnostics found no issues.

Is my AT&T carrier preventing the connection from happening? Do I need a specific app to make the connection? Any help troubleshooting this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mel2000, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I connect my Android phone to my laptop running Windows 10 with the Connect App?

1. How do I connect my Android phone to my laptop running Windows 10 with the Connect App? - Similar Threads - connect Android phone

2. How do I attach android phone USBC connection to my Acer monitor HDMI connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I attach android phone USBC connection to my Acer monitor HDMI connection?: USBC to HDMI connection.. what adapter do I use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-attach-android-phone-usbc-connection-to/8f7fa4c3-508b-4eb2-96cd-a9fec6553350
  3. How do I attach android phone USBC connection to my Acer monitor HDMI connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I attach android phone USBC connection to my Acer monitor HDMI connection?: USBC to HDMI connection.. what adapter do I use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-attach-android-phone-usbc-connection-to/8f7fa4c3-508b-4eb2-96cd-a9fec6553350
  4. Bluetooth/ android phone not connecting to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth/ android phone not connecting to my laptop: Hi all, I have recently bought both a new phone and a laptop. My new and old phones are both Samsung, though the old one is an A12, and the new one is an A13. My old laptop is an old HP one and my new one is an HP Envy x360 laptop. My problem is that both phones are able to...
  5. Bluetooth/ android phone not connecting to my laptop

Bluetooth/ android phone not connecting to my laptop: Hi all, I have recently bought both a new phone and a laptop. My new and old phones are both Samsung, though the old one is an A12, and the new one is an A13. My old laptop is an old HP one and my new one is an HP Envy x360 laptop. My problem is that both phones are able to...
  6. Microsoft Connect App not connecting with my android phone.

Microsoft Connect App not connecting with my android phone.: When I open my connect app, It is opening correctly but when I connect it with my android phone, It is not connecting. Can anyone provide me a fix to fix this problem?...
  7. connected my Android Phone with Your Phone App in Windows 10 Pro

connected my Android Phone with Your Phone App in Windows 10 Pro: I connected my Android Phone with the "Your Phone" App in Windows 10 Pro Because I have another PC home for my parents... Windows 10 Pro - same Microsoft login account, as mine --- can connect additional Android Phones to my PC or my parent's PC? What is the minimum...
  8. Connecting calendars on the laptop and Android phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting calendars on the laptop and Android phone: I wonder how I can connect my calendars on the laptop and Android phone. I use Surface laptop with associated email account on Yahoo.com. I decided to add calendar to the phone by installing Yahoo email app. However it pulls up my Yahoo.com calendar but not my calendar on my...
  9. how do i connect my phone to my printer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i connect my phone to my printer?: help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-phone-to-my-printer/087cd887-d07c-4fcb-8d39-0ba83da6cbe6
  10. Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot: Hello, I am trying to use the mobile Hotspot feature included with my new PC running Windows 10. Here is the issue: I went to settings and activated the hotspot; The hotspot address being transmitted is recognized by my Android mobile phone; I select the hotspot address...