Windows 10: how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network

Discus and support how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can connect one computer (A) to another computer (B), but cannot connect B to A. Both are using Windows 10, but B is home version while A is pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Milty789, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Milty789 Win User

how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network

I can connect one computer (A) to another computer (B), but cannot connect B to A. Both are using Windows 10, but B is home version while A is pro version.

:)

Milty789, Feb 2, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 2, 2019
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network - Similar Threads - connect computer another

2. Can't access the "public" folder of another computer connected to my local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access the "public" folder of another computer connected to my local network: Hi,I am trying to access the ‘public’ folder located in C:\Users in computer H from another computer computer A connected to my local network. But I can’t access it because Windows is asking me for a username and password.I thought the ‘public’ folder was designed by...
  3. Can't access another computer on my network

Can't access another computer on my network: Since I've updated Windows, I can no longer access my other computer that I have networked. It says I do not have permission to access the computer. I've never had to utilize a user/password....
  4. How do I get my scanner to connect to my computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get my scanner to connect to my computer?: My printer/scanner worked fine all last week. This week only the printer will work. I open up the scanner in Settings, and it shows up. When I go to scan something it says that I need to connect to a scanner....
  5. Administrative permission to another computer on my network

Administrative permission to another computer on my network: How do I give administrative permission to another computer on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-permission-to-another-computer-on/63e201b5-17e5-46a7-8073-c8c1b2f15927
  6. Accessing another computer on my WIFI network

Accessing another computer on my WIFI network: I have a WIFI network with by PC, my notebook, multifunction centre and NAS. I can access the MFC and NAS from both my PC and notebook - no problems. From my notebook I can access files on my PC - no problems. However, when trying to access my notebook file from my PC...
  7. how to access a file on another computer on my network

how to access a file on another computer on my network: how to access a file on another computer on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-a-file-on-another-computer-on-my/e78a8b3e-f5d5-478a-a12f-1fe718d68b4a
  8. Access to another computer on my home network.

Access to another computer on my home network.: When trying to access a second computer I'm required to enter a user name and password. There are no user names and/or passwords on any of my computers. What now?...
  9. How can I add another computer to my network?

How can I add another computer to my network?: I need to share another computer on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-another-computer-to-my-network/0ef2ad7f-22c0-41a3-9ff5-e037f9ea478c
  10. How do I add another gmail account to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add another gmail account to my computer: How can I add another account to my gmail account in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-do-i-add-another-gmail-account-to-my-computer/b3d75bac-ac5b-4701-96eb-f4329ea5d6e1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i connect my computer to another computer