Windows 10: How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor?

Discus and support How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do connect my laptop to my tv screen to use as a second monitor? I connected my laptop to my tv screen but it is just projecting my laptop screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KandiceWhite1, Oct 13, 2018.

1. How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor?

How do connect my laptop to my tv screen to use as a second monitor? I connected my laptop to my tv screen but it is just projecting my laptop screen on my tv. I want to use my tv screen as a second monitor. Please help.

Thanks

:)

KandiceWhite1, Oct 13, 2018

2. Connecting laptop to tv

Hi Ro,

There might be a configuration in your TV that we need to change to resolve this . For better assistance, we would like to gather more information:

• When you connected the HDMI to the TV, what source/display option did you choose?
    • Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable to a different TV/monitor?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to connect your computer and TV?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Laptop Connection to External TV used as Monitor

What actions have tried to solve the problem?

What version of W10 are you on?

What was the upgrade that was applied ?

Try > turn off your laptop > disconnect external monitor connection (TV) > restart laptop > reconnect external monitor (TV) > is the TV recognised ?

or:

Turn off laptop > disconnect Monitor > restart laptop > re-install graphics driver from laptop manufacturers website > Restart laptop > re-connect monitor > is monitor recognised ?

Shilohbob, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor?

my second screen is not working anymore, the connection between the laptop and tv has suddenly disappeared.

To further isolate the issue, answer the following questions:

• Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different monitor or TV?
    • Have you tried contacting the device manufacturer for assistance with the proper settings and setup to project your laptop to your TV?

We're looking forward to your response.

Arjay Dom, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor?

1. How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor? - Similar Threads - connect laptop scrren

2. How can I connect my laptop to my TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I connect my laptop to my TV: My HP laptop running Windows 11 has a completely broken screen. I attempted to connect it to my TV in order to use it as a monitor to transfer data to my new laptop, but unfortunately, it did not work. Can someone please provide assistance with this issue? I would greatly...
  3. How can I connect my laptop to my TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I connect my laptop to my TV: My HP laptop running Windows 11 has a completely broken screen. I attempted to connect it to my TV in order to use it as a monitor to transfer data to my new laptop, but unfortunately, it did not work. Can someone please provide assistance with this issue? I would greatly...
  4. The monitor on my laptop is doesn't work and I'm using HDMI to connect into a TV as my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The monitor on my laptop is doesn't work and I'm using HDMI to connect into a TV as my...: The monitor on my laptop is doesn't work and I'm using HDMI to connect into a TV as my monitor..But the problem now is the TV can't capture any signal when The HDMI is connected to to TV How do I fix this?...
  5. The monitor on my laptop is doesn't work and I'm using HDMI to connect into a TV as my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The monitor on my laptop is doesn't work and I'm using HDMI to connect into a TV as my...: The monitor on my laptop is doesn't work and I'm using HDMI to connect into a TV as my monitor..But the problem now is the TV can't capture any signal when The HDMI is connected to to TV How do I fix this?...
  6. How do I connect second monitor only to my TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I connect second monitor only to my TV: I have two monitors one goes into the HDMI port on my GPU. The other goes into the DVI port on my GPU I also have a TV. I'd like to mirror my second screen only to my TV with a HDMI cable while I work with the main one. Please what's the best way to go about this. submitted...
  7. how to connect my laptop to my tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to connect my laptop to my tv: the screen is small and I want it to look bigger help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-my-laptop-to-my-tv/d8784617-ecaf-443c-a5b3-141f1db77127
  8. how do I connect my laptop to my TV using wifi

how do I connect my laptop to my TV using wifi: how to connect laptop to TV using wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-laptop-to-my-tv-using-wifi/b967f997-096e-43eb-abbc-5dff1a32e49a
  9. Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.

Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.: Hello, I am attempting to use a Tv (SAMSUNG T24B350ND) as a second monitor on my Lenova Legion (Model 81q6) The second screen is croped or not scaled correctly and is cutting of the task bar. More concerning it is displaying a very low grainy resolution. Tinkering in...
  10. how do I connect my laptop to my TV with HMDI

how do I connect my laptop to my TV with HMDI: Cant seem to work this out!!! any ideas please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-laptop-to-my-tv-with-hmdi/f748b859-6ca7-4593-a04d-0615f454350a