Windows 10: how do I connect my laptop to my TV with HMDI

Discus and support how do I connect my laptop to my TV with HMDI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cant seem to work this out!!! any ideas please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clairesh, Aug 16, 2019.

1. clairesh Win User

how do I connect my laptop to my TV with HMDI

Cant seem to work this out!!! any ideas please

:)

clairesh, Aug 16, 2019

2. Laptop to TV

I have just bought a new Dell Laptop with windows 10, When I connect a HMDI cable to Laptop and TV, the TV screen remains black, I have used the F key and selected duplicate from the list , but still nothing. Can you help please as I need to sort this out
    urgently . Been tried with two different cables on two different TV's as well

Thanks

Andrew

AndrewHudson1, Aug 16, 2019
  3. LouCamp Win User
    Windows 10 HMDI output to TV

Well guys, Thanks for advice...turns out all is OK, except for the TV !!

It is an old 42" Dell Plasma and it must have an early HMDI input that is not compatible with the current versions. I hooked the computer up to a newer TV HMDI and it worked perfectly. Looks like I need a new TV how do I connect my laptop to my TV with HMDI :(

LouCamp, Aug 16, 2019
  4. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. how do I connect my laptop to my TV with HMDI - Similar Threads - connect laptop HMDI

2. How can I connect my laptop to my TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I connect my laptop to my TV: My HP laptop running Windows 11 has a completely broken screen. I attempted to connect it to my TV in order to use it as a monitor to transfer data to my new laptop, but unfortunately, it did not work. Can someone please provide assistance with this issue? I would greatly...
  3. How can I connect my laptop to my TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I connect my laptop to my TV: My HP laptop running Windows 11 has a completely broken screen. I attempted to connect it to my TV in order to use it as a monitor to transfer data to my new laptop, but unfortunately, it did not work. Can someone please provide assistance with this issue? I would greatly...
  4. How do I connect second monitor only to my TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I connect second monitor only to my TV: I have two monitors one goes into the HDMI port on my GPU. The other goes into the DVI port on my GPU I also have a TV. I'd like to mirror my second screen only to my TV with a HDMI cable while I work with the main one. Please what's the best way to go about this. submitted...
  5. how to connect my laptop to my tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to connect my laptop to my tv: the screen is small and I want it to look bigger help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-my-laptop-to-my-tv/d8784617-ecaf-443c-a5b3-141f1db77127
  6. how do I connect my laptop to my TV using wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I connect my laptop to my TV using wifi: how to connect laptop to TV using wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-laptop-to-my-tv-using-wifi/b967f997-096e-43eb-abbc-5dff1a32e49a
  7. how do i connect my tv (Dell) to my Panasonic TV by hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i connect my tv (Dell) to my Panasonic TV by hdmi cable: how do I connect my Dell 7010 computer to my Panasonic tv by hdmi cable both are connected by dongle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-tv-dell-to-my-panasonic-tv-by/00ae3d8c-0f9d-4a78-a415-b7635779861e
  8. I need Connect my Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need Connect my Laptop to TV: How can I connect my Laptop to the TV Wirelessly? If anyone knows please I need help with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-connect-my-laptop-to-tv/c82db8cc-316a-4f10-95d8-b1bde191edd7
  9. How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor?: How do connect my laptop to my tv screen to use as a second monitor? I connected my laptop to my tv screen but it is just projecting my laptop screen on my tv. I want to use my tv screen as a second monitor. Please help. Thanks...
  10. how do i connect my pc and tv with bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i connect my pc and tv with bluetooth: how do i connect my pc and tv with bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-connect-my-pc-and-tv-with-bluetooth/5e2f497c-8cd7-45c2-95ed-be49f89530fd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need one or two hmdi cables to connect computer to tv